• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s ARMOR WARS show (TBD)
1 1

62 posts in this topic

I grew up with this story so I'm excited for it, but also totally expecting it to be nothing like the comics since without Tony the entire motivation needs to be adjusted. However if they do stick true to how Tony acted in the series it will be very compelling to see Rhodes go AWOL and start attacking other armoured heroes.

55 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Maybe it is a follow-up from that fantastic Marvel One-Shot 'All Hail The King' to make up for Iron Man 3's Mandarin surprise.

hm

So what you're saying is it's gonna tie into the real Mandarin making his debut in Shang Chi and the legend of the 10 rings? Perhaps the real Mandarin sends in clean up after the disaster that was the end of iron man 3 and picks up all the pieces of the suits Killian destroyed fighting Tony and starts producing his own for other villains with help from Hammer. Dang that's a good theory I wish I had thought of it...

Following the hot success of ‘WandaVision‘ and the anticipated success of ‘Falcon and the Winter Soldier‘, fans are already looking ahead to the next slate of Disney+ MCU shows. And one of the biggest announcements at the Disney investors event was ‘Armor Wars’ following Rhodey in a post-Tony Stark world.

Offering a small update  on the progression of Rhodey’s character, Don Cheadle had this to say:

“Where we’ve been sort of progressing Rhodey- even in the last film where he’s now up again and now he’s walking again and he’s now mobile again- so as the technology continues to develop and we keep making innovations in the suit and what happens, i imagine there’s gonna be another elevation and another way that we’re going to keep digging into that part of Rhodey.”

It was also announced today that Don Cheadle will be reprising the role of Rhodey in the upcoming ‘Falcon and the Winter Soldier’ which is set to premiere on Disney+ on March 19th. And, in addition to ‘Armor Wars’ Disney+ is also doing a series based off of ‘Ironheart” to continue the legacy of Tony Stark in the MCU.

During a Q&A session at the Credit Suisse 23rd Annual Communications Conference, shared via Laughing Place, Disney CEO Bob Chapek received a fan question calling for the return of Robert Downey Jr.'s Tony Stark.

In response, the newly-appointed House of Mouse Chief suggested Marvel fans watch Don Cheadle's Armor Wars, hinting that it will “scratch that itch.”

Armor Wars will premiere exclusively on Disney+ in 2022.

Plot details for Armor Wars are incredibly thin, but it is known that Tony Stark’s Iron Man armor will fall into the wrong hands, and it will be on Rhodes to get it back. During an interview with EW promoting his new movie Space Jam: A New Legacy, Cheadle spoke briefly about his upcoming Disney+ series, which will provide a deeper look at Iron Man's sidekick. Cheadle teased that Armor Wars will be “a whole other level,” and audiences will learn “what makes [Rhodes] tick."

"What's amazing is that what's to come is a whole other level. This will be an opportunity for the first time to really see who he is and what makes him tick."

On 7/18/2019 at 8:26 AM, Bosco685 said:

Though maybe they only play the episodes between 10 PM to 5 AM. Can't disturb the little ones. :nyah:

they will just slap a rating on it and say if your kids watch it that's your problem

On 8/20/2021 at 4:20 PM, Bosco685 said:

:whatthe:

ScarJo has fans. Many & many. Mostly middle age men who like how she looked decades ago.

She's horrid as BW. No charisma. None. 

This is true of DC only he has no such similar pervy fanbase. He is less than zero charisma points.

On 8/20/2021 at 4:24 PM, TupennyConan said:

This is true of DC only he has no such similar pervy fanbase. He is less than zero charisma points.

Honestly, I always considered him low-key as an actor other than in the House of Lies show. But even then, he was very reserved many times.

So not surprised with your comments. I thought it was just me.