• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicLink's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
6 6

492 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, gino2paulus2 said:

There are a few real rarites in this auction that hardly ever come to market. That’s the stuff I gravitate towards and I am rather impressed with quite a few of the books this auction has to offer honestly.  

Good luck in your bidding Gino !

6 minutes ago, SkyJuice said:

Is there anyway to tag a book? Like to add Batman #2 to my watchlist.

Only way I know of is to put a small "tracking" bid on the item once the auction starts. Then it shows up in your bid items list for easy access.

Edited by bc

On 8/3/2019 at 5:13 AM, gino2paulus2 said:

Thanks brother!!!!! I will probably only be a tracker but ya never know!! This is the stuff that excites me check out this offering I kick myself every day for not bidding more on Jon Berks copy when it hit the market. Blue Ribbon 19 there are still less than 10 copies on the census. Very tough book with a sweet hero/horror Captain Flag cover. 

906BE86C-667E-407F-80CD-0D74CBD78547.jpeg

That one’s so got your name on it, Gino!

7 hours ago, october said:
On 8/3/2019 at 2:13 AM, gino2paulus2 said:

I kick myself every day for not bidding more on Jon Berks copy when it hit the market. 

You aren't the only one. 

Unfortunately, that's what happens and is also totally expected to happen when a collection of that size and significance gets placed into the market all in one shot.

The individual books usually don't end up going for top dollar because there is just so much that the bidders need to spread their money between a lot more lots than what they would do in a normal auction. hm

Although you can definitely pick up some books at less than the going rate, you also end up passing or missing out on books that you would normally make a much more aggressive push for if it was a regular auction with fewer quality books.  :(

Well, if they are done with their posting, it looks like they now have a total of 47 pages in total or close to 2,350 books in total.

I guess another highlight would be this copy of Startling Comics #49:

RADD84C0201981_115537.jpg

Doubt it'll be able to hit six figures like the Church copy did back in 2016. 

Might stand a chance of hitting the $64K mark though which another CGC 9.6 graded copy was able to fetch last year during one of the CC auctions.  hm

Although having a total of 4 copies in this current highest graded CGC 9.6 condition level might make it a bit tougher to do. (shrug)

58 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Well, if they are done with their posting, it looks like they now have a total of 47 pages in total or close to 2,350 books in total.

I guess another highlight would be this copy of Startling Comics #49:

RADD84C0201981_115537.jpg

Doubt it'll be able to hit six figures like the Church copy did back in 2016. 

Might stand a chance of hitting the $64K mark though which another CGC 9.6 graded copy was able to fetch last year during one of the CC auctions.  hm

Although having a total of 4 copies in this current highest graded CGC 9.6 condition level might make it a bit tougher to do. (shrug)

When I see books like this at such a high grade that are not peds, my sense is there were other books in this collection and not just a solitary or a few books.  It just makes me wonder if so what were the other books and were they preserved like this one.  But I guess this could be a one off or the best of the batch if there were others.

6 hours ago, telerites said:

When I see books like this at such a high grade that are not peds, my sense is there were other books in this collection and not just a solitary or a few books.  It just makes me wonder if so what were the other books and were they preserved like this one.  But I guess this could be a one off or the best of the batch if there were others.

Well, it looks like there were at least 2 other books from this consignor that were graded at the same time.  :gossip:

The Spidey 1 came in with a CGC grade of 7.0 while the Daredevil 1 came in at CGC 9.4.