• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WORST film you witnessed or heard of (comic book or otherwise)
7 7

437 posts in this topic

On 10/10/2020 at 9:59 PM, ThothAmon said:

Watching Russell Crowe in Robin Hood. Insufferably preachy. I’d like to like it as Robin Hood has always been a favorite story and Russell Crowe was in at least three of my favorites, LA Confidential, Master and Commander and Gladiator. 

I liked the Errol Flynn version of Robin Hood. Casting Russell Crowe in that role seems a bit off-target...  lol 

On 12/4/2021 at 11:53 PM, paperheart said:

movie that had me on verge of nausea before I walked out:

Cloverfield

After about ten minutes of suffering through this one on TV I gave up.  Appalling, disorientating shaky cam. 

On 12/19/2021 at 10:57 AM, The Lions Den said:

I liked the Errol Flynn version of Robin Hood. Casting Russell Crowe in that role seems a bit off-target...  lol 

I thought Crowe was real good in the movie-Noah 

On 12/19/2021 at 11:04 AM, Ken Aldred said:

After about ten minutes of suffering through this one on TV I gave up.  Appalling, disorientating shaky cam. 

Clover field the movie was all the rage when it came our back in 2004 or whenever, many young adult called it their favorite movie an consider it great an groundbreaking , we went to see it because of all the hype , an it was ok but my wife hated it , I Don,t think it has stood the test of time 

On 12/19/2021 at 7:09 PM, FoggyNelson said:

Clover field the movie was all the rage when it came our back in 2004 or whenever, many young adult called it their favorite movie an consider it great an groundbreaking , we went to see it because of all the hype , an it was ok but my wife hated it , I Don,t think it has stood the test of time 

My wife hated it as well. Will not watch any movie with that handheld camera feel. I get what they were going for but I would have preferred to see it filmed standard. They really could have done something with an extended scene when those parasites fell off the creature and started that subway attack.

If we can add streaming shows to this thread I have one...

the-cleaning-lady.jpg.b78283a59aa2ca63d20dd61d9b3caa4a.jpg

She witnesses a mob hit and the leader likes how she offers her services to clean up the body of the guy they just murdered. And then he calls on her again to clean up his house after his wild wife throws a sex party.

45b7ec67-3e67-4f43-8d97-40a7f9240b54_text.gif.82fd2249f30025970bdacfed759b02f9.gif

On 2/5/2022 at 8:40 AM, Bosco685 said:

If we can add streaming shows to this thread I have one...

the-cleaning-lady.jpg.b78283a59aa2ca63d20dd61d9b3caa4a.jpg

She witnesses a mob hit and the leader likes how she offers her services to clean up the body of the guy they just murdered. And then he calls on her again to clean up his house after his wild wife throws a sex party.

45b7ec67-3e67-4f43-8d97-40a7f9240b54_text.gif.82fd2249f30025970bdacfed759b02f9.gif

That sounds so bad I have to see it.

Is it Batwoman level bad?

Has anybody seen "The 355"?  Every time I saw the commercial for it I cringed.  While posting this thread it took me a while to find the movie because I forgot the name and was Googling  "The 455".

Anybody know if it is in the running to be a part of this thread?

***I'm in no rush to see it

On 12/19/2021 at 8:09 AM, FoggyNelson said:

I remember this-so many young adults were gushing like crazy over this flop.  didnt understand.

On 6/12/2019 at 7:11 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

The Last Jedi is in the Top 5.

As a trilogy, I think it is truly terrible and just so upsetting. Instead of telling a compelling story to add to the mythos you just get directors throwing jabs at one another.

But there are worse films out there.

This will sound super random, but I would like to add Fat Albert (the Keenan Thompson film) to the list, that was an awful film. 

It's tangentially comic related

Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids (1974 Gold Key) comic books 1974

Also really really hate Alien Covenant. That ending is just such a baffling editorial/directing decision.

Alien: Covenant | 20th Century Studios

Oh and Transformers The Last Knight is absolute garbage.

Transformers: The Last Knight - New International Trailer - Paramount  Pictures - YouTube

Edited by William-James88

On 2/6/2022 at 12:36 AM, William-James88 said:

As a trilogy, I think it is truly terrible and just so upsetting. Instead of telling a compelling story to add to the mythos you just get directors throwing jabs at one another.

But there are worse films out there.

Oh and Transformers The Last Knight is absolute garbage.

Transformers: The Last Knight - New International Trailer - Paramount  Pictures - YouTube

Yes, but I have only seen 2 that I would rate lower than TLJ.

The Last Knight sucks, but IMO Revenge of the Fallen is the worst of that series.

On 2/7/2022 at 6:50 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Yes, but I have only seen 2 that I would rate lower than TLJ.

The Last Knight sucks, but IMO Revenge of the Fallen is the worst of that series.

You have truly achieved suckage royalty with that declaration!

:headbang:

Edited by Bosco685

On 2/7/2022 at 9:52 PM, Bosco685 said:

You have truly achieved suckage royalty with that declaration!

:headbang:

Yeah but Revenge Of The Fallen has that pretty awesome forest fight scene to give it at least something to cling to for redemption. Can't say the same for AOE or TLK. 

On 2/7/2022 at 10:02 AM, Mecha_Fantastic said:

Yeah but Revenge Of The Fallen has that pretty awesome forest fight scene to give it at least something to cling to for redemption. Can't say the same for AOE or TLK. 

It also has the two robots that act like hood rats, which for me makes it impossible to rate any of the other films worse.