• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ms. marvel -- a different question

11 posts in this topic

sorry if this is a piece of comic book lore that i should know about but don't....

i have the last issue of ms. marvel, 23 or 24, I forget which issue. anyway, i take it the series was cancelled abruptly, no "spine tingling last issue" or any of that. at the end of the comic it says "next issue.. SABRETOOTH!" or something like that. obviously that sabretooth appearance did not happen. if it did, it would have been a pretty early sabretooth appearance.

does anyone know if the issue was prepared, just not published within the ms. marvel series? was it printed somewhere else?

sorry if this is a piece of comic book lore that i should know about but don't....

i have the last issue of ms. marvel, 23 or 24, I forget which issue. anyway, i take it the series was cancelled abruptly, no "spine tingling last issue" or any of that. at the end of the comic it says "next issue.. SABRETOOTH!" or something like that. obviously that sabretooth appearance did not happen. if it did, it would have been a pretty early sabretooth appearance.

does anyone know if the issue was prepared, just not published within the ms. marvel series? was it printed somewhere else?

It was finally printed many years later, in this issue:

51990340412.10.gif

I was reading that same issue of the 1970s title a couple of weeks ago and thought the same thing. They really were mingling her in with the x-men back then, especially with the appearances of Lilandra (even though Sabretooth had not shown up in X-men yet).

Have any of you all read any of the Byrne/Claremont/Cockrum interviews that talk about them wanting to work Sabretooth into Uncanny around issues 130-160 but they were unable too?

is that what they actually had ready for the presses in the 70s or did they decide to do the story in the 90s?

It's the actual story and art as it was prepared in the 70s. It even includes the original cover, inside. thumbsup2.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gifmm, maybe i have that one in my boxes in storage and never looked inside. looks like something i would have fished out of a quarter bin about 5-10 years ago.

anyway, i don't have his first appearance, but he didn't seem like a particularly interesting character in those powerman/iron fist appearances. he and his tag team partner, constrictor?, seemed pretty generic.

on the left of the page is a link that says "Rogue Attacks". On there you can view pages to the incident in San Francisco. Also on this page is a link that says Ms. Marvel #25 which describes what was planned for that issue...