• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPIDER-MAN: ACROSS THE SPIDER-VERSE PART 1 (2022)
3 3

358 posts in this topic

On 6/4/2023 at 9:29 PM, Tnexus said:

Loved it, my only complaint was some of the audio was really bad in my screening. Apparently this is not just an isolated screening incident. I couldn't understand pretty much any of what Gwen was saying when she was narrating. It was a Dolby Atmos screening too that felt like I was missing the whole right audio channel.

Same with my screening. Missed so much dialogue. 

On 6/4/2023 at 4:10 AM, Bosco685 said:

Not to worry. From your expert predictions, this is an 80's animation style that will release on PBS, the CW and ABC. All these forumite reviews are a fabrication to build excitement for the nostalgic VHS and Beta Max release.

:baiting:

:cheers:

lol! i put that guy on ignore years ago and my experience here is so much better.

saw the movie today with my son and we loved it. no audio problems. perhaps the most creative animation ever in the modern era. a bit overlong, but really a great ride. we cannot wait for the conclusion. i expect it to break records. 

On 6/5/2023 at 11:54 PM, StillOnly25Cents said:

https://collider.com/spider-man-across-the-spider-verse-audio-issues-phil-lord-comments/

and yes, I was "bothered" by the audio issues at my IMAX showing as well

That is great that he is trying to help the theaters and what not, but if this isn't a singular issue (which it doesn't seem to be since the producer is telling fans and theaters how to fix it), shouldn't this have been caught before it went out?

I saw it in Dolby. I have a hearing disability & didn't care for the high volume levels. I attributed the bits of inaudible dialogue to both my bad hearing & the high volume. However, my lady friend & son both noted bits of inaudible dialogue. When I next see it, it'll be with captions, my standard way of viewing stuff. 

On 6/5/2023 at 8:41 PM, alexgross.com said:

lol! i put that guy on ignore years ago and my experience here is so much better.

saw the movie today with my son and we loved it. no audio problems. perhaps the most creative animation ever in the modern era. a bit overlong, but really a great ride. we cannot wait for the conclusion. i expect it to break records. 

lol Yet you still seem ro know every time I post.  

And you block everybody who challenges you on your batty "white page" comic fixation.  hm

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

On 6/6/2023 at 9:29 AM, TupennyConan said:

I saw it in Dolby. I have a hearing disability & didn't care for the high volume levels. I attributed the bits of inaudible dialogue to both my bad hearing & the high volume. However, my lady friend & son both noted bits of inaudible dialogue. When I next see it, it'll be with captions, my standard way of viewing stuff. 

The theater I frequent claims they have "Closed Captions" for the movies they show, and I think I read somewhere that it's like a tablet that they'll give you to accompany the movie. I've never tried it. Does your local theater have that option? (Has anyone reading this tried it before?)

EDIT: found a YouTube of someone using it...

Edited by valiantman

On 6/6/2023 at 1:29 PM, valiantman said:

The theater I frequent claims they have "Closed Captions" for the movies they show, and I think I read somewhere that it's like a tablet that they'll give you to accompany the movie. I've never tried it. Does your local theater have that option? (Has anyone reading this tried it before?)

EDIT: found a YouTube of someone using it...

My local AMC offers 'open caption', meaning on screen subtitles, for some movies, typically the big blockbusters, which are the films I prefer in theater. As for the device handouts, I dunno. It might. 

On 6/5/2023 at 5:33 PM, Juno Beach said:

Same with my screening. Missed so much dialogue. 

I had the same problem but I watched it at a regular screening. Went to talk to the staff twice about it and nothing was improved. It was very noticeable in the first Spider Gwen act before the credits. Everything was muddled and barely noticeable. Can't help but think they would do even better numbers if this wasn't a thing. 

On 6/7/2023 at 6:58 PM, awakeintheashes said:

Really cool to see the animation changes throughout and oftentimes to fit the mood of the scene. The scene between Gwen and Captain Stacy towards the end really stands out. Really ambitious but done so in a way that wasn’t, “hey look at us. We are being ambitious.” It just worked. 

i thought exactly the same thing in this scene! a gorgeous mix of watercolor effects, dripping paint, evolving color palette, style of characters, and all in service of the emotions in the scene. 

how they were able to integrate different styles of animation throughout the film so well was truly amazing to see. the first film has already been oft imitated stylistically by other animated films like 'puss in boots 2' and 'mario bros movie' and i expect this one to be even more influential visually. 

On 6/8/2023 at 10:15 AM, alexgross.com said:

i expect this one to be even more influential visually. 

I hope so. The different styles of animation on the screen simultaneously was just beautiful.  And each style served its purpose. Ex: Spider-Punk's animation style fit him perfectly. 

On 6/7/2023 at 8:58 PM, awakeintheashes said:

Saw it this afternoon with my son and loved it. Definitely the Empire Strikes Back of the trilogy.  

No issues with the sound at my theatre (cinemark xd). 

Really cool to see the animation changes throughout and oftentimes to fit the mood of the scene. The scene between Gwen and Captain Stacy towards the end really stands out. Really ambitious but done so in a way that wasn’t, “hey look at us. We are being ambitious.” It just worked. 

it was very ambitious and it pulled it off. great visual storytelling