• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's BLADE starring Mahershala Ali (2022?)
1 1

161 posts in this topic

Marvel Studios' Blade reboot, starring Mahershala Ali, is set to begin filming soon and the cast has already rounded itself out with the likes of Delroy Lindo and Aaron Pierre. The film is rumored to begin filming before the end of the year so you'd think we here more news from the film and you'd be right. We now know exactly who will do the cinematography for the film. According to Next Best Pictures' writer Will Mavity, Narcos: Mexico cinematographer Damian Garcia will shoot the film alongside director Bassam Tariq.

Blade will be the first film to premiere out of Marvel Studios Phase Five film slate of projects. Not much is currently known about the Blade reboot, but Stacy Osei-Kuffor has been tapped to pen the -script for the film. The Daywalker made his Marvel Cinematic Universe Debut during The Eternals post-credits scene that starred Kit Harington. The film will star Ali, Lindo, Pierre and is rumored to bring back Harington as Dane Whitman.

Well no matter how it turns out, at least they nailed the casting. Ali is the perfect choice. I’m praying they don’t screw this up. I doubt they will go R so I hope they at least push the limits of the PG-13 rating. Can’t wait for that first trailer.

On 9/28/2022 at 6:31 AM, Bosco685 said:

I wonder if part of the MCU shift comes down to it is releasing too much content which is stretching the Marvel Studios command and control way too thin?

More is not always better in such production scenarios. Quality over quantity.

I've been saying this for awhile, now. Feige is trusting his creative teams to handle more responsibility, and they're failing to deliver.

Extremely disappointing that new acquisitions and projects - such as Blade - are suffering from this experiment.