• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hope jupiters legacy gets hot

83 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, SuperBird said:

No, but I shouldn't have to have read the source material to enjoy a TV/Movie. 

No, but it would give you perspective if you wanted to watch it. Basing 8 hours of content off a 3 minute trailer could be considered short sighted by some.

1 hour ago, ygogolak said:

No, but it would give you perspective if you wanted to watch it. Basing 8 hours of content off a 3 minute trailer could be considered short sighted by some.

I'll read the reviews as well before I choose to watch or not. But the entire point of a trailer is to convince people to watch something. If they cannot cut a 2-minute trailer that looks good - using all the best parts of the series- then odds are that the show/movie is bad as well. 

1 hour ago, SuperBird said:

I'll read the reviews as well before I choose to watch or not. But the entire point of a trailer is to convince people to watch something. If they cannot cut a 2-minute trailer that looks good - using all the best parts of the series- then odds are that the show/movie is bad as well. 

I guess, I don't base much on a trailer besides "looks cool" or "doesn't look cool".  If they can put all of the good parts in a 3 minute trailer for 8 hours of content, I would agree with you. But I wouldn't know until I watched it.

4 hours ago, BishopT said:

Regular #1s have hit $30 raw, so we’re pretty much here. The variants seem to lag in prosperity, but A cover is a pretty good increase.

Yes that full box I have been buying for a year for nothing is going to really pay off. 
By far the Forbidden Planet is the toughest, but Ive sold several sets people want to read
and once they do they will become fans its fantastic.

5 hours ago, cujobyte said:

Is it too late to get these graded you guys think? Am i better off selling raw? Thanks

Likely will be 2-3 seasons. You may miss the craze this year, but if it's successful, it'll pay off next season. The next story arc is released a month after the TV show so that'll hopefully keep its momentum.

Blasted by the critics.  33 or so percent rotten tomatoes.  It will be tough for Netflix to renew for a season 2.  Of course, the early viewers would have been fans anticipating this and were probably more disappointed than some casual viewer.  but word of mouth is bad.  i think people are just trying to salvage some money by lifting prices lately.  I doubt there are buyers lined up.

I watched 3 episodes today so far. Its going to be slow burn they are building the story slowly.
I am unsure if this was the way to go or not. But they turning point will be when they get to 
the main story point and the change in the series. 

That being said I have had no issue selling them currently. I think I have sold 5 sets and several
Sketch, Midtown, and 2nd prints. Doesn't mean it will continue, but even if its stops today I am well ahead.

26 minutes ago, richdudek said:

Blasted by the critics.  33 or so percent rotten tomatoes.  It will be tough for Netflix to renew for a season 2.  Of course, the early viewers would have been fans anticipating this and were probably more disappointed than some casual viewer.  but word of mouth is bad.  i think people are just trying to salvage some money by lifting prices lately.  I doubt there are buyers lined up.

This is the big gamble when you wait for the show to drop vs selling at the announcement or trailer - what if it stinks? I have faith that fans will enjoy most of the MCU stuff even if it isn't critically lauded and I am hoping the HBO half of the HBO Max side starts to lift some of DC's projects but we'll see. Netflix is way more hit and miss with their original stuff so waiting on their drops is a huge gamble IMO. Moreso than Amazon Prime too I think

1 hour ago, richdudek said:

I've watched the first 6 episodes or so. It's ok but pretty cheesy. The makeup to make the main characters look older is very noticeable. The special effects are CW-level. And it's going down a very worn comic storytelling path even in the comic shows and movies coming out ('we don't kill, ever!!' 'but we're hip and young and need to get with the times!'). I'll watch the rest but I certainly wouldn't be surprised if they don't re-new it.

1 hour ago, BoogieWoogie said:

This is the big gamble when you wait for the show to drop vs selling at the announcement or trailer - what if it stinks? I have faith that fans will enjoy most of the MCU stuff even if it isn't critically lauded and I am hoping the HBO half of the HBO Max side starts to lift some of DC's projects but we'll see. Netflix is way more hit and miss with their original stuff so waiting on their drops is a huge gamble IMO. Moreso than Amazon Prime too I think

it is interesting to see the huge lots for sale on ebay.  250 lot of regular cover, etc... There really wasn't much of a run up at announcement or trailer, maybe when Millarworld was sold tho.  not much of gamble holding as the books never took flight.  or rather not much of a flight.