• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zack Snyder Appreciation Topic
1 1

270 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Did you think that the opening scene with CGI-face Superman was lame?
Did you think that the parademon exploding to exposit the mother boxes was lame?
Did you think that sad/fat/bad-at-sports suicidal Batman was lame?
Did you think the Russian family was lame?
Did you think that Steppenwolf's plan didn't make sense (while talking about "mother")?
Did the purple shield/roots 3rd Act BS not make any sense?
Was the character development for Flash, Cyborg, and Aquaman non-existent?
Was the movie too short for a team-up featuring 3 brand new heroes?

All of this points to the fans deserving the Snyder Cut.

Only if there are enough fans willing to watch it now to justify the cost. The math is simple - if AT&T figures they can make enough $$$ from it now to justify the cost then they will do it. Otherwise, why throw more good money away instead of developing new films?

1 minute ago, kimik said:

Only if there are enough fans willing to watch it now to justify the cost. The math is simple - if AT&T figures they can make enough $$$ from it now to justify the cost then they will do it. Otherwise, why throw more good money away instead of developing new films?

Didn't a group raise 8-figures for the Snyder Cut last year? Can't remember what the figure was the last time I paid attention to it. I seem to recall $15 million. I could be completely wrong there.

I don't disagree. Obviously it has to make financial sense. I think it does. That "Release the Snyder Cut" campaign might be all WB needs as incentive.

My understanding is that CGI is really the only thing keeping it from being complete. I know that Snyder wanted to do a couple of re-shoots to fill it in, but the Snyder Cut has to be better than the mediocre movie we were forced to witness. That's what matters to me.

9 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

My understanding is that CGI is really the only thing keeping it from being complete. I know that Snyder wanted to do a couple of re-shoots to fill it in, but the Snyder Cut has to be better than the mediocre movie we were forced to witness. That's what matters to me.

At this point, anything Snyder is too toxic for a studio to revisit. Maybe they will in the future at a 5/10/20 year anniversary release.

FWIW, whoever he used for the CGI should be replaced. Doomsday looks way better on Krypton, a low budget TV show, than he/it did in BvS.

2 minutes ago, kimik said:

FWIW, whoever he used for the CGI should be replaced. Doomsday looks way better on Krypton, a low budget TV show, than he/it did in BvS.

I personally think that Doomsday in BvS looks realistic. I've heard that criticism before, but I've seen the movie at least 50 times, and I don't have any problems with the visuals.

I think that Doomsday's design could've been better. I'm not enamored with his origin being reworked, either.

Steppenwolf would be different in the Snyder Cut, too. IIRC, Snyder kept the design from BvS, and he was not supposed to have a humanoid face (which is part of the reason his CGI sucked in JL).

Worlds of DC is in such disarray that they really don't need to wait for any point in time to release it. The continuity and direction just isn't there. They just keep throwing stuff against the wall and hoping it sticks, now. They need a damn plan.

12 minutes ago, kimik said:

Did you watch the Krypton episode this week? That is the Doomsday that Snyder needed.

I really love what Krypton did with Doomsday, as that was one deadly individual. That final scene with Kem - WOW!

But with BVS, I do not think that was meant to be Doomsday. It was a Doomsday-like creature that was created with the same technology, but with Zod's body. That is the probable difference. Though it should have been clarified.

No matter, I still liked the BVS version for what was being conveyed.

10 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

I have not hopped on the Krypton bandwagon, yet. I haven't checked to see if it's on Netflix, and it's not on Hulu yet.

I should probably start recording it to my DVR, eh? I'm an insufficiently_thoughtful_person.

Season 2 has really cut loose with the Doomsday and Zod and Brainiac threats. But especially with the former as of this last episode before the season ends.

Like 'unstoppable killing machine' intense. Those little images give enough hints without revealing all the details.

True enough, so I guess that still leaves the cinematic door open for the true Doomsday to appear one day. However, the design in the film was terrible compared to what Krypton did. I also liked the Krypton origin story for Doomsday better than the actual comic one. It builds some sympathy for the character/creature that was lacking in the comic origin.

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

Season 2 has really cut loose with the Doomsday and Zod and Brainiac threats. But especially with the former as of this last episode before the season ends.

Like 'unstoppable killing machine' intense. Those little images give enough hints without revealing all the details.

I added Krypton to my DVR series-record literally just after I submitted that post.

I have to find a way to catch Season 1 and the first handful of episodes of Season 2 soon.

Just now, kimik said:

True enough, so I guess that still leaves the cinematic door open for the true Doomsday to appear one day. However, the design in the film was terrible compared to what Krypton did. I also liked the Krypton origin story for Doomsday better than the actual comic one. It builds some sympathy for the character/creature that was lacking in the comic origin.

That origin story was so fantastic and emotional. Especially when his wife came to save him. The show definitely didn't hold back on that experience.

Just now, theCapraAegagrus said:

I added Krypton to my DVR series-record literally just after I submitted that post.

I have to find a way to catch Season 1 and the first handful of episodes of Season 2 soon.

I even liked the Lobo portrayal as a loud-mouth braggart but with the powers to back up his threats.

Sure, it isn't completely comic book accurate. But it sure was entertaining and conveyed what a b@$*spoon* he can be while preparing to kill someone. It will be interesting if they can keep that going with his own show.

1 minute ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

I think you will like it. The show definitely presents a darker side to the whole Krypton mythos. The twist with Jor-El this season opens up a great story arc for Season 3.

4 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

That origin story was so fantastic and emotional. Especially when his wife came to save him. The show definitely didn't hold back on that experience.

Definitely. It showed a darker side to the houses of El and Zod as well - I hope they delve into the history of Krypton more in flashbacks.

13 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

I might have to *cough*"legally-somehow"*cough* download the episodes this weekend...

Wait until you see S2 Episode 9 'Bloodmoon' when someone gets in the way of Doomsday and gives him a wave hello. :whatthe::ohnoez:

I get it more than ever why the show was shifted to 10 PM EST.