• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WORST film you witnessed or heard of (comic book or otherwise)
7 7

437 posts in this topic

On 4/16/2022 at 11:19 AM, NewEnglandGothic said:

Well...

This got me thinking how the "Stone" wasn't so good after all.  lol 

I was never a fan. Danny DeVito was fun, that was it.

Teen titans go

I understand that it is a kids movie.

I saw it as a prescreen for free, but what a mind warp that was, just :ohnoez:

Lol I still remember the dolphin playing drums, that movie was a trip :insane:

On 12/31/2022 at 11:17 AM, MR SigS said:

I can only watch the MST3K version.

And even THAT is hard to chew! LOL

The only good thing to come out of MANOS was the succession of Torgo appearances in various episodes, ranging from his first appearance as pizza delivery guy to his last as a poor man's "Gandalf the White"! :ohnoez:

When thinking of "bad movies", I personally take into consideration the intention of the filmmakers versus the final product. I also consider things like their resources, budget, etc. As a long time MST3k fan, sure, there are an enormous number of incompetently made, cheap, cheesy flicks out there. But even they have some charm. Are Ed Wood movies good? No, of course not. But in relation to the works of, say, Coleman Francis, they at least have some zany appeal. And as has been mentioned, of course, Manos: The Hands of Fate would be a qualifier, but I've watched it far too many times via MST3k and Rifftrax to ever HATE the movie. As goofy as it is, I can still watch it.

So, when I consider the amount of money spent, and the resources available to the filmmakers, I think I have to conclude that the worst movie I ever saw was probably the second Transformers movie. It was so bad I can't even remember what it was called. It was, like, offensively stupid. Made no sense whatsoever. When it got to the part where Shia's spirit went to Autobot Heaven, or whatever it was, i felt my consciousness leave my body. If I could ever truly HATE a movie, I hated that movie.

On 1/5/2023 at 9:54 AM, F For Fake said:

...when I consider the amount of money spent, and the resources available to the filmmakers, I think I have to conclude that the worst movie I ever saw was probably the second Transformers movie. It was so bad I can't even remember what it was called. It was, like, offensively stupid. Made no sense whatsoever. When it got to the part where Shia's spirit went to Autobot Heaven, or whatever it was, i felt my consciousness leave my body. If I could ever truly HATE a movie, I hated that movie.

Transformers might be the first thing I loved as a child. I enjoyed the first movie a great deal. The sequel killed the IP for me as much as TLJ did for Star Wars.

A few....

1. Black Adam (total BS)

2. Banshees of Inisherin (was hoping for more as In Bruges is a great film)

3. Dr Strange/Guardians of the Galaxy/Thor movies - just not for me :facepalm:

On 1/5/2023 at 10:45 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Transformers might be the first thing I loved as a child. I enjoyed the first movie a great deal. The sequel killed the IP for me as much as TLJ did for Star Wars.

I think the first Transformers movie is pretty fun. Not great, but certainly not bad, and it was a fun time at the theater that opening weekend. The rest of the series are varying shades of bad, but that second one, woof, it's a dog.

On 1/6/2023 at 3:26 AM, F For Fake said:

I think the first Transformers movie is pretty fun. Not great, but certainly not bad, and it was a fun time at the theater that opening weekend. The rest of the series are varying shades of bad, but that second one, woof, it's a dog.

I like the first and third, plus Bumblebee. The second one, Revenge Of The Fallen, had ONE good scene, the forest fight. Besides that it was wretched in every possible way plus 5 that just shouldn't be possible by mankind. 

On 1/5/2023 at 5:40 PM, Cat said:

I like the first and third, plus Bumblebee. The second one, Revenge Of The Fallen, had ONE good scene, the forest fight. Besides that it was wretched in every possible way plus 5 that just shouldn't be possible by mankind. 

I will give Bumblebee a pass, if just for the opening scene on Cybertron, which is really all I want from a Transformers movie. No more humans. I don't care about Spike, or Sam, or the girl from Bumblebee whose name I've already forgotten...I don't need PEOPLE in my robot movie. Just gimme them goldarn robots!

On 1/6/2023 at 11:41 PM, F For Fake said:

I will give Bumblebee a pass, if just for the opening scene on Cybertron, which is really all I want from a Transformers movie. No more humans. I don't care about Spike, or Sam, or the girl from Bumblebee whose name I've already forgotten...I don't need PEOPLE in my robot movie. Just gimme them goldarn robots!

Damn straight. 

On 1/6/2023 at 8:41 AM, F For Fake said:

*Hailee Steinfeld <3

On 1/7/2023 at 1:39 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Pretty sure he meant the character's name.

Which was Charlie.