• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wachowskis' THE MATRIX 4 starring Keanu Reeves (5/21/21)
4 4

462 posts in this topic

On 9/14/2021 at 12:55 PM, Bosco685 said:

But is it just repurposing the same concept from the original movie, or following through on the concept shared by The Architect how the Matrix functions?

So since we can assume the Matrix has been rebooted, could this then by why Neo as a reset character is going through the same learning events again at this stage? Maybe. We won't know all the details until the full movie is released. But my assumption is this is most probably what is occurring.

That would be possible if he was the same age.  He is not.

On 9/14/2021 at 12:51 PM, kav said:

Lets agree to go by the most unbiased method I can think of-rotten tomatoes audience score.

You’re actually joking right? Serious question. But if you’re serious, I would recommend Metacritic for an unbiased decent sample size.

On 9/14/2021 at 3:56 PM, kav said:

That would be possible if he was the same age.  He is not.

I think you may be assuming that though.

If we consider the Matrix has reset, the only reason the original Neo was much younger could come down to when he was awakened from his link to the Matrix. Not because he had reached a designated age. So in Matrix 4 possibly this Neo isn't becoming aware until much later in life.

See the difference?

On 9/14/2021 at 1:47 PM, Bosco685 said:

I think you may be assuming that though.

If we consider the Matrix has reset, the only reason the original Neo was much younger could come down to when he was awakened from his link to the Matrix. Not because he had reached a designated age. So in Matrix 4 possibly this Neo isn't becoming aware until much later in life.

See the difference?

except it has reset countless times and hould have been an old codger long ago tho.

On 9/14/2021 at 4:48 PM, kav said:

except it has reset countless times and hould have been an old codger long ago tho.

It has reset 6 times, which if you had gotten a chance to watch the videos I included you may catch this. He says it more than once. So 'countless' has a parameter range.

And we only see the first film Neo at that sixth reset. Not every Neo. So it is not clear what he looked like the five previous times.

See the difference?

On 9/14/2021 at 1:55 PM, Bosco685 said:

It has reset 6 times, which if you had gotten a chance to watch the videos I included you may catch this. He says it more than once. So 'countless' has a parameter range.

And we only see the first film Neo at that sixth reset. Not every Neo. So it is not clear what he looked like the five previous times.

See the difference?

6 resets of a 30 year old works out to he should be 180 years old tho.

Edited by kav

Anyway all of this hair splitting is irrelevant-the movie is either good or a dud.  i say its a dud, but i will be happy if I am wrong.  I dont root for bad movies I'm just jaded.

On 9/14/2021 at 4:57 PM, kav said:

6 resets of a 30 year old works out to he should be 180 years old tho.

Are you teasing me? Are you assuming they took the same human and inserted him back into the Matrix each time versus he is reborn?

On 9/14/2021 at 5:02 PM, kav said:

Anyway all of this hair splitting is irrelevant-the movie is either good or a dud.  i say its a dud, but i will be happy if I am wrong.  I dont root for bad movies I'm just jaded.

Hair-splitting? I hate to say this, but I'm concerned you didn't even watch the original movie.

The Architect at 00:55 outlines Neo's five predecessors failed due to their character design. Did you not know that versus assuming the character is plugged back into the Matrix?

On 9/14/2021 at 1:28 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:
On 9/14/2021 at 1:25 PM, valiantman said:

I covered that when I said: 

:foryou:

Now, if Will Farrell was in The Matrix 4, I would have more faith. He doesn't do sequels that he doesn't believe in.

We've seen Neil Patrick Harris already, so perhaps Neo is going to have to once again get through the doorway... but this time... it's to White Castle.

On 9/14/2021 at 2:14 PM, Bosco685 said:

Hair-splitting? I hate to say this, but I'm concerned you didn't even watch the original movie.

The Architect at 00:55 outlines Neo's five predecessors failed due to their character design. Did you not know that versus assuming the character is plugged back into the Matrix?

I watched matrix 2 and 3 long ago and only once because they are duds so have not memorized them or anything but if a dud movie's explanation can make another movie not a dud i would be surprised.

On 9/14/2021 at 5:33 PM, kav said:

I watched matrix 2 and 3 long ago and only once because they are duds so have not memorized them or anything but if a dud movie's explanation can make another movie not a dud i would be surprised.

Well yeah. Because by the time Matrix 4 comes out Neo is 180 years old. 'Action' ain't in the cards.

matrix.gif.3e31eac4e81ae490bacb9cb7cc90e946.gif

:baiting:

Look there's no reason to keep hammering me on this-I'm either right or wrong.  It happens.  Arguing about it now is pointless.  I think the movie will be a dud and historically the further a sequel, the more the dud so it's not like I'm being outlandish.

On 9/14/2021 at 5:41 PM, kav said:

Look there's no reason to keep hammering me on this-I'm either right or wrong.  It happens.  Arguing about it now is pointless.  I think the movie will be a dud and historically the further a sequel, the more the dud so it's not like I'm being outlandish.

Who is arguing? I was offering up an alternate view to your assumptions. Which then led to a realization part of your disconnect may be you are not aware of how the story ended before Matrix 4.

It may be worth it for you to revisit them. Then at least you can gauge the true quality of the new movie, and how it builds upon the trilogy foundation.

On 9/14/2021 at 2:43 PM, Bosco685 said:

Who is arguing? I was offering up an alternate view to your assumptions. Which then led to a realization part of your disconnect may be you are not aware of how the story ended before Matrix 4.

It may be worth it for you to revisit them. Then at least you can gauge the true quality of the new movie, and how it builds upon the trilogy foundation.

I dont think like rewatching Home alone 2,3,4,and 5 would help me to see that Home alone 6 is good tho-

On 9/14/2021 at 5:46 PM, kav said:

I dont think like rewatching Home alone 2,3,4,and 5 would help me to see that Home alone 6 is good tho-

But you didn't even know part of Neo's backstory is he has been reborn 6 times (now it will be 7). And with that his awareness and influences change.

Not that you need to appreciate these movies. That's okay too. But part of your mindset toward the film is you are not even aware of how the trilogy played out.