• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hope jupiters legacy gets hot

83 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, richdudek said:

it is interesting to see the huge lots for sale on ebay.  250 lot of regular cover, etc... There really wasn't much of a run up at announcement or trailer, maybe when Millarworld was sold tho.  not much of gamble holding as the books never took flight.  or rather not much of a flight. 

I mentioned this is in the MHU thread, but I don’t recall any of his books getting really hot in the last 10 years. Multiple movies never moved the needle for Secret Service, IIRC. 

What will also help the momentum is the next comic arc coming in a month or so. Even after the show winds down, people will still see the name in the comic shops for the next year.

17 hours ago, bb8 said:

I've watched the first 6 episodes or so. It's ok but pretty cheesy. The makeup to make the main characters look older is very noticeable. The special effects are CW-level. And it's going down a very worn comic storytelling path even in the comic shows and movies coming out ('we don't kill, ever!!' 'but we're hip and young and need to get with the times!'). I'll watch the rest but I certainly wouldn't be surprised if they don't re-new it.

I watched the first episode and it looks cheesy as hell.  I have seen better special effects on fan made YouTube videos.  I think they should be embarrassed for putting this out. The story is a slow burn but okay. 

4 hours ago, carter3175 said:
21 hours ago, bb8 said:

I've watched the first 6 episodes or so. It's ok but pretty cheesy. The makeup to make the main characters look older is very noticeable. The special effects are CW-level. And it's going down a very worn comic storytelling path even in the comic shows and movies coming out ('we don't kill, ever!!' 'but we're hip and young and need to get with the times!'). I'll watch the rest but I certainly wouldn't be surprised if they don't re-new it.

I watched the first episode and it looks cheesy as hell.  I have seen better special effects on fan made YouTube videos.  I think they should be embarrassed for putting this out. The story is a slow burn but okay. 

I finished it. I liked it ok but just because it's the type of show I like: 'mature' super-hero genre. It certainly wasn't good. The season ended on a huge cliffhanger. Honestly, I wouldn't even care if they never pick it back up because it was so mediocre.

It certainly wasnt up to MCU level, but I think it definitely has potential. I can see them fixing a lot of the problems in the second season. Having your showrunner leave mid show I'm sure also didn't help at all.

Edited by Tnexus

Just finished episode 1 and enjoyed it. Was it perfect ? No but I’m not looking for flaws. Watched it with my wife and one of my sons and they liked it too. 

All of these years later, still love the comic series. One of the greatest twist of all time IMO. Not hoping for perfection with the series, just a good telling of the original. Looking forward to episode 2 tomorrow 😊

I was really not wild on Josh Duhamel... he's up there with Timothy Olyphant as a guy they always try to make a thing and cast in these roles, but never really fits...

For some reason Millar is poison for speculation. That may change, but if it hasn't by now I doubt it will when he finally makes his little American Jesus movie.

4 hours ago, TheGreenGhost said:

I was really not wild on Josh Duhamel... he's up there with Timothy Olyphant as a guy they always try to make a thing and cast in these roles, but never really fits...

For some reason Millar is poison for speculation. That may change, but if it hasn't by now I doubt it will when he finally makes his little American Jesus movie.

I don't have any problem selling his books. I sold another set of JL  last night. 

Sold 2 Sketch Variants, 2 Midtown Variants 1 Forbidden Planet and I think
4 Sets in the last 3 weeks or so. 

I recently got out of the hobby so I'm not aware what the current market is.  I found a long box full of Image #1's that I forgot about. I have a bunch of Jupiter Legacy #1's that I purchased off the shelf. Most are the regular cover (A) All are 9.6/9.8 contenders. Does anyone know what I could get for them?

On 6/2/2021 at 9:03 PM, BoogieWoogie said:

https://twitter.com/stevendeknight/status/1400215946489319424

Jupiter's Legacy was canceled today. Netflix is working on an adaption of Millar's Supercrooks...

How many shots will Netflix give this if Supercrooks isn't an instant hit? Does the Millarverse hinge on that show? How committed is Netflix to this?

Good question. He was paid alot of money. I would be interested to see if it was the director or Millar that decided the show should go that route.

I finally finished the series yesterday and it was pretty bad.  I'm just pissed I stopped watching Sweet Tooth to finish the last episode.

1 hour ago, 1Cool said:

I finally finished the series yesterday and it was pretty bad.  I'm just pissed I stopped watching Sweet Tooth to finish the last episode.

I didn’t mind Jupiter.  I just started Sweet Tooth.  2 episodes in.  It’s ok thus far....