• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zack Snyder Appreciation Topic
1 1

269 posts in this topic

One thing (among hundreds of things) I don't like about Justice League - and Snyder is a guilty party - is the exclusion of the current Green Lantern. They're charged with protecting inhabited worlds.

One explanation, as I understand, is that Earth seems fit to defend itself. After all, the humans, Amazons, and Atlanteans all defeated Steppenwolf after that GL was killed. John Stewart would've made the movie much better in place of Cyborg. And I do like Cyborg.

Either way. I'm still 'praying' for the Snyder Cut...

1 hour ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

One thing (among hundreds of things) I don't like about Justice League - and Snyder is a guilty party - is the exclusion of the current Green Lantern. They're charged with protecting inhabited worlds.

One explanation, as I understand, is that Earth seems fit to defend itself. After all, the humans, Amazons, and Atlanteans all defeated Steppenwolf after that GL was killed. John Stewart would've made the movie much better in place of Cyborg. And I do like Cyborg.

Either way. I'm still 'praying' for the Snyder Cut...

12:00 - After-credits scene where Bruce Wayne is woken in his lakehouse by a green light and visited by Tomar-Re and Kilowog. This was cut early on in post-production.

Just now, Bosco685 said:

12:00 - After-credits scene where Bruce Wayne is woken in his lakehouse by a green light and visited by Tomar-Re and Kilowog. This was cut early on in post-production.

I already knew about this. I still thought that an intergalactic threat should signal the Green Lanterns. They are already aware of Steppenwolf and Darkseid. Earth's GL should've been there to turn the tide with Superman at the end IMO.

It would've been better to see less JL members struggle (just Batman, Diana, Flash, and Curry) with the 2 big guns showing up at the end. Made the other 5 members of the JL seem unnecessary and Superman too OP (as usual).

Would've been cool to maybe see GL show up to finally recruit Superman, instead of just hanging out and deciding to help at the last minute. Gnome sayin'?

6 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

I already knew about this. I still thought that an intergalactic threat should signal the Green Lanterns. They are already aware of Steppenwolf and Darkseid. Earth's GL should've been there to turn the tide with Superman at the end IMO.

It would've been better to see less JL members struggle (just Batman, Diana, Flash, and Curry) with the 2 big guns showing up at the end. Made the other 5 members of the JL seem unnecessary and Superman too OP (as usual).

Would've been cool to maybe see GL show up to finally recruit Superman, instead of just hanging out and deciding to help at the last minute. Gnome sayin'?

With two Justice League films planned, they probably meant for Hal Jordan to appear in Part 2 so as to address the much bigger threat (Darkseid).

Easy to say he was called back to Oa along with John Stewart which then could be addressed in Green Lantern Corps what they were tied up with.

2 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

With two Justice League films planned, they probably meant for Hal Jordan to appear in Part 2 so as to address the much bigger threat (Darkseid).

Easy to say he was called back to Oa along with John Stewart which then could be addressed in Green Lantern Corps what they were tied up with.

My main point is Green Lantern > Cyborg AINEC.

8 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

:whatthe:

214 minutes sounds correct, too. JL was rumored to be longer than 2-1/2 hours before Whedon took over.

My lord. I will be in a state of pure bliss if/when the Snyder Cut gets released...

Even the reporters that dismissed there were test screenings with Darkseid shown are now admitting they had it wrong. Something is changing with the information coming out.

2 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

744300653_snydercut1.thumb.PNG.3ee73cd0890d8187fe3fd1427c59a4ae.PNG1104787817_snydercut2.thumb.PNG.0582e262f3b317d787ebca36f90352e5.PNG

Justice League Theatrical Cut did $58 Million USD at the domestic home theater market. Think about that. Thor: Ragnarok did $70 Million USD as a massively successful film. I made it big enough so you can read it.

JL_Home_Sales.PNG.d2509f84949e44e373068412540cf4f6.PNG

So imagine if a Snyder Cut came out with Darkseid, Steppenwulf killed by him, Superman in the black costume. That investment on a 90% developed film that maybe - maybe - requires an additional $30-$40M could be worth the investment. Kevin Smith is not an insider on this film, as once Zack Snyder was out all those details were cut off from him. So he can talk about anything he likes. But it is just talk. Mark Hughes, on the other hand, is a huge insider.

20 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

744300653_snydercut1.thumb.PNG.3ee73cd0890d8187fe3fd1427c59a4ae.PNG1104787817_snydercut2.thumb.PNG.0582e262f3b317d787ebca36f90352e5.PNG

I've read the $30 million investment, elsewhere, too.

A worthwhile investment, IMO.

Can they recoup those costs from streaming and home video sales? Idk. It would renew my faith enough in Worlds of DC that I'd go to see Wonder Woman 84 in theaters.

Edit: Guess I didn't read the graphic correctly. I've read that it'd take about $30 million to complete the Snyder Cut. This graphic makes zero sense, considering that they invested into re-shoots for Whedon's film, and so that WB executives could earn their bonuses. They fired Zack Snyder because they didn't like his movie. They weren't going to complete his movie after giving Whedon the reigns. Just nonsense. A Snyder Cut exists.

Edited by theCapraAegagrus

2 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

I've read the $30 million investment, elsewhere, too.

A worthwhile investment, IMO.

Can they recoup those costs from streaming and home video sales? Idk. It would renew my faith enough in Worlds of DC that I'd go to see Wonder Woman 84 in theaters.

WB is never going to spend that money.  The JL movie from a public standpoint is considered tained at this point, and the last thing the want to do is draw any attention to it. Personally, I do not see how they would make up a $30 million  investment in the film. Yes, a few hard core fans would see it, but the general public, which is where the money is, has no interest in Revisiting the movie.

Granted with all the fallout from BvS, WB panicking, fan backlash, creative switches, on the fly rewrites, the second movie being axed basically mid stream, JL never really stood a chance.

Also WB is viewing the DCMU as recovering at this point.  People want WW2, Aquaman did great, and Shazam was not a big money maker, but was well received.  So releasing a new JL cut would be seen as highlighting the film that basically broke thr DC movies from a public standpoint. From a business standpoint it is bad marketing and at this point throwing good money at bad.

Also when you listen to Kevin Smith, he states the movies is rough, is lacking a big portion of CGI, is almost 4 hours long, and was still in need a reshoots. You can get the idea what Snyder was going for, but it us very far from complete.  Again those interested in film making, the process,  or big DC fans would likely enjoy it, but in the working cut state it is not ready for casual viewing.

I really do not see a world where WB will release this. I suspect a copy may eventually leak, but nothing official us coming.

18 hours ago, Bosco685 said:
20 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

1104787817_snydercut2.thumb.PNG.0582e262f3b317d787ebca36f90352e5.PNG

There's a big conditional in that statement "... that everyone was happy with...". 

16 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

They fired Zack Snyder because they didn't like his movie. They weren't going to complete his movie after giving Whedon the reigns. Just nonsense. A Snyder Cut exists.

Seems most likely.

1 minute ago, drotto said:

WB is never going to spend that money.  The JL movie from a public standpoint is considered tained at this point, and the last thing the want to do is draw any attention to it. Personally, I do not see how they would make up a $30 million  investment in the film. Yes, a few hard core fans would see it, but the general public, which is where the money is, has no interest in Revisiting the movie.

Granted with all the fallout from BvS, WB panicking, fan backlash, creative switches, on the fly rewrites, the second movie being axed basically mid stream, JL never really stood a chance.

Also WB is viewing the DCMU as recovering at this point.  People want WW2, Aquaman did great, and Shazam was not a big money maker, but was well received.  So releasing a new JL cut would be seen as highlighting the film that basically broke thr DC movies from a public standpoint. From a business standpoint it is bad marketing and at this point throwing good money at bad.

Also when you listen to Kevin Smith, he states the movies is rough, is lacking a big portion of CGI, is almost 4 hours long, and was still in need a reshoots. You can get the idea what Snyder was going for, but it us very far from complete.  Again those interested in film making, the process,  or big DC fans would likely enjoy it, but in the working cut state it is not ready for casual viewing.

I really do not see a world where WB will release this. I suspect a copy may eventually leak, but nothing official us coming.

The Snyder Cut is good publicity, no matter how you'd like to spin it. BvS was in the same boat with the theatrical cut being mediocre-at-best. The Ultimate Cut is a great movie that gave hope to the future for Worlds of DC.

I suspect that they will invest in completing the Snyder Cut, which is about 150 mins, not 4 hours. You're reacting with outdated information.

24 minutes ago, Antpark said:

There's a big conditional in that statement "... that everyone was happy with...". 

Seems most likely.

The issue is most probably the WB executives that were in place at that time (one very big one now removed). But 'everyone was happy with...' isn't going to happen. Even when test screenings go strong.

‘BIRDS OF PREY’ SCREENING LEAVES AUDIENCE, WARNER BROS WITH SPLIT REACTION

Edited by Bosco685

Did you think that the opening scene with CGI-face Superman was lame?
Did you think that the parademon exploding to exposit the mother boxes was lame?
Did you think that sad/fat/bad-at-sports suicidal Batman was lame?
Did you think the Russian family was lame?
Did you think that Steppenwolf's plan didn't make sense (while talking about "mother")?
Did the purple shield/roots 3rd Act BS not make any sense?
Was the character development for Flash, Cyborg, and Aquaman non-existent?
Was the movie too short for a team-up featuring 3 brand new heroes?

All of this points to the fans deserving the Snyder Cut.