• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TOMB RAIDER 2 starring Alicia Vikander (TBD)
1 1

21 posts in this topic

Get ready for another Tomb Raider with Alicia Vikander. MGM and Warner Bros have hired Amy Jump to write the -script for the sequel. Sources said Vikander liked what she was in Jump’s scripting.

She is best known for her collaborations with director and partner Ben Wheatley, who co-wrote several of them. That includes Free Fire, the action drama that starred Brie Larson, Cillian Murphy and Armie Hammer. Her other credits include the Wheatley-directed Kill List, A Field In England, Sightseers, and High-Rise. The films are cult favorites in the UK. She broadens the pool of female action writers, who are now in high demand. Geneva Robertson-Dworet and Alastair Siddons wrote the first installment. Warner Bros released the first film.

They really need to develop a much stronger story. That first film was soooooooo predictable and templated. At least this is a new writer.

In a conversation with EW, Vikander spoke about her hopes for Tomb Raider 2 and shared her excitement about the chance to work with Green, whom Vikander describes as “an extremely talented woman” who “has done some incredible work.” Read her comments below:

"I hope we go and make another movie. Because of the pandemic, we had plans of shooting this film, and now it's been one and a half years, but Misha Green is on board, and she's writing a draft right now."

"It's pretty amazing — we're, like, the same age! I was like, 'Oh, I'm just now on a Zoom with an extremely talented woman that I think has done some incredible work.' It would be so amazing if we get to go and do this very big- film together, going to kick some in front of the camera and behind the camera, you know?"

Tomb Raider 2 was originally announced back in September 2019 and was set to be directed by Free Fire’s Ben Wheatley. Plans, of course, changed: Lovecraft Country’s Misha Green was brought in to helm the sequel after Wheatley departed the project, and the initial March 2021 release date was shelved.

Speaking to Total Film for its new issue, Lara Croft actor Alicia Vikander has opened up on how things are going with the sequel – which currently has the working title Obsidian – and what it’s been like working alongside Green.

"When the studio first said they were interested in a sequel, I got really excited," says Vikander. "When Misha was mentioned to me and I saw the work on Lovecraft Country, I was extremely impressed."

From there, discussions were had, and a connection was made: "It’s so much fun on the Zooms I’ve had with Misha to finally sit with another woman my own age," Vikander recalls. "I get to talk about big action set pieces and stunts that we want to make. I’m hoping that we get on track and get to do something together."

On 1/19/2022 at 1:52 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I disagree.

Alright, looks like I'll give it a watch at some stage. Sorry Capra, your opinion doesn't count until you like Moon Knight's costume. :devil:

On 1/18/2022 at 10:55 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

YARN | You may regret that. | Avengers: Infinity War (2018) | Video gifs by  quotes | ff8b5c92 | 紗

It may not be '6X at the theater to see a somewhat okay comic book movie' good.

But it was a good kickoff to what may be a short run of movies and streaming content (accounting for the pending Netflix animated show).

On 1/18/2022 at 11:50 AM, Bosco685 said:

It may not be '6X at the theater to see a somewhat okay comic book movie' good.

But it was a good kickoff to what may be a short run of movies and streaming content (accounting for the pending Netflix animated show).

Infinity War and Endgame are better than "okay".

It was entirely forgettable for me. As in; I have literally forgotten most of the movie. lol

On 1/18/2022 at 11:55 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Infinity War and Endgame are better than "okay".

It was entirely forgettable for me. As in; I have literally forgotten most of the movie. lol

Infinity War was great. Endgame was appeasement to wrap up the Infinity Saga, with plot holes that even the directors and writers were not aligned on.

Meanwhile, Tomb Raider was good. Not great. It was the start of a thing, and delivered on this since a sequel is on the way and a Netflix animated series is in the works.

On 1/18/2022 at 12:04 PM, Bosco685 said:

Endgame was appeasement to wrap up the Infinity Saga, with plot holes that even the directors and writers were not aligned on.

Meanwhile, Tomb Raider was good. Not great. It was the start of a thing, and delivered on this since a sequel is on the way and a Netflix animated series is in the works.

Still good+.

For you, sure. For me, no dice. I can't recommend a movie that is so easily forgettable, and I didn't even watch it drunk or high. I wasn't sold on the lead actress, unlike Angelina Jolie when I was younger.

On 1/18/2022 at 12:08 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Still good+.

For you, sure. For me, no dice. I can't recommend a movie that is so easily forgettable, and I didn't even watch it drunk or high. I wasn't sold on the lead actress, unlike Angelina Jolie when I was younger.

Okay