• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My greatest adventure 80
2 2

61 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, bronze johnny said:

I forget sometimes too. lol 

The consensus is that any books published prior to Showcase 4 is not Silver. 

That's interesting. I've seen consensus that says the first Silver Age superhero is the Martian Manhunter. 

I've also seen consensus that says the Silver Age didn't *really* start until FF #1, but I find that a bit dubious...

13 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

That's interesting. I've seen consensus that says the first Silver Age superhero is the Martian Manhunter. 

I've also seen consensus that says the Silver Age didn't *really* start until FF #1, but I find that a bit dubious...

Perhaps you should start a thread to further explore these fascinating observations?

14 minutes ago, bronze johnny said:
30 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Perhaps you should start a thread to further explore these fascinating observations?

Perhaps!

57 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

That I've NEVER heard before...

1 minute ago, pemart1966 said:

Not even by them...

Oh, sure, there have even been people on this board who've said that. Granted, I find it quite dubious to consider FF #1 the start of the SA, but some apparently do!

:)

On 6/20/2019 at 10:23 AM, shiverbones said:

Ah, never mind.... Martian manhunter :sorry:

(thumbsu

On 6/20/2019 at 10:23 AM, shiverbones said:

anyway, might as well talk about the greatness of mga  80 :)

Good timing, on the heels of the first season of the show (which, despite being very heavily influenced by Morrison's run, used all the original team members from MGA 80). I'm kind of surprised there wasn't already a recent thread about the book.