• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The troubled fixation on MCU vs DCEU competition
2 2

44 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Oddball said:

Kindred spirits! I hate Apple too. I loved them up to the iPhone 6S and then their innovation disappeared. Unfortunately I was locked into their ecosystem by then with too much invested into iTunes to ever leave. At least I can say their latest iPad Pro with the iPadOS is FINALLY what I need it to be. 

I hate the bezel screen design and refuse to upgrade from the iPhone 8.

Edit: I also don't need 3 f^&*ing cameras on 1 side of the phone.

Edited by theCapraAegagrus

51 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Relevant. Too much This vs That. Some people can't/won't judge simply on individual merit.

You should have seen all the fake accounts created in July/August 2020 so people could dive all over the DC Fan Dome Snyder Cut details like long-time haters. Accounts with the sweetest of names, but the harshest of messages.

Disclaimer: Mocked-up representation

snyderhater01.PNG.59ab8a52fa2025cff6eef8c78a84132f.PNG

Edited by Bosco685

As he's done time and time before, James Gunn says there's no bad blood whatsoever between the executives of Marvel Studios and DC Films. In fact, Gunn revealed in the comments section on a recent Instagram post that he invited Marvel Studios' two head honchos to hang out on the set of The Suicide Squad to catch up. Responding to a fan's question asking the filmmaker how Marvel responded to his new gig on Squad, Gunn said any Marvel vs. DC chatter is all drummed up by the fans.

"I told Kevin Feige before I took the job and he was very cool and supportive as he always is," Gunn said. "He just wanted me to make a good movie. He and Lou D'Esposito even came to visit the set and watched us shoot. There isn't the enmity behind the scenes like there is in the fan community."

The Suicide Squad is set for release on August 6, 2021 while Marvel's next movie is Black Widow, currently due out November 6th.

hm

9 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Thanks, Captain Obvious. lol

Marvel and DC are just competitors. Fans can be toxic.

I can't imagine hating something just because it's a competitor to something I like. Competition breeds better products.

As we have observed on here, some have a very difficult time distinguishing between friendly competition and forest burning to wipe out the other side. And some will spend everything they have to make it a reality.

doncheadle3.PNG.c0c45d943e0bd49ecd8be1ca71870df3.PNG

'...isn't there another movie you'd like to go see now...?'

:roflmao:

On 8/25/2020 at 7:15 PM, @therealsilvermane said:

"You know what? F-ck DC Comics. That's all I have to say and that's where I'm really coming from." - Robert Downey Jr.

1794139471_RDJinterview.thumb.JPG.5bdd4b8d9c6c408306b87b640f4a637a.JPG

This was so disappointing to me because I have been a fan of RDJ since the 80’s and Iron Man was my most anticipated movie the year before release. Sometimes I assume people in my age bracket have more insight and maturity but he sounds like a spoiled teenager here. I’ll still watch him just as I will still watch Sean Penn in anything despite not being able to stand the man.

RDJ’s full quote for context. And The Dark Knight was not a complicated movie to figure out.

“My whole thing is that that I saw ‘The Dark Knight’. I feel like I’m dumb because I feel like I don’t get how many things that are so smart. It’s like a Ferrari engine of storytelling and -script writing and I’m like, ‘That’s not my idea of what I want to see in a movie.’ I loved ‘The Prestige’ but didn’t understand ‘The Dark Knight’. Didn’t get it, still can’t tell you what happened in the movie, what happened to the character and in the end they need him to be a bad guy. I’m like, ‘I get it. This is so high brow and so f—king smart, I clearly need a college education to understand this movie.’ You know what? F-ck DC comics. That’s all I have to say and that’s where I’m really coming from.”

1 hour ago, Grails said:

RDJ’s full quote for context. And The Dark Knight was not a complicated movie to figure out.

“My whole thing is that that I saw ‘The Dark Knight’. I feel like I’m dumb because I feel like I don’t get how many things that are so smart. It’s like a Ferrari engine of storytelling and --script writing and I’m like, ‘That’s not my idea of what I want to see in a movie.’ I loved ‘The Prestige’ but didn’t understand ‘The Dark Knight’. Didn’t get it, still can’t tell you what happened in the movie, what happened to the character and in the end they need him to be a bad guy. I’m like, ‘I get it. This is so high brow and so f—king smart, I clearly need a college education to understand this movie.’ You know what? F-ck DC comics. That’s all I have to say and that’s where I’m really coming from.”

It was a pretty carpy statement to kick off the MCU. Though a fantastic film, there was never a need to launch with that message.