• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nominating GEEzusWalks
3 3

260 posts in this topic

Where do you think the book is lost? Is it lost in your house or was it stolen? Was it sold prior to the sale on the boards?
We don't believe the book was stolen. We searched throughout house, but are unable to locate.
We aren't sure if it was involved in prior sale. 

Did anyone contact you saying the price was too low?
No. 

Are you continuing to search the house for the book and if so, why not tell Brock that it was just temporarily missing and wait a few days before refunding?
Still looking.
Once we were unable to locate once searched our books, we refunded.
Any books we have sold are prepared packaging and label in same day payment is made.
If the same thing happened to us, we would prefer refund immediately. We would not want to tie up anyone's funds.  

Sorry about this.

2 minutes ago, GEEzusWalks said:

Where do you think the book is lost? Is it lost in your house or was it stolen? Was it sold prior to the sale on the boards?
We don't believe the book was stolen. We searched throughout house, but are unable to locate.
We aren't sure if it was involved in prior sale. 

Did anyone contact you saying the price was too low?
No. 

Are you continuing to search the house for the book and if so, why not tell Brock that it was just temporarily missing and wait a few days before refunding?
Still looking.
Once we were unable to locate once searched our books, we refunded.
Any books we have sold are prepared packaging and label in same day payment is made.
If the same thing happened to us, we would prefer refund immediately. We would not want to tie up anyone's funds.  

Sorry about this.

Do you recall the last time you physically saw the comic and/or when those sales photos were taken?

Pictures were deleted from the thread because of a forum post regarding 'registry' issues with people claiming books that weren't theirs/transferring the registry to new owners.
We did this to help out the rightful owner(s).

Hope that helps. 

Sorry again.

2 hours ago, GEEzusWalks said:

Pictures were deleted from the thread because of a forum post regarding 'registry' issues with people claiming books that weren't theirs/transferring the registry to new owners.

Hope that helps. 

Sorry again.

Thank for coming on to respond.  I understand it is a strange situation for both parties.  I was just curious why you didn't delete pics from your earlier threads tat really were not that long ago.  The same issue you reference were impact those as well.I assume you ya not have thought about it but it seems it should have been the right thing to do in the spirit of your answer.

Also, it appears you upload the pics to CGC instead of linking from a URL.  At least that is what is you did in the sales thread before this one.  You went through a lot of effort to not only delete from the thread but from your uploads (which no one else can access).  Just curious why the extra effort when deleting from the thread would safeguard against the issue you mention.

Again, not trying to pick or cast blame and your call to respond.  It does shed a more positive reflection in my opinion that you have chosen to come on and respond instead of being silent for a while even though you visited the boards during this.

Thanks again.

7 hours ago, GEEzusWalks said:

Hope that helps. 

Sorry again.

I thought they were deleted to make room on the computer?  

11 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

5 minutes ago, Bird said:

Also, who was the rightful owner of this book if you cannot find it? :whistle:

That's another good point.  Also, the pics were recently taken.  Strange the book can't be found.  

22 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

Gregory, I'm way over organized, which if probably why I still delete pictures, lol...

I start every sales thread with a word document that I write, sometimes more than a month in advance. I put every book I plan to sell in a specific box that I keep on my desk until the sale, then I put sticky notes on each book that I sell during the thread and put each of those books in a pile with that person's name on it. I write the buyer's name on every sale in the thread and I go back and match them to each pile after the sale.

Then I write a spreadsheet with a list from each sale, so I understand...but there have been times when things have happened and a book will wind up in the wrong place. Usually it's my husband's fault;) he will walk in to tell me jokes while I'm putting things in piles;) 

Sharon, I did almost the same way you did, however I kind of do the old fashioned way. I use my binder book to write down what book I want to sell, record what conditions it has and prices. Then take snapshots of them on either my scanner or my iPad to save in memory. With all that done, I put all books in my “to sell” box and set this box aside near my table to do the work on screen later.  Sometimes this box would be in my room where I can guard while I sleep, and know where it is. 

Now with the new information today, I see why and how it happens. Well, it could happen sometimes but still the question of deleting the photos too quickly lingers... we are all mortal beings by suspicious nature, can’t help that. Hoping something resolve will settle out to all satisfaction here.

9 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

That's another good point.  Also, the pics were recently taken.  Strange the book can't be found.  

These are the things that are making me go hmmmmm as well. I work in IT so I understand the difficulties many chronologically challenged people have with technology and a lot of them have a very dogmatic method to their processes, which is why I believed it was possible the seller might’ve deleted the pictures.

Some of these apparently contradicting answers are not making the sellers case. 

I do appreciate @GEEzusWalks coming on to respond.  Looking at some of his statements I have some observations:

Pictures were taken 2-3 weeks ago lines up very close to when the sale on the boards occured so we're dealing with a small window.

Seller stated he isn't sure if book was involved in a prior sale.  Since we are not talking a long period of time between when the pictures were taken
and the matter at hand and unless seller is a very high volume and sells through many channels it would seem to me someone would/should know
what they sold and be able to have a record of the payment or invoice somewhere.

Initially seller stated that pics were removed to make room on his computer, now he's referred to a post I made regarding an issue I had moving a book to my registry (unrelated topic)
as the rationale for removing.  To me this seems off.

The only thing I can think of it he sold alot during that window of time is that he quite possibly could have shipped the wrong book to someone, however would still have the book
he should have sent and can easily contact the person that received the comic erroneously.

Edited by MustEatBrains

You should be able to figure out whether you sold the book in the 2-3 weeks between taking the photos and posting it for sale. 

PS - despite all of the ridiculousness and almost unbelievable story of poor decisions, I no longer think he should be on the probation list. His absurd story might be true and the existence of this thread does a sufficient job of warning others. 

If the seller will commit to selling the book to Brock at the agreed price should he find it I think he should be removed from the list. 

Edited by Red84

2 hours ago, comicdonna said:

That was my first thought as well. 

Couple thoughts floating in my head:

1) it would be unfair to ask any seller to go out, acquire a book at FMV and sell to another at less than FMV.  So I would never ask that to happen

2) I do appreciate the seller coming into the thread to offer up his side of the story....but...

3) The answers received continue to be murky at best and cast doubt as to the truth of the matter.

Too many contradictions to basic questions at this point.  No real clarity as to why photos are deleted in one spot vs. another (and sorry, the "people use the cert #'s for registry" answer is bogus).  EVERY single book on CLink, Heritage and CC have the cert #'s available.  Sorry, this one does not track.

I've never once take the position that the seller is flat out lying that he lost the book.  The actions that transpired after I paid and was refunded have just cast a significant amount of doubt as to the actual truth being told...however, the fact still remains that it is possible (although not probable) that the book was lost.

However, I do not feel at this time that the seller has satisfactorily answered all the questions posed and therefore, I am not removing my PL nomination at this time.  If the seller wants to address his "confusion," then I believe we are all ears....

Edited by Columbia Comics
grammar