• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's BLADE starring Mahershala Ali (2022?)
1 1

163 posts in this topic

On 10/5/2021 at 10:48 AM, kimik said:

Is "The Marvels" the second Captain Marvel movie, or something new?

It's a sequel to Captain Marvel, but Marvel Studios recognized that Brie Larson cannot carry a film with her character, so it's a team-up film with Ms. Marvel and Photon.

On 10/5/2021 at 8:53 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

It's a sequel to Captain Marvel, but Marvel Studios recognized that Brie Larson cannot carry a film with her character, so it's a team-up film with Ms. Marvel and Photon.

What is Photon?

On 10/5/2021 at 9:04 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Monica Rambeau's new hero character from WandaVision. She can change her eye color and do superhero landings if thrown by another person.

I have not watched WandaVision yet. Is it decent? 

On 10/5/2021 at 11:08 AM, kimik said:

I have not watched WandaVision yet. Is it decent? 

If you're interested in the MCU going forward, then I would suggest watching it. It kinda leads into the Doctor Strange sequel.

I personally think that it's quite boring at the beginning and the end. Episodes 5-7 were the best ones IMO.

Edit: You could end up liking it a lot. Don't take my word for it unless you know my taste in movies and yours happens to be identical.

Edited by theCapraAegagrus

On 10/5/2021 at 9:13 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

If you're interested in the MCU going forward, then I would suggest watching it. It kinda leads into the Doctor Strange sequel.

I personally think that it's quite boring at the beginning and the end. Episodes 5-7 were the best ones IMO.

Edit: You could end up liking it a lot. Don't take my word for it unless you know my taste in movies and yours happens to be identical.

Fair enough. That is the show responsible for my dead cold Marvel Spotlight 4s turning into gold due to a Darkhold reference, right?

On 10/5/2021 at 5:08 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

This is weird. Site says that I have not commented on this thread (no star next to it on the sub-forum page), but I have a comment at the top of this page. hm

No you don’t.

Delroy Lindo, currently shooting up bad guys in The Harder They Fall, is in final negotiations to join Mahershala Ali in Marvel Studios’ Blade.

Bassam Tariq, known for directing the rap drama Mogul Mowgli, is in the director’s chair for the vampire-centric adventure thriller with Stacy Osei-Kuffour, who worked on HBO’s acclaimed Watchmen series, behind the keyboard on -script duties.

Created as a supporting character by Marv Wolfman and Gene Colan, Blade first appeared in Tomb of Dracula No. 10 in 1973, becoming a cult favorite. He is a human-vampire hybrid thanks to his mother being bitten and killed by a blood-sucker during childbirth. On top of comic aficionados, Blade has built up a generation of fans who grew up on watching the Blade trilogy that starred Wesley Snipes from 1998-2004.

Colbert liked that deep existential artist's dread well enough, but he also need to know the real paydirt: just how "swole" will Mahershala Ali have to get to play Blade? 

"Yeah, I gotta get swole and jacked," Ali confirmed with a smirk. He then confirmed with a nod and a "Yep," that Marvel Studios already has him on a fitness regiment, but dodged question of any details by joking he's doing the routine that gives Colbert his figure.

@TupennyConan

"Yeah, I gotta get swole and jacked" :manhero: