• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPIDER-MAN: ACROSS THE SPIDER-VERSE PART 1 (2022)
3 3

358 posts in this topic

On 5/31/2023 at 8:48 PM, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

I have yet to see a single negative review or anything close to a negative review.  This makes my spidey-sense tingle.

***I'm scared cause we can't agree on ANYTHING

Good point.  I'm seeing this tomorrow, I don't think it will disappoint. 

Just bought the first part on Apple TV. Gonna watch this again tonight. I don't know how they could ever top the first movie but sounds like they did from everyone I know who has seen this. Glad we're getting at least three of these, hopefully more.

On 6/1/2023 at 6:54 PM, goldust40 said:

Just went to see Spider-Man: Across The Spiderverse at a gala screening in Leicester Square.

All in all I would say that this is the best Marvel movie.

^^

On 5/30/2023 at 5:38 AM, Beige said:

I cleared my store of UF #4's as well. 9.4's, 9.6's, 9.8's - all sold.

Thanks Heavens for MM - been a dry spell for movie comics.

Guess its YMMV. My 9 4s, 9.6s and 9.8s are just sitting at GPA 12 month prices unsold so I guess those prices are too high or no one has seen the listings yet. 

I just finished seeing it with the family. My wife really liked it and she's not a big Marvel movie fan. My young kids thought it was ok but didnt like the ending. In my conservative opinion it was pretty good and a good follow up from the 1st one. My only gripes are

1. The animation and action sequences are so fast paced and take a little getting used to and can easily miss some of the easter eggs and details. I found myself straining my eyes at some times to catch everything going on. Gonna have to watch it a few times to catch everything.

2.The primary plot vehicle.  Nothing revealing but just wanted to hide it in case you feel it might ruin it for you.

Spoiler

The focus on the spider-verse (movie title) as the primary plot vehicle goes too deep and treads a line at risk of painting future movies into a corner with too many rules while also making virtually anything possible.

3. No end-credit scenes other than

Spoiler

a mid credit blurb that Miles Morales will Return

4. The ending for reasons you'll understand but may disagree with me when you watch it for yourself.

now for what I liked:

I did like all the comic references, the Easter eggs, the nostalgia.

It was pretty funny, had a lot of emotion, builds up several of the characters so I can totally see some spin-offs.

Some interesting possibilities where this movie could take things.

Miles character and development.

The main villain

The follow-up on some of the characters from the 1st movie.

It's definitely worth seeing on the big screen. Oh and I got a cool movie poster for seeing it on opening night.

Just came back from seeing it and wow I was impressed.  I don't think it was good as the first one but really really close.  I had some minor plot points that I didn't really understand but it really would be just nitpicking.  Overall see this movie if you're on the fence it's worth it. I'm going 9/10 on this.  I might have to rewatch it in the theatres again (I'm cheap so this is a big deal for me).

Edited by thegiftedone45