• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

8,076 posts in this topic

On 2/1/2022 at 2:33 AM, MrBedrock said:
On 2/1/2022 at 2:32 AM, Gotham Kid said:

you broke my stride

Oops. My bad 

No worries Richard. Just joking. Thanks for the additional info. Good to know at least 2 HG copies in TX

Edited by Gotham Kid

On 2/1/2022 at 4:37 AM, Professor K said:

Oh wow. Do you know if the other 9.0 is a Pedigree? 

My mistake, the Allentown 9.0 does NOT belong to Eric Roberts. The second 9.0 (also 1st gen label) does. Hence my confusion.

Eric Roberts' copy is NOT a pedigree.

https://www.cgccomics.com/certlookup/0038923017/

Edited by Gotham Kid

On 1/31/2022 at 10:29 AM, sagii said:

Think it will cross 10k, but we'll see.

Gino do you think it's rarer than Wonderworld #31 or about the same? War angle certainly gives it a higher profile than WW31 so more 'desireable'? 

To answer that question is tough…if we go by STRICTLY census then indeed Wonderworld #31 would best US Jones #2 in terms of rarity but it’s neck and neck. USJ2 has 5 total copies 4 Blue and 1 restored. Wonderworld 31 has only 4 total graded copies all Blue. A fellow boardie and I own 2 of the 4. What is interesting is aside from the Mile High which is a gorgeous 9.0 the second highest graded is a 2.5 🤯 then my 2.0. Both are crazy rare yes   

On 1/31/2022 at 11:18 AM, lou_fine said:

Well, if you include the Heritage BP juice which is always included in the final price, it was already sitting at $10,200 as of yesterday.  :gossip:

Did you see where it finished at tonight!! WHOA!!! $21,600 Late Fox book getting some major Love!! 

9A564995-ACFD-46E2-A031-F3DD10D875A9.jpeg

On 1/31/2022 at 11:09 PM, gino2paulus2 said:

I’m case anyone was curious what Wonderworld #31 looks like here is my copy I think it presents well enough and has nice PQ. 3rd highest graded (of 4) 🤣 It’s one I have always been surprised isn’t on more want lists. Personal taste aside it’s got the monsters, the bondage, the cool color pallete heck it’s even got Rivets for those early Planet lovers out there hehe!!

07B5076D-E3E3-478B-B566-9ABD203661E8.jpeg

What a cool book. One, I have never seen and probably wouldn’t have if you hadn’t posted it. Thanks Gino! 

Obscure Fox titles are on fire.  Although not at the level of US Jones #2, V-Comics #1 and #2 also made strong showings bringing in, respectively, 5x Guide (despite brittle pages) and 9x Guide.

V-Comics #1 (Fox Features Syndicate, 1942) CGC GD 2.0 Brittle | Lot #19844 | Heritage Auctions (ha.com)

V-Comics #2 (Fox Features Syndicate, 1942) CGC VG/FN 5.0 Off-white | Lot #19845 | Heritage Auctions (ha.com)

On 2/4/2022 at 4:05 PM, JimButlerGA said:

I couldn’t resist that V2. First I’ve seen for sale. It presents very well for the grade I think. And it has the girl!

Gino has committed to trade me his US 2 for my collection of 50s Lassie comics. We just have to agree on a date and place to swap. 🐕

1849BFDE-0694-4C96-89A7-99A90B8AB1B0.jpeg

Amazing book Jim! :golfclap: so rare!

That's very nice of Gino lol

Edited by sagii

On 2/15/2022 at 11:37 AM, lou_fine said:

Almost afraid to ask, but given the certification environment we now seem to find ourselves stuck in, what was the prior grade on this gorgeous SF copy of Cap 1?  hm

Based on my quick scan of the book, I would conclude it has reached “maximum grade”.

On 2/15/2022 at 1:52 PM, batman_fan said:

Based on my quick scan of the book, I would conclude it has reached “maximum grade”.

PROMISE

always a cool book.  I wanted Tec 1-26 at one point long ago.  Thats a feat very few have accomplished in any grade!  But, they weren't that cheap, and usually in low grade, and so few people go after them, so as the Eightball sez:  "the future is cloudy"  But definitely a cool book to have and esoteric stuff like this has been doing well of late.