• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

7,948 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Mr. Lady Luck said:

The auction has begun. Bidding on the 9.4 SF Cap #1 is currently at $0...

Going once...

Going twice...

Untitled-1.jpg

:takeit: at $20 (BP)

wrap it up !

Edited by Gotham Kid

10 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:
17 minutes ago, Mr. Lady Luck said:

The auction has begun. Bidding on the 9.4 SF Cap #1 is currently at $0...

Going once...

Going twice...

Untitled-1.jpg

:takeit: at $20 (BP)

wrap it up !

No, wrap it up now since I've got the winning bid in now at the ball busting amount of $230 and can't afford to go up another single on this book.

Especially since I now am leading in all of the other GA keys with a high bid of $1.00 or an outrageous 10 times original cover price.  :takeit:

What is this world coming to as I am now going to have to speak to my banker about getting a loan for all of these books.  lol

Edited by lou_fine

On 7/9/2019 at 7:33 PM, lou_fine said:

Well, well, well.................this book here definitely looks very enticing to me:

Golden Age (1938-1955):Superhero, Startling Comics #10 Mile High Pedigree (Better Publicatio...

Especially since ANY copy of this seemingly HTF key GA book hardly ever makes its way into the marketplace, let alone the Church copy.  :cloud9:

What a beautiful copy.

If only it had anyone other than the Fighting Yank as the featured character.

Just seeing that dude is an incredible turn off.

1 hour ago, circumstances said:

What a beautiful copy.

If only it had anyone other than the Fighting Yank as the featured character.

Just seeing that dude is an incredible turn off.

Yes, I still remember back in the day when Overstreet used to have both Exciting 9 and Startling 10 with the same valuations in his price guide.  

Definitely not the case anymore, although it would appear that the Exciting 9 should be a lot easier to find since it has almost twice as many copies in the census report as compared to the Startling 10.  

31 minutes ago, tth2 said:

Is it just me or is there a ton of recycled stuff in this auction?  Even more than a normal Heritage auction.  And from very recent auctions.

And I'm not complaining about this, I'm just trying to figure out why so many books would re-appear in the signature auction for the third time within 12 - 16 months. (shrug)

4 hours ago, Mr. Lady Luck said:
4 hours ago, tth2 said:

Is it just me or is there a ton of recycled stuff in this auction?  Even more than a normal Heritage auction.  And from very recent auctions.

I noticed this too.

What I noticed is that the Tandano Corporation must have figured that they had waited long enough and are now trying to get out from under these books, as I noticed quite a few of the big books are being auctioned off on their behalf.  hm

4 hours ago, Mr. Lady Luck said:

And I'm not complaining about this, I'm just trying to figure out why so many books would re-appear in the signature auction for the third time within 12 - 16 months. (shrug)

Yeah, I wonder the same thing. Stuff going on that I assume you have to be on the inside to understand. I don't keep track of them closely enough to give more than a vague impression but it appears far more often than not the flipper (or re-flipper or re-re-flipper) is losing money assuming he's having to pay at least some fees, not to mention the sales tax (unless he has the dealer tax waiver thing).