• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WORST film you witnessed or heard of (comic book or otherwise)
7 7

437 posts in this topic

Sure, this could turn into 'not my studio' debates. Not the intent. More to laugh about these films that once you are done, it leaves you wondering what the studio was thinking, other than it had to burn through excess cash.

My first recommendation:

Yakuza_Apocalypse.jpg.aabea7cbdef843df3d3bd047e04bb1a2.jpg

YAKUZA APOCALYPSE

SUMMARY: Yakuza is a ruthless underground world, and no one in this world is more legendary than boss Kamiura. Rumored to be invincible, the truth is he is a vampire - a bloodsucking Yakuza vampire boss.

Sounds interesting, Especially when you read the blend of horror mixed in with the action genre. And, it even includes one of the actors from The Raid that played one of the more deadly villains in that film.

1360408349_YayanRuhian.jpg.b80ae0533b8b1d6a5545e03a7324369e.jpg

Then you watch it. :eek:

And you continue to watch it, thinking it has to get better. :popcorn:

Someone needed a car payment, for sure. :facepalm: :insane:

Edited by Bosco685
Changed to appease OCD seizures

Just now, ghengishahn said:

Transformers Age of Extinction.

Not comic related: Hurt Locker.  

Sadly, all of the Transformers movies after the 1st one are awful.

Transformers were a huge part of my childhood.

Optimus saying, "join us or die" to the Dinobots near the end was just a huge cringe moment. :sick:

12 minutes ago, littlebill said:

the 2006 ashley judd michael shannon movie bug is the worst movie i have ever sat through. i think michael shannon is a brilliant actor but this movie was painful to sit through. 

:eek:

I had never even heard of this movie. Thanks for the warning. :foryou:

23 minutes ago, Drewsky said:

Large budget Comic Book: FF reboot

Any movie: Punch Drunk Love

I loved Punch Drunk Love and I couldn’t even tell you why.

Edited by Oddball

3 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

Sadly, all of the Transformers movies after the 1st one are awful.

Transformers were a huge part of my childhood.

Optimus saying, "join us or die" to the Dinobots near the end was just a huge cringe moment. :sick:

Agree with all of this.  The first one was an experience for me and made me feel like a 5 year old playing in the dirt, loved it.  After that, the story was secondary to the CGI and it all crumbled into a mound of poop.  I'm well aware this is an obvious statement, being made for years but it still hurts...rantrant

Edited by sagekilz

3 minutes ago, sagekilz said:

Agree with all of this.  The first one was an experience for me and made me feel like a 5 year old playing in the dirt, loved it.  After that, the story was secondary to the CGI and it all crumbled into a mound of.  I'm well aware this is an obvious statement, being made for years but it still hurts...rantrant

Yes, pretty much the first one and Bumblebee are the only two I really enjoyed.

Catowman absolutely. I can't even think through anything else to see if it might even be close, that one is hands-down the worst. I only went 'cause a cute girl wanted to go. I begged her to pick something else 'cause I could tell from the previews that it was garbage. So many better things could have been done with the money used to make that movie, it was just abysmal. 

Worst superhero movie for me is easily X-Men Origins: Wolverine.  Nothing like cramming 150 years of a character's history into a two hour candyass flop.

Worst movie I've ever seen has to go to The Dark Tower.  When compared to the source material from King's literary saga, the movie is basically an unintentional comedy.

Special mention for @TwoPiece - Punisher: War Zone should have been runner up to Rambo IV in just about category at the 2008 Oscars.

Second special mention for Best Worst movie ever -- 1990: The Bronx Warriors.  There are no words, you just have to see it.

Edited by mattn792

1 minute ago, mattn792 said:

Worst superhero movie for me is easily X-Men Origins: Wolverine.  Nothing like cramming 150 years of a character's history into a two hour candyass flop.

Special mention for @TwoPiece - Punisher: War Zone should have been runner up to Rambo IV in just about category at the 2008 Oscars.

Yeah, X-Men Origins is awful. I thought The Wolverine was pathetic, too. Logan is the only one they got right.

I knew you'd chime in on my pick. lol

1 minute ago, TwoPiece said:

Yeah, X-Men Origins is awful. I thought The Wolverine was pathetic, too. Logan is the only one they got right.

I knew you'd chime in on my pick. lol

Sad part is The Wolverine COULD have been good, but 12 year old Yukio and the entire end of the movie completely ruined it (especially when you compare it to how the 1982 Limited Series played out).

30 minutes ago, Martin Sinescu said:

Catowman absolutely. I can't even think through anything else to see if it might even be close, that one is hands-down the worst.

"Catwoman" movie worse than "Jonah Hex" movie (got Rotten Tomatoes rating of 0, nil) worse than Transformers #1 movie that I wanted to walk out of after 1st 10 mins due to very predictable directing, bad acting.

1 minute ago, mattn792 said:

Sad part is The Wolverine COULD have been good, but 12 year old Yukio and the entire end of the movie completely ruined it (especially when you compare it to how the 1982 Limited Series played out).

It's weird, because as a kid, my favorite X-Men heroes were the Summers Bros (honorable mention to Gambit). Hugh Jackman turned me into a big Wolverine fan. Normally I probably wouldn't have been so peeved at those 2 movies, but they just disrespected the character that Jackman portrayed. I would've flipped my :censored: lid if Logan was another bust.