• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s STAR WARS: THE ACOLYTE (2023?)

57 posts in this topic

Star Wars: The Acolyte: 5 Things We Know About The New Disney+ Series (& 5 Theories, According To Reddit)

Out of all the recently announced Star Wars series coming to Disney+, Star Wars: The Acolyte is perhaps the most mysterious and the most intriguing. Unlike any recent series or movies, it will focus on a time period in the Star Wars franchise that has never been featured in a live-action setting and offers a lot of opportunity for unique storytelling far removed from the Skywalker saga and The Mandalorian.

The Acolyte refers to a term sometimes used for Sith apprentices, giving fans a clue as to the focus of the series. This will provide a chance for completely unknown characters to command the spotlight, possibly centered for the first time on individuals that follow the dark side of the Force. As usual, Reddit is abuzz with rumors about one of the most highly anticipated series to come.

Lucasfilm has already shared that the series will focus on the emergence of "dark side powers" in the waning days of the High Republic, approximately 100-200 years before the infamous Skywalker saga takes place.

The High Republic was a time of prosperity for the Jedi Knights, who peacefully protected the galaxy 800 years after the fall of the Old Republic, during with the Republic engaged in battles with the formidable Sith Empire.

Given that the High Republic era was the time period when the Galactic Republic was at the height of its power, and Jedi were patrolling the galaxy in full force, the Sith were not considered an immediate threat as no Jedi knew of their whereabouts or existence.

This screenshot has made its way around Reddit and some other sites quite sparingly over the last year, but I haven't seen it posted here. With the upcoming Obi-Wan show around the corner and hopefully news on the Acolyte soon, I figured I'd share. 

Originally featured in a deleted scene from Attack of the Clones, Obi-Wan is introduced to the Lost Twenty while searching the Jedi Archives. The Lost Twenty was a group of twenty Jedi Masters who renounced their allegiance to the Jedi Order at various times in its history. Every member of the Lost Twenty had forsaken the Order after becoming disillusioned about its principles. The most familiar of the Lost Twenty to-date is Count Dooku. Another member of the Lost Twenty is a former female Jedi named Trennis (screenshot below). 

In phase 1 of The High Republic comics, which is the era when the Acolyte takes place, we are introduced to Jedi Knight, Keeve Trennis (below) who serves as the title's protagonist. I don't believe it has been explicitly confirmed that it's the same character, but both have a similar look. It's unknown if the Lost Twenty or Keeve Trennis will play a role, or even be mentioned, in Obi-Wan or the Acolyte, but I thought it was cool how woven together it all is. 

image.png.032137a719654ccda9f14d012a977282.png

(Lost Twenty - Trennis)

image.png.14f40b45030b0ae32636e91638068ea3.png

(Keeve Trennis)

Edited by awakeintheashes

On 5/23/2022 at 11:16 AM, Broke as a Joke said:

Why would the Jedi have busts of these lost 20 in their library?  Seems like something they wouldn't be honoring.

Cautionary tales, I guess. Instead of burying them in texts make them front and center examples of Jedi who had lost their way. 

With that said, the Jedi order during the Age of Republic shouldn’t really be viewed as a shining example of how to do things. The Sith snuck in under their noses, their teachings and leadership style turned away powerful force users like Anakin and Ahsoka. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

On 5/25/2022 at 8:10 AM, fantastic_four said:

Hopefully Yoda is a featured player.

He’s featured prominently in the High Republic Adventures series. Given that it sounds like this will focus on the Dark Side, I’m not sure how big of a role he will play in this, but it’s possible. He’s on the Jedi Council during this time. 

On 5/25/2022 at 2:31 AM, kimik said:

She sounds like she knows her Star Wars - especially, the Legends stuff. 

On 5/25/2022 at 8:14 AM, awakeintheashes said:

She sounds like she knows her Star Wars - especially, the Legends stuff. 

Time will tell, I guess. It looks promising at this point.

On 5/25/2022 at 8:13 AM, awakeintheashes said:
On 5/25/2022 at 6:10 AM, fantastic_four said:

Hopefully Yoda is a featured player.

He’s featured prominently in the High Republic Adventures series. Given that it sounds like this will focus on the Dark Side, I’m not sure how big of a role he will play in this, but it’s possible. He’s on the Jedi Council during this time. 

Looks like Yoda will be coming to D+ in a new animated HR series, Star Wars: Young Jedi Adventures, that initially sounds a lot like HR Adventures:

https://www.ign.com/articles/star-wars-high-republic-kids-show

On 3/14/2023 at 5:29 AM, Bosco685 said:

Planned and happening are two very different things with Iger cutting $5.5 billion from Disney. Willow supposedly has season two written and is on indefinite hiatus.

Edited by drotto