• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s HAWKEYE (TBD)
5 5

343 posts in this topic

On 11/26/2021 at 8:08 AM, Jaydogrules said:

It is.  And wandavision, while obviously well produced, was nearly unwatchable.  

The others I probably will never bother with due to a complete lack of interest. 

-J.

What If was worth a watch.

On 11/26/2021 at 1:07 PM, greggy said:

how the hell was Kate able to flag down a NYC cab immediately?

Now, that's fiction my friends and foes. 

xoxo

greggy

Dear greggy,

You must be standing at the wrong NYC street corner then. After 2 episodes, 'Hawkeye' is average family entertainment in time for X-mas, and not as good as Loki's world building so far.

On 11/26/2021 at 9:38 PM, drotto said:

These D+ shows are starting to feel very similar.  Just enough to keep you watching, but really doing very little to move the MCU forward.

I was so nonplussed with the first three when they were announced that I originally wasn't even going to watch them. A friend with decent taste recently recommended them highly, so I decided to give them a try.

I started with F/WS since the genre seemed the best fit for my tastes. It took me 2 1/2 episodes to warm up to it, but I enjoyed it from there on out. The films didn't do enough to justify Falcon's existence for me, let alone to justify Cap giving him the shield. The show fixed that for me, and I enjoyed what they did with Sharon too.

Loki was a great character in the films, but I felt like he was played out and didn't need to be seen again. I found the show fun, even if the end was a letdown, and it created interest in seeing more of the character going forward. 

Wanda didn't work at all for me in the films. I hadn't decided whether she was written poorly or horribly miscast, but I really didn't like anything about her. As such, I was very surprised at how much I enjoyed WV. It probably helped that I grew up watching Van Dyke and Bewitched, but it also showed that Lizzie can act. I look forward now to seeing what is done with her going forward, and I really enjoyed Agatha and Monica as well. I wonder too if we'll ever see a male fall in love with a $3 Billion AI machine in the MCU . . .

Hawkeye needs to pick up the pace if the plan is to develop Kate sufficiently to replace Clint, and I hope we see a lot of Yelena. I probably should have waited until all the episodes were available for binge-watching as I usually do with TV shows, but it's too late for that now.

On 11/27/2021 at 10:54 AM, Xenosmilus said:

This thread was created back in 2019 and only has 6 thread pages. That in itself is a window into how much people care about this series…

It just came out so give it to build up a tiny bit of steam.

But I don't see this thread blowing up like WandaVision. That show had such excitement to finally see Wanda in action, along with all the assumed links to other Marvel franchises and introductions of huge Big Bads that never came to be.

On 11/27/2021 at 10:54 AM, Xenosmilus said:

This thread was created back in 2019 and only has 6 thread pages. That in itself is a window into how much people care about this series…

I have heard a few people say the series they wanted was what Hawkeye did as Ronin, and this series would be him atoning for that.  Then weave Kate into the series a bit later leading into a season two where the torch is passed. 

On 11/27/2021 at 11:14 AM, Xenosmilus said:

True but in most other cases there is always speculation and fan theories abound!

Very true. The chatter with this show has been low-key rumors without the big, explosive 'RUN AND GET YOUR COPY OF XXXXXX WITH THE 1ST APPEARANCE OF XXXXXX'.

By now, you already know the studio's fandom feverishly dissects every single project released by the outfit and now the production house is in the business of weekly event television, the discourse has only gotten larger. It's how we've gotten things like all the Mephisto theories and most recently, it's how we've gotten a rumor that Kingpin—played by Vincent D'Onofrio, nonetheless—will be appearing at some point within Hawkeye.

While the actor didn't flat-out deny he's in the series over the weekend, he did point out one photo that's circulating on Twitter is a poor photoshop of himself. Responding to a fan that asked him if he was the one in the picture—one manipulated to try looking as close to a comic-accurate version as possible—D'Onofrio said the photoshop was "a really bad job."

On 11/26/2021 at 4:07 PM, greggy said:

The one pressing question is how the hell was Kate able to flag down a NYC cab immediately?

Now, that's fiction my friends and foes. 

xoxo

greggy

You've been standing on the wrong corners and your hair is not long enough;) :foryou: