• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s HAWKEYE (TBD)
5 5

343 posts in this topic

The christmas setting alone will make sure it gets a view in this household.

Personally I wasn't overly fussed for a Hawkeye show but I have been looking forward to a story on a smaller scale than the other MCU stuff so will give it a watch.

Though the least interesting of the D+ offerings, its trailer works for me. If this is how they replace that Renner dud with Lady Hawkeye, I'm all in. Can't wait to see his death scene!   

Clint Barton (Jeremy Renner) just wants to be home for the holidays when he unwraps an Avengers-level threat in Hawkeye, the Marvel Studios original series that's more buddy-cop comedy and less Avengers: Endgame.

Taking place over a week in New York at Christmas time, months after half the population of the planet blipped back to life in Endgame, Hawkeye aims at telling a new Christmas story when the retired Avenger teams with future Avenger Kate Bishop (Hailee Steinfeld). Her powers: none, except expert archery and her ability to bring out a different side of frazzled family man Clint Barton. 

"[Endgame and Hawkeye executive producer Trinh Tran's] got her own strong opinions on things, but instinctively, she knows what feels right for the Marvel universe as well," Bertie, part of directing duo Bert and Bertie, told GamesRadar+. "As we've all been seeing with TV, it's a bit about breaking the mold at this point, so Trinh was never about sticking to the old plan or sticking religiously to a character's backstory."

Sounds like the MCU is trying to change things up so as not to be seen as following a formula. Good!

On 11/7/2021 at 4:15 AM, Bosco685 said:
Sounds like the MCU is trying to change things up so as not to be seen as following a formula. Good!

Idk. Wanda and Vision. Falcon and Winter Soldier. Loki and Sylvie. Seems like the buddy theme has already been a formula for the MCU shows.

On 11/8/2021 at 8:15 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Idk. Wanda and Vision. Falcon and Winter Soldier. Loki and Sylvie. Seems like the buddy theme has already been a formula for the MCU shows.

You could be right. But I am hopeful for now.

Though even with WHAT IF, the MCU couldn't help bringing all these stories together into a sub-franchise.