• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

7,948 posts in this topic

38 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

It’s odd how hot Caps are, yet how cold Subby, Torch and MMCs are.  The San Francisco MMCs in today’s heritage auction only went for 2 to 3 x Guide, and non-pedigrees are in the doldrums 

Both Subby and Torch (the FF version) are virtually guaranteed to be in the MCU within the next lustrum* give or take, and thence to be much more in the public eye.  

*5 years (but when you say "lustrum" it sounds so much more authoritative)

Edited by bluechip

51 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

It’s odd how hot Caps are, yet how cold Subby, Torch and MMCs are.  The San Francisco MMCs in today’s heritage auction only went for 2 to 3 x Guide, and non-pedigrees are in the doldrums 

How do ya figure that? Guide on the MMC #52 is $4900 and it sold for $28,800. Pretty sure that's over 5.8 times guide!(thumbsu

44 minutes ago, Timely said:

How do ya figure that? Guide on the MMC #52 is $4900 and it sold for $28,800. Pretty sure that's over 5.8 times guide!(thumbsu

That's funny. Truly, I got overbid on the 47 and immediately left Heritage without watching the rest . . .

Maybe my ratios are low, but that's what it seemed like.  Regardless, MMCs are cold, IMO

:slapfight:

Although I will say my 40 and 44 did well in the last CC auction.  To my knowledge, if it ain't 1, 40,44, or 46, it gets ignored.  You know, I really would not have my feelings hurt if I was told I was wrong, though.

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

....Amazing Man 22 is a phenomenon.  New high on low to mid grade copies everytime it comes to auction.

I used to 'hear' that it was one collector that had snatched most of them up in past auctions, don't know if that's still the case...

3 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

The 9.0 Four Color 9 was a nice deal at $10,800.

I wish I was in buying mode right now. I would have definitely snagged that one. 

Well under guide, I think. FC 9 is a funny book (a funny funny book?). It's been a laggard for quite a while now. Combination, imo, of Barks having faded a bit, not a great cover (which isn't by Barks), not all Barks on the story, not a great story, and not a particularly scarce book. Still, that was a low price. I'd also have bid it up if I were in buying mode, which I'm also not. 

1 hour ago, AnkurJ said:

Outbid by one increment on the Supes 14. The Seven Seas 4 was a strong result!

That surprised me. I owned that book at one point. Sold it when I upgraded. I both bought it and sold it for a lot less than it went for today. One of my favorite GA covers and my favorite Baker non-romance cover. I think this shows again that SS 4 does much better in the market than does SS 6, although I know there are some boardies who prefer 6 to 4. 

26 minutes ago, MustEatBrains said:

Someone got a really great deal on the tec 37 4.0.  I thought that was going much higher than the hammer. 

Absolutely ! Granted it has "issues", even for a 4.0

Edited by Gotham Kid

22 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

That's funny. Truly, I got overbid on the 47 and immediately left Heritage without watching the rest . . .

Maybe my ratios are low, but that's what it seemed like.  Regardless, MMCs are cold, IMO

:slapfight:

Although I will say my 40 and 44 did well in the last CC auction.  To my knowledge, if it ain't 1, 40,44, or 46, it gets ignored.  You know, I really would not have my feelings hurt if I was told I was wrong, though.

:bigsmile:

Edited by Timely

4 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

AS8 in mid-grade has really come down ...

Indeed, because there are so many of them available to choose from in the open market.  The CGC 5.0 HA copy that sold too was pretty darn ugly as well with all that color touch removal.  Not a fan at all, I'm sure most would feel the same.  

In any case, if I am still a bigger fan of Sensation 1 over AS 8 and WW1.  Just a much better cover than the other two and the hardest to come by for sale.

Funny how I didn't receive any email notifications regarding the auction ending today.  Glad I didn't see any books that are must needs for me or else I would've been pissed! Also, if I was a consignor I didn't like how the auction ended early during a work day.  I'm sure there are some bidders who missed out on bidding on a few books.

4 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

I would respectively disagree when it comes to certain single digit Marvel Mystery issues :sumo:

Edited by Primetime