• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wachowskis' THE MATRIX 4 starring Keanu Reeves (5/21/21)
4 4

462 posts in this topic

Seems to be something particular to Chrome. Displays fine in IE and Safari.

image.thumb.png.67bc222f6fb211156da5b3d800f855d1.png

Hmmm, this could be related to my Chrome browser having a tracking protection plugin installed.

image.thumb.png.e0dc726c94f1f5675c05f3c2dedaa0e2.png

Edited by RedRaven

Hello folks. We interrupt your daily grind with a new rumor circulating the webiverse that THE MATRIX 4 has been hitched with a new title: Matrix Resurrections. Just remember that as of now, RUMOR is the main word, so it's up to you whether to take the blue pill or the red pill on this one. As reported by Yahoo, a now deleted Instagram post from a make-up artist on the film showed a production wrap gift that allegedly revealed the title. So there you have it. It certainly does fit in the style of the sequels, with The Matrix Resurrections a logical follow-up to The Matrix Reloaded and The Matrix Revolutions. 

Now, whether this fourth Matrix truly does resurrect the series still remains to be seen. The original was a genre-defining classic... and then those two sequels were... um... eh. I'm all for giving the new one a shot. I'm just gonna temper my expectations. Let's be honest, returning writer/director, Lana Washowski, hasn't had an all-around successfully revered film since, well, The Matrix one (she did cowrite V for Vendetta). Hopefully number four's returning cast of Keanu Reeves, Carrie-Anne Moss, and Jada Pinkett Smith, as well as newcomers Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, Jessica Henwick, Jonathan Groff, Priyanka Chopra, and Neil Patrick Harris are enough to resurrect the franchise!

I'm watching the old Transformer animated series & it feels like this franchise is based on the Matrix described in that cartoon. Then there's the fact that both brothers had sex changes & recently announced that the series is a trans metaphor. Maybe they subconscious wanted people to link these things together.

The first glimpse of The Matrix 4 has been revealed! Well, make that the newly titled The Matrix: Resurrections.

The trailer opens with Reeves, going by his pre-Matrix name Thomas Anderson, speaking with his therapist, played by Neil Patrick Harris.

"Am I crazy?" he asks. "We don't use that word in here," Harris' character replies.

Next, Neo's saying hello to Trinity (Moss) in a cafe. "Have we met?" she asks. They don't seem to remember each other.

He's later shown taking pills and looking at himself in a mirror as Jefferson Airplane's "White Rabbit" plays. Something is clearly off about his reality, and he knows it. Blue pills pour into the sink, and Neo sees a vision of himself turning into an old man in the mirror.

A blue-haired woman tells Neo that if he wants the truth, he'll have to follow her.

Then comes the action: We get all the jumping, twisting, slow-motion martial arts, and gravity-defying acrobatics synonymous with the franchise. Newcomer to the Matrixverse Yahya Abdul-Mateen II fights with Keanu, leading to an energy explosion.

"After all these years to be going back to where it all started… back to the Matrix," says another new addition to the franchise, Jonathan Groff, as the trailer comes to an end.

Directed by a solo Lana Wachowski, who co-directed and co-wrote the first three Matrix installments with sister Lilly Wachowski, the film will also feature Priyanka Chopra Jonas.

The Matrix: Resurrections will premiere Dec. 22.

On 8/25/2021 at 6:57 AM, media_junkie said:

I don't know what to think about how this one will turn out.  The first one is an a massive classic sci-fi movie, 2 and 3 not so much.  

Agreed! Although I did like the Animatrix series of shorts. Especially that opening spot.

On 8/25/2021 at 7:09 AM, media_junkie said:

"BEST MOVIE EVAR!!" after seeing a one minute clip.

Didn't realize that the Matrix movies are now in the MCU because that sounds just like some MCU people.

He is a common MCU rah-rah boy most times

:roflmao:

On 8/24/2021 at 6:00 PM, Bosco685 said:

title should be MATRIX 4: MILKING AN ANCIENT SUCCESS DESPITE TWO HORRIFIC SEQUELS BECAUSE A BUNCH OF US WANT TO MAKE A BIG PILE OF CASH. 

i still wouldn't go see it even if it were accurately titled. talk about ruining a classic. 

On 8/25/2021 at 6:04 AM, Bosco685 said:

:roflmao:

Because why have a story when you give it the Michael Bay treatment instead?

The Matrix was great not only for the action and effects, but because it had an actual story.  2 and 3 lost there way, and so far 4 sounds like it will be truly awful.

Go cash grab, go!

On 9/26/2019 at 11:21 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Keanu is such a nice person that I can't believe anything he says. lol

if he tells you to leave his car OR his dog alone believe him. :) 

After learning the whole thing was alluding to trans identity, of which I don't care either way, where can they possibly go from where they left off?

The protagonists dead, the world saved.

This is the only thing it can be, a cash grab and real world influence on what was once popular.