• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WORST film you witnessed or heard of (comic book or otherwise)
7 7

437 posts in this topic

On 7/1/2019 at 8:16 AM, Bosco685 said:

In support of this thread, I found out about a TV show called Svengoolie which follows a similar Mystery Science Theater 3000 - but been around since 1970. It plays low-budget horror films, and has fun with how bad they are. And comic book-related, Alex Ross and George Perez are big fans of the show.

And boy, can he dig up the stinkers and make them fun.

Sevngoolie is on METV Saturday nights. Caught him a few times and like the show.He plays a lot of old Universal monster movies like Creature Feature did back in the day.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

17 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Sevngoolie is on METV Saturday nights. Caught him a few times and like the show.He plays a lot of old Universal monster movies like Creature Feature did back in the day.

And, he seems to be a decent fellow that loves chatting with fans about old horror movies. I had no idea before now this show even existed.

On 6/12/2019 at 8:06 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Up for nomination to be worst film ever.  This intelligence sapping anti-masterpiece will have you gripping your last brain cell wishing you could somehow get that time of your life you just wasted back..   Gummo.... 

20190612_200617.jpg

I live in Nashville...that's where the director grew up. Went to school with one of my best friends. Used some locals in that film. You know the scene where the two brothers start beating the :censored: out of each other? One of those dudes came to one of our gigs...bowing and beating his fists on the floor. There are a few others. 

There are some scenes which are EXTREMELY difficult to watch. Others are very amusing. It's a rough movie. 

He also did KIDS...which was a disgusting flick. All sorts of exploitation in his grotesque work. 

NOT SAFE FOR WORK

On 6/14/2019 at 2:43 PM, sagekilz said:

Ok, I'll jump on the grenade.

I'll preface by saying I feel this is the worst movie of all-time based SOLELY on the following it garners.  Additionally, I'm not stating this to pander, I believe this with all my cinematic soul.

The Big Lebowski is an awful movie.  Just terrible.  Is it a joke in-of-itself, purely satirical in its entirety?  Is it high-brow, low-brow or inbetween?  Is it supposed to be thought-provoking, a comedy, a drama, a homogenization of all genres or just camp?  Is it pretentious or for everyone?  The movie's foundation needs to pick a lane.  

I don't get it; I'll never get it and I'm ok with that.

i don't like it either and i like most Coen brothers films. Big Lebowski was a Big bust !

Inchon 

i used to always go to any war movie back in the day and so i am one of the few people who has ever seen the movie Inchon (1982 , Jacqueline Bissett Richard Roundtree)

i saw it at the theater when it came out

i don't remember it it being all that good or bad, but it gets horrible reviews and is considered one of the worst movies of all time, and it is one of the few movies that has never been released on home video

4 hours ago, newshane said:

There are some scenes which are EXTREMELY difficult to watch. Others are very amusing. It's a rough movie. 

He also did KIDS...which was a disgusting flick. All sorts of exploitation in his grotesque work. 

Agreed.  Both of his films are truly difficult to watch . They should be on this list.

On 6/12/2019 at 1:29 PM, Ken Aldred said:

Strangely enough, I find that film quite entertaining.

I'll raise you the soul-crushing boredom of Manos, The Hands of Fate.

I agree. PLAN 9 does not deserve the bad reputation created by the Medved Brothers. It is actually an average low budget SciFi movie of its time but with the extra spice and vigor only Ed Wood can bring! One problem is it was actually shot for the 1.85:1 aspect ratio but the entire full screen is what all the dvds and even Blu Ray are in, meaning things like overhead mics and various bits and pieces never intended to be in the film are visible.

I definitely agree about MANOS. It is actually painful to watch. I would also offer up THE BEAST OF YUCCA FLATS. Even Tor Johson cannot save this one!

On 6/14/2019 at 5:43 PM, sagekilz said:

Ok, I'll jump on the grenade.

I'll preface by saying I feel this is the worst movie of all-time based SOLELY on the following it garners.  Additionally, I'm not stating this to pander, I believe this with all my cinematic soul.

The Big Lebowski is an awful movie.  Just terrible.  Is it a joke in-of-itself, purely satirical in its entirety?  Is it high-brow, low-brow or inbetween?  Is it supposed to be thought-provoking, a comedy, a drama, a homogenization of all genres or just camp?  Is it pretentious or for everyone?  The movie's foundation needs to pick a lane.  

I don't get it; I'll never get it and I'm ok with that.

It's a "cult" movie...you either get it or you don't.