• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

8,077 posts in this topic

On 7/21/2019 at 2:49 PM, Gotham Kid said:
On 7/21/2019 at 2:48 PM, Mr. Lady Luck said:

It will reach 1 million.

My guess just below 1 Mil but not too far off ...

$915,000.00 (w/ BP)

Edited by Gotham Kid

1 minute ago, Crowzilla said:

I guess Human Torch #1 has officially joined the Adventure #72 club as a key on the decline. 8.0 guide now is 10% less than it was 14 years ago and the one today still brought well under guide.

It would have gone higher if the time between closing notification and closed weren’t so darn fast.  I was just getting ready to bid on it. :cry:

2 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

Anyone win anything yet ?

Also 90K for TMNT. WTF.

As big a proponent of this book as I am, I have to wonder if this sale actually goes through, or if it isn’t some sort of attempted market manipulation.  Maybe someone who owns 100 copies winning his own book to try and drive up the value himself.

5 minutes ago, quicksilver said:

Superman # 1 in 6.5 Mod/Ext for me...well pleased with that hammer, less than the last CC 6.0 copy.

Well done Richard !

I figured you'd take it over the (dirtier) 4.0 copy ( that didn't end too far off from the 6.5)

Edited by Gotham Kid

42 minutes ago, Crowzilla said:

I guess Human Torch #1 has officially joined the Adventure #72 club as a key on the decline. 8.0 guide now is 10% less than it was 14 years ago and the one today still brought well under guide.

Selling for close to 40% less than same grade copies did in 2004/2005. As for Adv. #72, hasn't that pretty much always been overvalued by OSPG?

9 minutes ago, rjpb said:

Selling for close to 40% less than same grade copies did in 2004/2005. As for Adv. #72, hasn't that pretty much always been overvalued by OSPG?

It’s odd how hot Caps are, yet how cold Subby, Torch and MMCs are.  The San Francisco MMCs in today’s heritage auction only went for 2 to 3 x Guide, and non-pedigrees are in the doldrums 

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

36 minutes ago, quicksilver said:

Superman # 1 in 6.5 Mod/Ext for me...well pleased with that hammer, less than the last CC 6.0 copy.

I tried for the 4.0 but it went a tad too high. The 6.0 looked like a great buy!

5 minutes ago, AnkurJ said:

I tried for the 4.0 but it went a tad too high. The 6.0 looked like a great buy!

There's a LOT of restored copies of Supes1 out there Ankur. You'll land one. (thumbsu

Edited by Gotham Kid

Central Valley Detectives:

44 9.4 $18,600 - just about right imo

46 9.6 $22,800 - thought kinda low ( was expecting high 20s low 30s)

56 9.2 $19,200 - WTF ? :screwy: Considering there's a 9.8

59 9.0 $5,280 - strong price

Edited by Gotham Kid