• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s HAWKEYE (TBD)
5 5

343 posts in this topic

One of the worst-kept secrets in the history of the Marvel Cinematic Universe was the casting of Hailee Steinfeld as beloved Marvel archer Kate Bishop. Though trade reports revealed her casting and subsequently came out to say it wasn't a done deal, it turns out Steinfeld was Marvel's choice all along. In fact, the official word didn't come across until Disney's Investor Day in early December, days after Steinfeld had been captured alongside Jeremy Renner in paparazzi photos from the New York-based set. According to Steinfeld, the 2020 quarantine made it much easier to keep the casting a secret in the lead-up to principal photography.

"I guess in a way, it was kind of a blessing in disguise that I didn't and couldn't be around a lot of people, cause that was a hard one to keep to myself," the actor told PEOPLE on the press tour for Apple's Dickinson. "I am so honored to be a part of this family that is the MCU."

Last year, Steinfeld said in an interview she's still trying to developing the role, calling her take on Bishop "badass."

"I’m just so excited. As I’m in the process of developing her, I’m working with some incredible filmmakers that are helping me bring her to life," she told Entertainment Tonight last year.

This involves a Disney/MCU actor so some people may miss this during their daily online searches to better the world :kidaround:

Why RIP Jeremy Renner Is Trending

RIP Jeremy Renner, or more specifically #RIPJeremyRenner, is taking off on Twitter today. If you think that means the Hawkeye actor has passed away, you would be understandably confused to learn that he is still alive according to all reports. So, why the hashtag proclaiming his death? It turns out it is part of a movement to get the actor removed from his status as a celebrity. In the common parlance of the times, it looks like a strong contingent of people want to cancel the actor.

The RIP Jeremy Renner movement seems to center around a large number of controversial elements in the actor’s past. One of the more focal points is that people want him held accountable for his actions having to do with his ex-wife, Sonni Pacheco. The two divorced back in 2014 after just ten months of marriage and the reasons cited were irreconcilable differences. However, Pacheco later alleged that Renner threatened to kill her. She also describes an incident where Renner put a gun in his mouth and threatened suicide in front of her but then fired the gun into the ceiling in an effort to frighten Pacheco.

The disturbing allegations don’t stop there. The RIP Jeremy Renner movement is also bringing up other incidents that Pacheco claims happened. Some include Renner being under the influence of cocaine and alcohol and biting his young daughter Ava. Ava said that her dad bit her when he was “being mean and yelling.” There is also at least one incident alleged by Pacheco that Renner left cocaine out on a bathroom counter that was easily reachable by their daughter.

These issues would be enough for a reasonable examination of the actor’s behavior, but the RIP Jeremy Renner movement is also concentrating on some of his actions during interviews over the years. He has used derogatory language against trans people, gleefully used an outdated term on The Graham Norton Show, used a racist slur against Black people during an interview, and even called Black Widow a slut during an interview for the second Avengers film.

These aren’t quite as horrific as the alleged behavior against his family, but it’s an unfavorable way to conduct yourself and is certainly not a good look for an actor who is attached to playing a superhero.

With all of this combined, will the RIP Jeremy Renner attempt actually see him being shunned from mainstream entertainment in the same way it happened to Gina Carano? It all depends on how the consensus swings and what cost studios think having him attached to their projects is worth. We know he is set to headline the upcoming Hawkeye series on Disney+. Could that be the last we see of him in the role after all this information continues to be brought up on social media? Or will he be able to skirt any repercussions since he isn’t actively antagonizing people on social media in the same way Carano was? No matter what happens, RIP Jeremy Renner does not mean that the actor is dead. But it does look like his career is the next one to possibly get the ax.

Edited by Bosco685

Renner is a train wreck. They should have done everyone a favor and killed Hawkeye instead of Widow in Endgame and we wouldn't have to deal with him anymore. 

Having said that, his attempt to start a music career is one of the funniest things of the last decade, possibly topped only by the story of the Jeremy Renner app fiasco. 

Marvel Studios and Disney+ just wrapped on their third series as Loki finished its season one run as their most popular Marvel show to date. With WandaVision and The Falcon and The Winter Soldier also doing well, fans are looking to the future and thinking about when we'll see some of the previously announced shows that are waiting in the wings. According to Marvel Studios Executive Vice President of Film Production, Victoria Alonso, we will see their next two offerings before the end of the year.

During a chat with "Variety", Alonso confirmed that both Hawkeye and Ms. Marvel would arrive on Disney+ before the end of 2021. Alonso didn't provide an exact date or time frame for their premieres but with the animated What If...? Marvel series debuting in August, that leaves us with about four months for the other two shows to make their arrival. 

Also kept under wraps is what show would be making its debut first. Hawkeye has already wrapped filming, which would make it the conventional choice to arrive first, but promotional material suggests that Ms. Marvel could be next on the list. Depending on the release pattern for What If...? and given it's an animated series, it could premiere with two episodes with one episode dropping per week after that. This would have the show ending its run around October 6, 2021. Promotional material hints at Ms. Marvel featuring a scene at Halloween so it's possible that the show debuts around that time as well. Ms. Marvel could have a six-week run that pushes it into November just as Eternals is launching its run in theaters. From there, we could get Hawkeye in December but this is merely my own speculation about how this could play out if Alonso is to be believed that these next two shows will actually premiere before the year is out.

Ever since the Charlie Cox-led Daredevil series was canceled at Netflix in 2018, there have been outcries among diehard viewers of the show for its cast to reprise their roles in the wider MCU. 

While there is still a fiery debate whether Marvel TV's many projects are considered canon to Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige's world, it seems fans will finally be getting their wish in some form sooner rather than later.

Charlie Cox is heavily rumored to suit up as Daredevil once again in this December's Spider-Man: No Way Home. But it seems he won't be the only Netflix star to reprise his role later this year as his ultimate nemesis may be making a shock comeback on Disney+.

On 7/23/2021 at 4:02 PM, Bosco685 said:

Have Kingpin show up and kill the OG Hawkeye - just break him. It would make Kingpin establish himself as a serious threat to other heroes, and give the other Hawkeye someone to avenge (while also getting rid of that POS Renner). Everybody wins.

On 9/13/2021 at 9:51 AM, fantastic_four said:

Definite meh/fine.  Right in line with the competent but not outstanding level of quality I've come to expect from the Disney Plus shows relative to the films.

Except this is also the first Disney+ show to truly feature a new MCU character and also feature a bonafide movie actress making her debut in the MCU, like Shang-Chi. The first three Disney+ shows were more like epilogues to Phase Three, kinda like Black Widow. I know the trailers can't always be an exact barometer of what the show will be but the bits I'm seeing look really good so far.

However, Lila Russo is starting to look more like her real dad and less like Clint Barton's daughter ie a little moer Italian. I guess we can assume she must take after Laura's side of the family.

Edited by @therealsilvermane