• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wachowskis' THE MATRIX 4 starring Keanu Reeves (5/21/21)
4 4

462 posts in this topic

On 9/25/2019 at 10:05 AM, valiantman said:

MATRIX 4 --script LEAK:

The Architect: The peace lasted about 15 years, then the humans in the Matrix rebelled.

Neo: What happened?

The Architect: Half of the people went crazy when we introduced a female president of the United States into the programming. So, we rebooted and reset memories so that never happened.

Neo: So why am I here?

The Architect: It's much worse in this version.

This made me laugh, then I realized why.

I wrote it... almost two years ago.

:preach: 

On 8/26/2021 at 10:44 PM, fantastic_four said:

Matrix 2 and 3 aren't as bad as people tend to say, although certainly they pale in comparison to the first film which is one of the finest science fiction films ever made.  I won't defend the story and certainly see why so many people didn't like it, but some of the action in both films is absolutely top-notch.

I've got a list of the best action sequences ever from films, and there's a sequence in the Matrix Reloaded that's definitely in my top ten.  The bit that starts with Neo vs. the Smiths, continuing on to the Merovingian and Persephone scenes, through to fighting the Merovingian's men, and then on to the highway fight is one of the best half-hours of action ever put to film.  That bit is HIGHLY re-watchable, and just a bunch of awesome stacked on top of more and more awesome. (worship)

Have to agree!

There are scenes in these movies that are quite memorable. Kind of surprised at times the level of hate they receive (or at least strong displeasure).

On 8/26/2021 at 10:44 PM, fantastic_four said:

Matrix 2 and 3 aren't as bad as people tend to say, although certainly they pale in comparison to the first film which is one of the finest science fiction films ever made.  I won't defend the story and certainly see why so many people didn't like it, but some of the action in both films is absolutely top-notch.

I've got a list of the best action sequences ever from films, and there's a sequence in the Matrix Reloaded that's definitely in my top ten.  The bit that starts with Neo vs. the Smiths, continuing on to the Merovingian and Persephone scenes, through to fighting the Merovingian's men, and then on to the highway fight is one of the best half-hours of action ever put to film.  That bit is HIGHLY re-watchable, and just a bunch of awesome stacked on top of more and more awesome. (worship)

Reloaded is worth the price of admission alone for the 14 minute highway chase/fight scene. While the scripts for 2 and 3 don’t compare to the first, I still enjoyed the sequels and rewatch certain scenes in them over and over.

On 8/27/2021 at 10:15 AM, Dr. Dank said:

3 was super cheese. From the effects to the dialog 

Yeah it was super cheese. However, the effects at the time were extremely impressive. We are talking about a movie thats almost twenty years old. God, is it that old already? 

On 8/27/2021 at 11:18 AM, Scam Likely said:
On 8/27/2021 at 10:15 AM, Dr. Dank said:

3 was super cheese. From the effects to the dialog 

Yeah it was super cheese. However, the effects at the time were extremely impressive. We are talking about a movie thats almost twenty years old. God, is it that old already? 

The Neo vs Smith fight in Revolutions was, at the time, the best Superman vs. Zod fight we had ever seen.  Man of Steel eclipsed it many years later, but up to that point it was absolutely scintillating.  That's really the only part of that film I ever re-watch, although I don't think I've re-watched even that part since Man of Steel came out.

On 9/7/2021 at 12:47 PM, The Brain said:

One of my favorite movies all time. Been waiting for this as it's only a few months away.

I wonder if that's a young morpheus he's fighting and now he's the mentor (kung fu sim avatar or time-travel).

Edited by bronze_rules

On 9/8/2021 at 8:19 AM, Sauce Dog said:

The 'real' teaser trailers are those found on the website, as you choose which to view and the footage is dynamically loaded (if you click again and try rewatching it the footage will change).

https://thechoiceisyours.whatisthematrix.com

Which is a pretty cool concept!