• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+ LOKI (2021)
12 12

794 posts in this topic

Just now, IkewithMike said:

I've watched both those movies, but in my defense, all I really saw in Ragnarok was Cate Blanchett being about as sexy as any woman I have ever seen. She dropped my jaw in that movie

100%. Even then - she was more than just eye candy. She portrayed the role really well.

I would've been more loyal than Urban's Executioner had I been in his position...

According to a new report, the upcoming Loki Disney+ streaming series, will introduce Kang the Conqueror to the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

With every day that passes, it seems that there is more and more news for Marvel Studios’ upcoming additions to the Disney+ streaming service. This time around it comes in the form of a villain rumor for Loki. The newest rumor circulating by scooper Daniel Richtman is that Loki will introduce Kang the Conqueror in some way, shape, or form.

Loki will follow the version of Loki from Avengers: Endgame, as he hops throughout time with the tesseract, which was obtained after a botched heist by the Avengers. This 2012 version of Loki can certainly be considered a super-villain. Due to Loki’s meddlesome manner, one can assume that the timeline will be in danger throughout the course of the series.

This is where the Time Variance Authority and possibly Kang the Conqueror might come into play. Based on the trailer on Super Bowl Sunday, it seems that the Time Variance Authority is already confirmed after the “TVA” is seen on what looks like Loki’s prison jumpsuit. The next step that would make sense is to introduce Kang, since he was once a member of the organization in the comics.

Loki Reportedly on Track for 2021 Disney+ Release

LOKI is reportedly on track for a 2021 Disney+ release according to the most recent reports. Many fans began to worry when production on multiple projects ground to a halt in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic. Now, The Hollywood Reporter is saying that the series will still debut in 2021 as things are right now. Obviously, as the last few months have shown us, that could change literally any day, but Marvel has reason to celebrate. WandaVision also looks like it will be early 2021 and The Falcon and the Winter Soldier could still make 2020. But, all of that is up in the air. Various companies are scrambling to make sure their ducks are in a row to film overseas. With spiking cases in the United States, it is hard to say when things will get back to normal.

"Thanks to the 'Best Practices' for set safety released by the state, in addition to the guidelines provided by the national guilds and unions, we look forward to helping thousands of crew members and support service personnel get back to work safely," Atlanta’s film commissioner, Lee Thomas said previously. "It will help Georgia maintain its position as one of the busiest production locales worldwide."

Comicbook.com’s Spencer Perry discussed this very conundrum this year:

“Due to the extended hiatus in production on all these shows though one major question remains once they can get restarted, when will they premiere? Tenative release schedules for most of Marvel's Disney+ shows were previously announced with no official word on if they'll be delayed or not. The Falcon and the Winter Soldier had previously been set to arrive in August of this year, landing between theatrical releases Black Widow and The Eternals. With those films now delayed until November of this year and February of next year respectively it's unclear if the TV spin-off will follow suit. Loki had been bookmarked to arrive in the early part of 2021, but a shift could still happen.”

Early this year, stuntwoman Kelly Bellini was listed on IMDb as actress Sasha Lane’s stunt double for episode 2 of the Loki series. Unfortunately, IMDb is sometimes not the most reliable source of information, and Sasha had not actually been confirmed as being in the show as of many months later. Now a new interview with Sasha Lane with GoldenGlobes.com about her other series Utopia, has seemingly confirmed the IMDb listing.

LANE MADE HER FILM DEBUT IN THE AWARD-WINNING MOVIE, AMERICAN HONEY (2016), STARRING OPPOSITE SHIA LABEOUF AND RILEY KEOUGH, AFTER BEING SPOTTED ON A MIAMI BEACH BY THE FILM’S DIRECTOR, ANDREA ARNOLD. SHE FOLLOWED UP WITH ROLES IN HEARTS BEAT LOUD, OPPOSITE NICK OFFERMAN, AND THE MISEDUCATION OF CAMERON POST, HELLBOY, AND WILL NEXT APPEAR IN THE SUPERHERO SERIES, LOKI, STARRING TOM HIDDLESTON. 

When asked about her interest in comic books, Lane had this to say:

TO BE HONEST, IT’S NEVER REALLY SPARKED ME. I FOUND A COUPLE OF GRAPHIC NOVELS THAT WERE TRUE CRIME MURDER MYSTERIES AND THAT WAS KIND OF COOL, BUT I’VE NEVER REALLY HAD THAT KIND OF INTEREST IN THEM, THOUGH THIS ONE IS OBVIOUSLY GOOD (LAUGHS).

While there has been a few articles previously speculating Lane was in the Loki series, largely coming from that IMDb listing, it hadn’t really been confirmed. Assuming the “this one” she mentioned being good is Loki, it looks like we have our confirmation now.

Actress Jaimie Alexander hasn't been played Lady Sif in the Marvel Cinematic Universe since Thor: The Dark World; while her character played a major role in the war against Malekith and the Dark Elves, the star has since been occupied by her NBC action series Blindspot. Though she didn't appear in Thor: Ragnarok, the subsequent Avengers movies, nor is she slated to appear in Thor: Love and Thunder, fans are eager to see Alexander reprise her role as Lady Sif. But a new photo on the actress' Instagram page has fans excited over the possibility for an impending return in Marvel Studios' Loki series coming to Disney+.

Alexander's casting has not yet been confirmed, and Loki still has weeks of filming on the first season before principal photography wraps. But this new image has fans speculating that she'll appear in the Disney+ show.

sif01.thumb.JPG.41c287f73040945d8c6a82dd30532c93.JPG

Some fans might be aware of the fact that Loki is currently filming in Atlanta. Cameras continued rolling after a substantial production delay due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic; these new COVID-19 protocols derailed work on the series when the outbreak first interrupted filming in the United States earlier in March.

While Alexander has yet to reprise her role as Lady Sif (despite rumors of getting her own TV show) after playing major roles in the first two Thor films, fans are still eager to find out what happened to her.

Marvel's Loki series premiere date has been revealed by Disney: Loki's will premiere on Disney+ on June 11th. The release date reveal came with a batch of new Disney+ programming reveals during the 2021 Winter TCA. Loki's June 11th arrival leaves something of a gap in time for Marvel Studios' big 2021 releases: WandaVision is now wrapping up; The Falcon and The Winter Soldier will run from mid-March through mid-April; Black Widow is still currently slated to hit theaters in May, and then we'll get Loki in June. It's a bit removed from Loki's original release date in January, but hey, now we at least know when it's arriving.

The events of Loki have become increasingly intriguing, as WandaVision reveals more of its mysteries, and sets up big new developments for Phase 4 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Wanda Maximoff has been revealed as capable of even more incredible power than anyone ever imagined - including the power to re-arrange reality itself. No matter what the ultimate resolution to the events of the series, it seems Wanda's world-distorting actions will have far-reaching rippling effects, including affecting what happens in Loki.

Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige already hinted about the connections, when he revealed that Loki will help set up Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness - a film that will be directly connected to WandaVision. Feige revealed the Doctor Strange 2 and connection to Bloomberg, saying, “I’m not sure we’ve actually acknowledged that before. But it does [connect].”

The trailers for this have been disappointing, IMO, but I think that this show has the best chance to impress.

I am still not satisfied that he's been brought back via Endgame's branch reality. He had a meaningful death for both his character's sake and the great theme of 'sacrifice/conviction' in Infinity War.