ComicLink's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
9 9

492 posts in this topic

Much like we have one for ComicConnect and Heritage, we should have one for ComicLink.

I like the idea of having all discussions bundled into a single thread. Makes things so much easier to research later on.

We can kick this thread off with ComicLink Summer Featured Auction 2019

Edited by Gotham Kid
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, lou_fine said:

Any highlights that you've noticed so far, since I am usually too lazy to go through the CL auctions?  hm

They only have 3 pages up (so far) for their upcoming Summer Featured Auction :whistle:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, batman_fan said:
2 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

RAD943282019624_144029.jpg

 

:whatthe:  So much amazing stuff hitting the market.  Will it all be absorbed at top price?

Since this book doesn't come to market too often, I guess this is another opportunity to see if this book really still deserves to be sitting at #4 in Overstreet's Top 100 Chart?  hm

Well, there's a good possibilty it'll be surpassed by Batman #1 when the new guide hits next month, but personally there's a few other books I would still put higher than AA 16, even though I do love its supposed rarity relative to the other big keys.  (thumbsu

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Since this book doesn't come to market too often, I guess this is another opportunity to see if this book really still deserves to be sitting at #4 in Overstreet's Top 100 Chart?  hm

In one fell swoop, you have a Universal (ComicLink), Conserved (HA) and Restored (HA) copy all being offered at the same time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:
35 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Since this book doesn't come to market too often, I guess this is another opportunity to see if this book really still deserves to be sitting at #4 in Overstreet's Top 100 Chart?  hm

In one fell swoop, you have a Universal (ComicLink), Conserved (HA) and Restored (HA) copy all being offered at the same time.

Well, I guess it's as common as dirt like Cap 1 which apparently also has quite a few copies coming up in this next set of major auctions.  (thumbsu

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, lou_fine said:

Well, I guess it's as common as dirt like Cap 1

Wouldn't say that as you don't see AA 16 all that often but this is a good time for whomever is looking for a copy. Additionally there is one for all budgets.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:
17 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Well, I guess it's as common as dirt like Cap 1

Wouldn't say that as you don't see AA 16 all that often but this is a good time for whomever is looking for a copy. Additionally there is one for all budgets.

Gee, and I went all the way to my back yard garden to dig up a big pile of dirt just now.  lol

You mean it's not going to get me one of those AA 16's, not even the restored one?  Maybe I should try for one of those common as dirt Cap 1's then.  Especially since I got my low quality compost for free from the landfill last month when they were giving it away on the weekends.  (thumbsu

Hmm.................free compost for GA books.  Sounds like a good deal to me.  :takeit:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

RAD943282019624_144029.jpg

 

DCE70C61-9D71-48E1-9D82-15D0AD7F0F2F.jpeg.eaf34ea503a7274a63957a11091a7e36.jpeg

 

I hate looking at scans anymore. Heritage pops their colors and Comic Link makes things look muted.

I buy regularly from both and know the scans aren’t reality but it really adds to the stress of not knowing if the book is going to look better or worse than the scans since colors vary oh so much on golden age books. The above being the same book, same grade, completely different appearance...O.o

Edited by N e r V
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

My question is do they find "forever homes" or just end up in foster care hm

If Ricksneatstuff ever gets his hands on one I’d say it’s more like a one night stand...:devil:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

when's the last time you sent saw a 15c cover to a book from 1940 ?

and that cover :x

RAD43BD32019611_125121.jpg

 

6 minutes ago, circumstances said:

I'm bidding extra because it has a "full page ad for All Star Comics #1"!!!

And you forgot to add it’s got ads for not only All Star comics #1 but also  1940 NY Worlds Fair!

(even though it’s just a cheap Canadian knock off and not a true variant...:devil:)

Edited by N e r V
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, N e r V said:

 

And you forgot to add it’s got ads for not only All Star comics #1 and 1940 NY Worlds Fair!

(even though it’s just a cheap Canadian knock off and not a true variant...:devil:)

I was talking about the AA 16. Funny it was out the same time as that 'Tec.

 

I can understand when a lesser book has a full page ad for a huge book. But notating a huge book has a full page ad for a much lesser book is just weird to me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
9 9