• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ouch!

4 posts in this topic

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=70961&item=6538924238

well, i guess i won't be sending in any of my killer spideys in the 200s!!! (neither my 238 nor my 239 are worth sending in)

i sold a raw one in 9.4, maybe 9.6, for $9 recently. granted, it sat in my store for a month or so, but i'm patient. after slabbing costs this reputable high feedback seller didn't do so well on a certified 9.6. ouch!

That isn't a real key book or a variant cover or a classic cover it is a regular modern in 9.6. With books like that it is hit and miss. I sold a ultimate FF #1 CGC 9.6 last year for 40 bucks and I didn't think I was going to get my cost back Instead I made a pretty good profit so on alot of modern books in 9.6 it is hit and miss

well, it's mildly more "key" than most of the surrounding issues. anyway, i was happy to get $9 for it in raw NM. not that it makes a big difference, but I would have figured something like $25-$30 for slabbed 9.6, with the more generic issues from around then being $15-$25 in 9.6.

it's also a bit of a different market than ultimate books from the 2000s that went straight into a slab. this book was out in the real world for almost 20 years before it was slabbed.