• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s STAR WARS: THE ACOLYTE (2023?)
7 7

553 posts in this topic

Worse show I have ever seen. The online reviews are good for a laugh as they dissect all the nonsense in this show. There is no well this is good, it’s okay, no it’s this terrible, horrible, ruined the franchise, etc, etc. And this was suppose to be the best episode so far? The Farce is strong in this one. 

On 6/12/2024 at 7:29 AM, 1Cool said:

I just finished Ep 1 & 2 and I enjoyed them.  The fight scenes were well done and I didn't feel bored in either episode.  It has a ways to go before I would consider it great but I'm enjoying it so far.

You liked these? OMG. I would have lost 500k on a bet. 

This might be the most surprising post I have ever seen from you lol

Edited by NewWorldOrder

On 6/12/2024 at 12:16 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

You liked these? OMG. I would have lost 500k on a bet. 

This might be the most surprising post I have ever seen from you lol

Wow - after everything I’ve said over the years this is the most surprising?  I thought it was a fun watch which didn’t put me to sleep like trying to watch the new Hit Man movie.  Not great but I’d give it a C+ for being entertaining.

On 6/12/2024 at 9:41 AM, 1Cool said:

Wow - after everything I’ve said over the years this is the most surprising?  I thought it was a fun watch which didn’t put me to sleep like trying to watch the new Hit Man movie.  Not great but I’d give it a C+ for being entertaining.

I have gotten the best sleep from watching this show.  After the episode last night I replayed to fall asleep. lol

On 6/12/2024 at 12:43 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

I have gotten the best sleep from watching this show.  After the episode last night I replayed to fall asleep. lol

I should be able to watch the 3rd episode tonight which will be a good test since I’m sleepy today.

On 6/12/2024 at 9:44 AM, 1Cool said:

I should be able to watch the 3rd episode tonight which will be a good test since I’m sleepy today.

My wife watched it with me last night, and she said after E3 she cant watch this show anymore going forward. lol

On 6/12/2024 at 11:44 AM, 1Cool said:

Third started a little slow but picked up midway and really stuck the landing.

Looking forward to hear how a reasonable, objective viewer liked or disliked it.

On 6/12/2024 at 10:16 AM, I like pie said:

Third started a little slow but picked up midway and really stuck the landing.

Looking forward to hear how a reasonable, objective viewer liked or disliked it.

Stuck the landing? :screwy:

What a reasonable person cant literally look at this show and see how bad it is?

How can anyone with a reasonable sense of intelligence and eyes not see how bad the acting, story, and costumes are?

I have given you reasonable reasons why this show sucks.

You have given us zero examples of why this show is good. :news:

If you think for example the fighting choreography is good, well lets compare shall we? 

Carrie-Anne Moss (Indara) in The Acolyte

Carrie-Anne Moss (Trinity) in the Matrix

Do you actually think the opening scene was great fighting choreography in the Acolyte? Then you must watch her in the Matrix and feint from over enjoyment lol

Not to mention in the previous other SW Disney+ series episodes where characters have lightsabers go though them, and do not die.  However, Carrie-Anne Moss (Indara) gets a small knife thrown at her and she dies. :691460725_armsraised:

Edited by NewWorldOrder

Just saw this pointed out on Reddit. I missed them during my first watch, and they appear to disappear or not seen when the Jedi arrive. Looking forward to see other points of view of those involved during this night. 

Spoiler

IMG_8377.thumb.jpeg.95142aba498beb7e28993d153a1acc6a.jpegIMG_8378.thumb.jpeg.e8d5870e4a93966a7da267a380beafb9.jpegIMG_8379.thumb.jpeg.3dd250431b55c8912d0bed68cf140614.jpeg

On 6/12/2024 at 10:39 AM, awakeintheashes said:

Just saw this pointed out on Reddit. I missed them during my first watch, and they appear to disappear or not seen when the Jedi arrive. Looking forward to see other points of view of those involved during this night. 

Hide contents

IMG_8377.thumb.jpeg.95142aba498beb7e28993d153a1acc6a.jpegIMG_8378.thumb.jpeg.e8d5870e4a93966a7da267a380beafb9.jpegIMG_8379.thumb.jpeg.3dd250431b55c8912d0bed68cf140614.jpeg

Soon Disney will make this show disappear from the streaming platform like they did with Willow! lol

On 6/12/2024 at 12:47 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

My wife watched it with me last night, and she said after E3 she cant watch this show anymore going forward. lol

My wife and watched it too. But my wife fell asleep 10 mins into it. (shrug)

Just finished episode 3 and it continues to be entertaining but only since it’s continuing the storyline and answering the backstory.  Not my favorite of the 3 but I’d still rate it a C since I stayed awake and never felt an urge to turn it off.  I’ll keep watching but I’d love for it to pick up the pace have some cool light saber battles. 

On 6/12/2024 at 12:38 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

Stuck the landing? :screwy:

What a reasonable person cant literally look at this show and see how bad it is?

How can anyone with a reasonable sense of intelligence and eyes not see how bad the acting, story, and costumes are?

I have given you reasonable reasons why this show sucks.

You have given us zero examples of why this show is good. :news:

If you think for example the fighting choreography is good, well lets compare shall we? 

Carrie-Anne Moss (Indara) in The Acolyte

Carrie-Anne Moss (Trinity) in the Matrix

Do you actually think the opening scene was great fighting choreography in the Acolyte? Then you must watch her in the Matrix and feint from over enjoyment lol

Not to mention in the previous other SW Disney+ series episodes where characters have lightsabers go though them, and do not die.  However, Carrie-Anne Moss (Indara) gets a small knife thrown at her and she dies. :691460725_armsraised:

Help me help you:

Healing

:cheers:

On 6/12/2024 at 3:05 PM, I like pie said:

Help me help you:

Healing

:cheers:

The healing will begin once Bob Igor and Kathleen Kennedy are both no longer with the company.

Honest question.  What did you think of the witches chant?  There is no way you couldnt think that was utter cringe and embarrassing. 

"The power of one"

""The power of two"

"The power of mannnnnnny"

OMG just rewatching clips of that is nails on a chalkboard.

I feel like this show is Deep Space Nine meets Hocus Pocus, but with a budget that cost more than House of Dragon and the Kenobi series.

I am also sad to see Leslye Headland and I share the same birth year of 1980.   Oh I also jsut learned also see she used to be the personal asst of Harvey Weinstein, how nice. :preach:

Edited by NewWorldOrder

On 6/12/2024 at 1:19 PM, Rodey said:

My wife and watched it too. But my wife fell asleep 10 mins into it. (shrug)

Your wife was lucked out! haha

On 6/12/2024 at 5:47 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

The healing will begin once Bob Igor and Kathleen Kennedy are both no longer with the company.

Honest question.  What did you think of the witches chant?  There is no way you couldnt think that was utter cringe and embarrassing. 

"The power of one"

""The power of two"

"The power of mannnnnnny"

OMG just rewatching clips of that is nails on a chalkboard.

I feel like this show is Deep Space Nine meets Hocus Pocus, but with a budget that cost more than House of Dragon and the Kenobi series.

I am also sad to see Leslye Headland and I share the same birth year of 1980.   Oh I also jsut learned also see she used to be the personal asst of Harvey Weinstein, how nice. :preach:

You seriously sound like you're in pain. Why do you continue to watch it? Masochist?