• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If I ever start to grade like this take me out back and shoot me!

17 posts in this topic

I looked at many of this sellers auctions. He can't grade and he's not shy about it. The auctions have large scans. I sometimes miss something on a book, heck most of us do from time to time. What amazes me is that some people are actually bidding on his lots and they have a huge image to check it against? If this seller is a member of the boards we need an intervention and fast:

web page

web page

I agree it is way off, but believe it or not

I've seen much, much worse...

unfortunately.

tongue.gif

I would have thrown in at least one more "much".

He'll never get VF price for it, and at least he's providing big scans.

There are 10,000 other Ebay sellers to deride before this guy.

The extent of the misgrading makes this seller no better than the guy who says a GD is NM. These lots aren't even close...

You don't get a free pass just because there are worse examples out there... 893naughty-thumb.gif

Jim

The extent of the misgrading makes this seller no better than the guy who says a GD is NM. These lots aren't even close...

You don't get a free pass just because there are worse examples out there... 893naughty-thumb.gif

Jim

For once, Jim and I see eye-to-eye! sumo.gif

stooges.gifhi.gif

If I had a nickel for every illiterate eBay seller who spells "intact" as "in tact" I could buy an Action #1...

frustrated.gifChristo_pull_hair.giffrustrated.gifChristo_pull_hair.giffrustrated.gifChristo_pull_hair.gif893censored-thumb.gif

When i was collecting baseball cards, my friend and i ran across and auciton that said,

"we except paypal"

screwy.gif

If I had a nickel for every illiterate eBay seller who spells "intact" as "in tact" I could buy an Action #1...

frustrated.gifChristo_pull_hair.giffrustrated.gifChristo_pull_hair.giffrustrated.gifChristo_pull_hair.gif893censored-thumb.gif

When i was collecting baseball cards, my friend and i ran across and auciton that said,

"we except paypal"

screwy.gif

27_laughing.gif Thats what happens when you don't go to a british school stooges.gif

"we except paypal"

screwy.gif

27_laughing.gif Thats what happens when you don't go to a british school stooges.gif

British, not "british".

You're supposed to capitalize nationalities, Mr. Writer. stooges.gif

"we except paypal"

screwy.gif

British, not "british".

foreheadslap.gif You teachers are all the same! poke2.gif

"we except paypal"

screwy.gif

British, not "british".

Dammit. Good retort. Christo_pull_hair.gif

"we except paypal"

screwy.gif

British, not "british".

Dammit. Good retort. Christo_pull_hair.gif

I didn't study at being the class nuisance for 13 years for nothing stooges.gif

At least he's providing HQ scans of the comics, and the starting prices are low. It may say VF and VF/NM in the titles, but the bidding won't go up that high, unless a few others who are as innacurate as he is get in a bidding war over it.

"we except paypal"

screwy.gif

I've read this whole thread & I'm still trying to figure out what an "auciton" is. confused-smiley-013.gifChristo_pull_hair.gifstooges.gif