• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+ LOKI (2021)
12 12

794 posts in this topic

LOKI: Speculation Mounts That Classic Thor Villain Enchantress Will Appear In The Disney+ Series

172805.jpg

Loki will soon begin production and a new casting notice has got everyone talking today. Marvel Studios is reportedly looking for a couple of stand-ins for the Disney+ TV series, one of whom is an African American female between 5'7" and 5'9" and a Caucasian female between 5'6" and 5'8" with blonde hair

These characters must have key roles if Marvel wants to find stand-ins for them, and MCU Cosmic is pretty convinced that the blonde could end up being classic Marvel Comics villain Enchantress. 

Now does seem like a good time for her to finally appear in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, especially as she's one of only a handful of major Thor supporting players who have yet to show up in live-action. This could also set the stage for Enchantress to play a role in Taika Waititi's Thor: Love and Thunder.

It's been rumoured that Loki will see the God of Mischief causing chaos throughout history, so don't be surprised if he ends up meeting up with not only Enchantress but a host of other familiar faces too.

Loki Casts Owen Wilson in Major Role For Disney Plus Series

loki-disney-plus-owen-wilson-casting-mar

The Marvel Cinematic Universe’s family is looking to add a well known actor with its upcoming Disney+ series Loki. Loki has added Owen Wilson to the cast in a major role, ComicBook.com has learned, although the character which Wilson will be playing is being kept under wraps. Loki returns Tom Hiddleston to the titular character, a role which he debuted in for 2011’s Thor movie. He has since gone on to play the part in Marvel's The Avengers, Thor: The Dark World, Thor: Ragnarok, Avengers: Infinity War, and Avengers: Endgame. The addition of Wilson might indicate a comedic tone for the series, something Hiddleston is no stranger to after working with Taika Waititi on Ragnarok.

Wilson is best known for roles in titles such as The Royal Tenenbaums, Wedding Crashers, and Bottle Rocket. More recently than those, the often comedic actor proved his dramatic chops in the action-thriller No Escape. This will be Wilson’s first time working with Marvel Studios.

As was previously revealed by Marvel’s chief creative officer Kevin Feige, appearing in a Disney+ series also makes cast members eligible to appear in future films or other shows, which makes all casting and new character news that much more exciting for the Marvel Cinematic Universe. More specifically, Feige revealed that the Loki series will directly connect to upcoming Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness movie.

The Loki series will follow the version Hiddleston’s character who escaped New York City in the MCU’s 2012 during a scene in Avengers: Endgame. The original version of the character went on to die in Avengers: Infinity War at the hand of Josh Brolin’s Thanos.

Loki series to introduce Sera, the first transgender in the MCU

According to a report by a leading daily, Marvel is planning to introduce the comics character, Sera in the first season of Loki. It would make her the first transgender character to appear in the MCU in a pivotal role. 

2 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

lol

It certainly did.

For me, Hiddleston is as synonymous with Loki as RDJ is to Stark. It wasn't gonna take much to hook me. I didn't think it would take 1 line, though. lol

I was already semi-interested in this as I don't think it was announced to be a sort of 'prerequisite' to an MCU film. If I'm going to watch the Disney+ shows, I want them to be stand-alone-ish. I would want to be able to enjoy them in a vacuum. The other shows are, in my guess, going to end on cliffhangers. I could be wrong, but that's simply what it seems like.

Jaimie Alexander might have just hinted at a return as Lady Sif in Tom Hiddleston’s Loki series coming to Disney Plus.

A brief first look at Tom Hiddleston’s Loki debuted during the Marvel Studios-Disney Plus TV spot during the Super Bowl last week. With production underway on the Disney Plus series, not much is known about Loki other than Tom Hiddleston’s God of Mischief messing with time and Owen Wilson potentially starring in the series.

Jaimie Alexander was last seen as Lady Sif in Thor: The Dark World. However, Jaime Alexander also made an appearance as Lady Sif in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. on ABC. There have been some rumors that Jaimie Alexander’s Lady Sif could be getting her own Disney Plus series, but she could also be appearing in Tom Hiddleston’s Loki. During a recent Instagram Live Q&A, Jaimie Alexander responded to a question from a fan about possibly riding a horse and wielding a sword again:

“Yes, once upon a time I was able to do that and I might have to do that again in the future so hopefully I haven’t lost that gift.”

Jaimie Alexander also teased a secret project she is working on next:

“What am I working on now? I do wish I could tell you, but I would probably cease to exist, don’t you think, if I actually told what I have coming up, so I can’t tell you guys but thanks for asking anyway!”

:wishluck:

Edited by Bosco685

19 hours ago, IkewithMike said:

When Loki stole the tesseract in Endgame, did that explain how he had it in infinity war? Or is that what the show will be based on?

Loki escaping with the Tesseract, in Endgame, created a new branch in the multiverse.

He took the Tesseract from Odin's vault in Ragnarok. That's how he had it to begin Infinity War.

1 hour ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Loki escaping with the Tesseract, in Endgame, created a new branch in the multiverse.

He took the Tesseract from Odin's vault in Ragnarok. That's how he had it to begin Infinity War.

I've watched both those movies, but in my defense, all I really saw in Ragnarok was Cate Blanchett being about as sexy as any woman I have ever seen. She dropped my jaw in that movie