• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPIDER-MAN: ACROSS THE SPIDER-VERSE PART 1 (2022)
3 3

356 posts in this topic

I'm so excited for these sequels. I was super ambivalent about the first film, I just didn't care about it at all. Then I finally watched it out of 'duty' and it totally blew me away. Great animation style, fun story, very good voice-acting, it had it all. I was shocked. 

I rewatched - much better 2nd time around - no idea why I was 50/50 about it first time arond.

Really good film

If the second one 'matures' the animation as the movie goes on until they look almost real - anyone think that flesh and blood human actors will play out the final scene?

Meaning - yes - we finally get a look at a real-life Miles Morales and Spider-Gwen.

And while Lord and Miller failed to confirm whether No Way Home stars Zendaya and Tom Holland would be in the film after expressing interest (which hopefully means we could be on the right track with that hunch), they did reveal something else about the direction of the upcoming film. While we knew from a brief trailer that Miles would be visiting other universes — and running into Oscar Isaac’s Miguel O’Hara — the directors revealed that each universe will be as distinct as its characters, with different animation styles corresponding to each branch of the multiverse, according to Miller:

“It is, as Phil said, a very ambitious sequel, because we didn’t want to just sort of do the same thing again. And so the idea that we’d be going to different dimensions really opened up an opportunity artistically to have each world have its own art style, and to be able to push the folks at ImageWorks to develop a way to have each dimension feel like it was drawn by a different artist’s hand. Seeing the development of that stuff is breathtaking, and really, it’s the reason we keep doing it, because it’s so hard to get it right.”

Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse star Shameik Moore is teasing that an "insane" sequel is coming fans' way. In no uncertain terms, Moore put up a Twitter post conveying the following concise but-resonant claim: "Across The Spiderverse is INSANE 🙌🏾". Given the premise of the upcoming sequel to the Oscar-winning Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse animated movie, that's a pretty big statement from Moore. Could Across the Spider-Verse (Part One) end up being a more mind-bending adventure through the Marvel Multiverse than even Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness? 

But hey: why choose when you can celebrate a year where we're getting BOTH! 

‘Spider-Man: Across The Spider-Verse’ Heads To Summer 2023

Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse (Sony Pictures Animation/Columbia Pictures) – June 2, 2023 (from October 7, 2022)

Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Part II – March 29, 2024

Edited by paperheart