• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wachowskis' THE MATRIX 4 starring Keanu Reeves (5/21/21)
4 4

462 posts in this topic

On 12/26/2021 at 6:13 PM, fastballspecial said:

As much as I enjoyed seeing Neo and Trinity again. This movie was not good. 
The action scenes were disappointing. 

No sense of risk, drama, rooting for anyone-nuthin.
Just videogame scenes.  Pretty bad when you cant wait for an action scene to be over.

The first part of the movie really could have been the focus on the entire film, as it was playing with the exact same narrative idea as Wes' Cravens New Nightmare - unfortunately in this case they wrapped up that idea half way through the movie and then it just became a generic Matrix sequel (with the only real standout scenes being any Neo/Trinity interaction...either in the shop or on the bike when focused more on their relationship). 

Also more Chad. That was just perfection in every way (fully meta, meme terminology, IRL friendships, movie references etc...)

On 12/25/2021 at 9:30 PM, ▫️ said:

I’m really surprised that I loved this cover to RATM’s Wake Up. This is the version that plays at the end of Resurrections and its equally as hard hitting.

Having heard her for the first time in the Resurrections credits, I decided to YouTube her to see more. DO NOT DO THIS. lol

(Some of you are now opening YouTube in another tab - I did warn you) 

On 12/26/2021 at 6:13 PM, fastballspecial said:

As much as I enjoyed seeing Neo and Trinity again. This movie was not good. 
The action scenes were disappointing. 

gee, what a surprise. clearly the nostalgia factor is what drew the audience to this "film." the wachowskis entire career suggests that the great first matrix movie was just a total fluke, and in fact they are horrible, largely inept filmmakers. 

Edited by alexgross.com

On 12/28/2021 at 6:53 PM, alexgross.com said:

gee, what a surprise. clearly the nostalgia factor is what drew the audience to this "film." the wachowskis entire career suggests that the great first matrix movie was just a total fluke, and in fact they are horrible, largely inept filmmakers. 

A little harsh but there is some truth to it. Outside of the Matrix, I can’t think of anything this pair did that I enjoyed. They wrote the screenplay to V for Vendetta but that is still not their story. The Matrix was lightning in a bottle but I still found enjoyment in Reloaded and Revolutions. Resurrections was only from one of the Wachowskis and while forgettable, is worth a watch. 

On 12/28/2021 at 7:53 AM, alexgross.com said:

yep

On 12/28/2021 at 5:54 PM, The Brain said:

Just got back from seeing this movie.

I give it an 8 out of 10 Many great callbacks.

I have no idea what all the bad-mouthing  this

movie is all about, I was revoted, let's have more. 

More people liked it than not. Some people are just too tied to the original, it's hard to open up to something different.

I have mixed feelings about this film. I didn’t hate it nor loved it. I feel like I need to watch it again.

Nothing will compare to the film and that’s ok. I enjoyed revisiting this world.

3/5 stars.

On 12/29/2021 at 11:02 PM, piper said:

I have mixed feelings about this film. I didn’t hate it nor loved it. I feel like I need to watch it again.

Nothing will compare to the film and that’s ok. I enjoyed revisiting this world.

3/5 stars.

saw this with you. I also have mixed feelings and didn't hate it but I can also firmly say I did not love it. I have no interest in watching it again which generally relegates films to the 5 and under score.

5/10

The first film is a favorite of mine: the idea that we all exist in something called the Matrix was very unique, and I saw action sequences I had never seen before. 9/10

The second film tried to develop the "real world" but honestly it fell flat for me but is partially saved from a lower rating by the excellent motor cycle chase scene. 6/10

The third film is awful to me, and I have never been able to finish watching it, but I am certain I have seen the entire film from a few random TV viewings. 2/10

The 4th film didn't need to get made in my opinion and makes the stars of the first film look old. 5/10

One thing I definitely did not want to see was a ragged, ranting version of Lambert Wilson playing the Merovingian in this film.  His character was an absolute highlight in Matrix Reloaded, but in this one he was a sad parody of that character.   :frown:

Lambert-Wilson-as-The-Merovingian-in-The

On 12/25/2021 at 1:30 PM, ▫️ said:

I’m really surprised that I loved this cover to RATM’s Wake Up. This is the version that plays at the end of Resurrections and its equally as hard hitting.

I didn't like it.  Call me a he-man woman hater or take this as meaning "I hate women and everything about them" (because that's what we do these days), but hard for me to get behind a chick (there I go again!) singing RATM.   Just like I wouldn't with some female rapper covering Public Enemy.   It doesn't work for me.  

On 12/30/2021 at 9:36 PM, chrisco37 said:

I didn't like it.  Call me a he-man woman hater or take this as meaning "I hate women and everything about them" (because that's what we do these days), but hard for me to get behind a chick (there I go again!) singing RATM.   Just like I wouldn't with some female rapper covering Public Enemy.   It doesn't work for me.  

The thought never occurred to me. I’m not judgmental. It’s music and it’s definitely not going to appeal to everyone. As much as I love Public Enemy I could still accept  a female if she can hit it hard. Maybe Missy Elliot. You know who could have rocked a good cover of RATM? Janis Joplin.

On 12/30/2021 at 10:22 AM, fantastic_four said:

One thing I definitely did not want to see was a ragged, ranting version of Lambert Wilson playing the Merovingian in this film.  His character was an absolute highlight in Matrix Reloaded, but in this one he was a sad parody of that character.   :frown:

Lambert-Wilson-as-The-Merovingian-in-The

very bad choice to put in film. added nothing.

On 12/30/2021 at 1:59 PM, kav said:

very bad choice to put in film. added nothing.

I agree that it added nothing. If he HAD to be included I would have preferred something that was more similar to his original character, perhaps a scenario where they have to go to him to learn a way of freeing Trinity from the current version of the Matrix since he is  a "trafficker of information" and the Merovingian will tell them if they get him something...blah blah blah.