• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPIDER-MAN: ACROSS THE SPIDER-VERSE PART 1 (2022)
3 3

358 posts in this topic

On 4/20/2022 at 9:30 PM, paperheart said:

‘Spider-Man: Across The Spider-Verse’ Heads To Summer 2023

Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse (Sony Pictures Animation/Columbia Pictures) – June 2, 2023 (from October 7, 2022)

Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Part II – March 29, 2024

I'll accept that reason every time. Better it gets released coming across just as solid (or better) as the first.

On 4/21/2022 at 3:28 AM, Bosco685 said:

I'll accept that reason every time. Better it gets released coming across just as solid (or better) as the first.

Have they said why?  That's almost a 8 month delay.  The thing that caught my attention was the date for Madame Web...which will be a month after Across The Spiderverse.  Wouldn't that be cannibalizing their own movie???.

***Madame Web got a prime launch launch date (early July:whatthe:)

CinemaCon is underway this week at Las Vegas' Caesars Palace and Sony is pulling out all the stops. Shortly after the studio announced El Muerto, a Spider-Man spinoff featuring Bad Bunny, producers Phil Lord and Chris Miller arrive on-stage to introduce the first 15 minutes of Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse (Part One).

Lord and Miller led over 1,000 people working on the movie, which Lord says is the biggest crew ever. "We had to try and break new ground, so it's way bigger," the producer said on-stage. "The number of characters [is massive]. The first movie has 40. This one has 240 characters."

The producer then went on to say that the film starts in Earth-65, the home world of Spider-Gwen (Hailee Steinfeld) before continuing on Earth-1610, the primary continuity in which Shameik Moore's Miles Morales lives. Miller says six different universes are involved in the movie "so far."

A full description of the footage, as provided by ComicBook.com's Cameron Bonomolo in attendance at CinemaCon:

Spider-Verse 2 Delayed AEW x New Japan Event Announced Madame Web Release Date Revealed Moon Knight Episode 4 Twist Ending New Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero Release Date

Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse First 15 Minutes Shown
By ADAM BARNHARDT - April 26, 2022 02:00 am EDT

0 Comments

CinemaCon is underway this week at Las Vegas' Caesars Palace and Sony is pulling out all the stops. Shortly after the studio announced El Muerto, a Spider-Man spinoff featuring Bad Bunny, producers Phil Lord and Chris Miller arrive on-stage to introduce the first 15 minutes of Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse (Part One).

Lord and Miller led over 1,000 people working on the movie, which Lord says is the biggest crew ever. "We had to try and break new ground, so it's way bigger," the producer said on-stage. "The number of characters [is massive]. The first movie has 40. This one has 240 characters."

The producer then went on to say that the film starts in Earth-65, the home world of Spider-Gwen (Hailee Steinfeld) before continuing on Earth-1610, the primary continuity in which Shameik Moore's Miles Morales lives. Miller says six different universes are involved in the movie "so far."

In the footage revealed, Issa Rae plays Jessica Drew, a Black woman who is five months pregnant during the movie. She has similar powers to Spider-Man but wears a different black and red suit. She also travels using a motorcycle. Iconic Spider-Man villain Vulture was also seen in the footage shown.

A full description of the footage, as provided by ComicBook.com's Cameron Bonomolo in attendance at CinemaCon:

"Earth-65. The Gwen Stacy Spider-Woman sneaks through the window of her apartment building. Her father, Captain George Stacy, is washing dishes. 'We caught a break in the Spider-Man case,'" he tells Gwen. A hostage situation at the Guggenheim museum interrupts. The Vulture! He speaks Italian in stylized subtitles, Da Vinci style. Gwen suits up and swings into action, quipping the Vulture is a 'Renaissance man.' Adrian Toomes has lethal claws, a 40-foot wingspan of razor blade sharp wings, and modern weaponry like drones. It's Spider-Gwen versus Vulture in the museum. Vulture pins Gwen and is about to cut her to shreds: 'This is THE dumbest way to die!'

This is going to be massive. Great on them in recognizing it had to be a two-part storyline.

During a recent interview with ScreenRant, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse actor Oscar Isaac discussed his upcoming role as Spider-Man 2099 and revealed what makes his hero different from the other wall-crawlers. 

Isaac explained that, unlike the other Spider-Men, Miguel O'Hara "doesn't have a sense of humor" as he is a "very serious" iteration of the web-slinger:

“It’s been really fun working on that with Phil Lord and Kemp Powers. The thing I can say is, what makes this character so funny is that he’s the one Spider-Man that doesn’t have a sense of humor. Because all of them act like-- they’re like wisecracks, right? Everybody wisecracks, except this guy just doesn’t. He’s a very serious Spider-Man.”

To cap off an Annecy presentation that saw 15 minutes of work in progress footage screen for the first time before a public audience, “Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse” directors Joaquim Dos Santos, Kemp Powers, and Justin K. Thompson lifted the veil on the film’s big bad – an enigmatic antagonist known as The Spot.

“For those who are not hardcore canon nerds, The Spot is one of the deepest cuts in Spider-Man’s rogue gallery,” said co-director Powers. “But he has a super-power that really excited our entire team: His entire body is covered in little interdimensional portals that can send him anywhere he wants to go.”

Voiced by Jason Schwartzman, the villain will use those portals as weapons against returning webslingers Miles Morales (Shameik Moore) and Gwen Stacy (Hailee Steinfeld), while bringing new heroes from across the Spider-Verse like Spider-Man 2099 (Oscar Isaac) and Jessica Drew (Issa Rae) into the fray.

On 4/26/2022 at 5:38 PM, Bosco685 said:

Am I the one who doesn't get the 'thing' with the pregnant version of that character? Marvel's got a weird thing with it. I'd rather she just either have kids or not (I'd prefer not, but I'm just a believer that kids get in the way of most comic stories, with the exception of some Fantastic Four). 

On 6/14/2022 at 9:24 AM, Bosco685 said:

I kept reading that as 'Gwen Stacy'. I was thinking 'damn, he IS multitalented.'

New merchandise for the film may have given fans a small clue as to what Across the Spider-verse will be about. The Hasbro toy, an action-figure of the Marvel character The Spot, traditionally a villain to both Spider-Man and Daredevil, was spotted in a Canadian Walmart and shared by Instagram user TOYSHIZ. On the back of the packaging, the toy description describes the villain in the early stages of his journey. A small line on the box explains: "If The Spot can realize the true power of his abilities, he could become a threat to the entire universe." According to the comics, the Spot has the ability to open up interdimensional portals, even over his own body, that allow him to commit crimes in multiple universes.