• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's FANTASTIC FOUR (TBD)
8 8

1,112 posts in this topic

Mount is tied up in Star Trek though?

And having just come out of yet another 'snap' lockdown in Victoria - filming base of Mad Max, Ghost Rider, the Leftovers, and Sydney NSW (also with snap lockdowns) shooting currently Thor, Love and Thunder, Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings  etc etc - There is no way that anything is getting filmed here soon.

We still have quite harsh restrictions, so I can't see Marvel doing much this year.

HOWEVER - Covid permitting, Melbourne will be an even bigger hub for Marvel movies - the 2nd biggest arena in Melbourne - 58,000 seater Ethiad Stadium was taken over by Marvel - and is now known as Marvel Stadium.

There's only a MCU shop inside at the moment, but I have heard there are plans to incorporate a Thor themed  'sky-ride' over the City from the stadium (a high roller coaster) and start introducing Marvel themed images in the ground itself.

Marvel Stadium is where Ghost Rider was filmed - and there are big Aussie / Kiwi Marvel connections - Hemsworth, Jackman and Taika Waititi plus the films listed above.

@gadzukes - there will be plenty of extra's work down here soon!  They employed thousands for Ghost Rider.

1 hour ago, @therealsilvermane said:

He looks too serious. After two failed cinematic attempts, the MCU Reed Richards is going to need some personality.

The first franchise failed? The 2005 Fantastic Four did 3.3X production budget, it went over so well.

FF_BO.thumb.png.f82ff2816197de81861fdd962268e049.png

It's that silly Lost smoke beast Fox called 'Galactus' that killed the excitement of the sequel. Otherwise it would have been a solid follow-up. And the interesting thing is FF (2005) even ended up a bigger financial success than 4 MCU Phase One films.

MCU_Phase1.thumb.png.200d8966b1ee7927ac272521360a4bfa.png

Fox just dropped the ball after that 2005 success. Wasted opportunity.

3 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

The first franchise failed? The 2005 Fantastic Four did 3.3X production budget, it went over so well.

FF_BO.thumb.png.f82ff2816197de81861fdd962268e049.png

It's that silly Lost smoke beast Fox called 'Galactus' that killed the excitement of the sequel. Otherwise it would have been a solid follow-up. And the interesting thing is FF (2005) even ended up a bigger financial success than 4 MCU Phase One films.

MCU_Phase1.thumb.png.200d8966b1ee7927ac272521360a4bfa.png

Fox just dropped the ball after that 2005 success. Wasted opportunity.

Okay, maybe the 2005 FF wasn't a box office failure, but it still didn't go over that well with critics and fans alike with 27% and 45% respectively on RT. While I remember somewhat thinking the movie was just okay, it had some heart, it definitely wasn't THE Fantastic Four movie that I as a lifelong FF fan was wanting.

1 minute ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Okay, maybe the 2005 FF wasn't a box office failure, but it still didn't go over that well with critics and fans alike with 27% and 45% respectively on RT. While I remember somewhat thinking the movie was just okay, it had some heart, it definitely wasn't THE Fantastic Four movie that I as a lifelong FF fan was wanting.

Yes, only lifelong fans know what people want. Us knuckledraggers with Fantastic Four books like 48-88 and John Byrne runs don't know any better. :baiting:

'lifelong fan' :roflmao:

39 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Yes, only lifelong fans know what people want. Us knuckledraggers with Fantastic Four books like 48-88 and John Byrne runs don't know any better. :baiting:

I personally think the John Byrne run is FANTASTIC!! (no pun intended)

Those were the issues I started with when I first picked up FF, it was after reading those that I went back and started to collect the earlier issues.  Fantastic Four #247 (with the giant Dr. Doom on the cover) was the first FF comic I bought at a newstand, way back in 1981.  I was 10 years old.

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

Yah. Fantastic Four is actually the first comic book I ever got before I could hardly read because I loved that Fantastic Four cartoon with Herbie. It was actually the Marvel's Greatest Comics reprint of a John Buscema issue, I even remember the story featuring Janus. So I actually was into the Stan Lee-Jack Kirby-John Buscema stories before I was into the current stories of the day. As for #48, my intro to that story was a Marvel Treasury Edition that featured the entire Galactus trilogy. The FF love continued right into the Byrne run, but I always did what I could to find more Stan Lee stories. So yah, lifelong FF fan here.

And the 2005 movie didn't get it as far as this fan is concerned. While it got the family aspect, I always saw them as explorers, too, which the movie didn't really get in my opinion. It also failed at making the movie Dr. Doom the great villain he was in the comics. And it also looked kinda cheap.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

1 hour ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Yah. Fantastic Four is actually the first comic book I ever got before I could hardly read because I loved that Fantastic Four cartoon with Herbie. It was actually the Marvel's Greatest Comics reprint of a John Buscema issue, I even remember the story featuring Janus. So I actually was into the Stan Lee-Jack Kirby-John Buscema stories before I was into the current stories of the day. As for #48, my intro to that story was a Marvel Treasury Edition that featured the entire Galactus trilogy. The FF love continued right into the Byrne run, but I always did what I could to find more Stan Lee stories. So yah, lifelong FF fan here.

And the 2005 movie didn't get it as far as this fan is concerned. While it got the family aspect, I always saw them as explorers, too, which the movie didn't really get in my opinion. It also failed at making the movie Dr. Doom the great villain he was in the comics. And it also looked kinda cheap.

So dramatic.

Was the 2005 a failure as you noted? Not at all.

Was it entertaining? At that stage it was though not strong like X-Men (2000) nor Spider-Man (2002) as an intro.

47 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

when i was growing up, after Spider-man, my favorite marvel character was the Thing.

He was a fun character, lot of depth to him

Absolutely. They need the Yancy Street Gang in the new version.

17 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

That'd be fun, except I don't think "street gangs" are a thing in 21st century New York City.

They can update it and make them all on TikTok or something similar.

3 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Yancy Street cyber bullies? I like it. Ben Grimm battling online trolls could be its own subplot.

Especially when they start insulting him for how he looks.