• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's FANTASTIC FOUR (TBD)
8 8

1,115 posts in this topic

On 7/29/2021 at 1:24 PM, Buzzetta said:

Again that depends.

I have said this countless times before when it came to Ghostbusters.  The female led cast Ghostbusters did not fail because it was female led.  It failed because it Bill Murray was not a Ghostbuster in the movie.  When people think 'Ghostbusters' they think of Bill Murray.   This is why a third movie was stuck in developmental hell for so many years. Bill Murray wouldn't do it.

Now, even though there is a new cast being developed with Ghostbusters: Afterlife for a possible future franchise, people are excited because it continues the storyline and Bill Murray is a ghostbuster.   

When Paul Feig remade Ghostbusters, it could have been with the Paul Rudd, Finn Wolfhard, and the rest and a spiritual continuation of the story as we are seeing with Finn's character or whoever being the grandson of Egon.  However, it doesn't get people excited unless Murray and Ackroyd and Hudson are in it to reprise their roles. 

IMG_2926489823613.jpeg.b88fe66c1be5fd396cb8bd376211689f.jpeg

On 7/29/2021 at 1:53 PM, RickSp said:

Spider-Man is easily their main man for now.

If they were thinking that Reed Richards is going to lead a number of films in the same way they are going to need to get the actor spot on. RDJ elevated Iron man as a character more than another actor could probably do at the time to make him interesting enough that everyone loved to see him in all the films. In the context of the MCU they can probably do a lot with Mister Fantastic but I guess we'll have to see who's willing to take on the multi film deal....

Great point. I remember when they signed RDJ & I thought he was a great potential fit for the character.

The big gamble was could RDJ stay clean & get his life back together.
He did & he took the role fully on.

I always have liked the Iron Man comic. But for me, Stark became a more interesting character to read during the Michelinie run(s).

I've liked Reed a little more hit-and-miss over the years. He's had some great moments, but I'm not sure how 'likeable' he's been?
At least Tony was a very fun (and funny) character at times, in addition to the smarts/superhero/business stuff.
The right choice of actor will be key. If that actor is good, Reed should be interesting on screen (fingers crossed).

On 7/31/2021 at 8:11 AM, D84 said:

Is he ever not crying?

I think it's cos he's so stoned all the time. 

We were talking about this in the GOTG 3 thread, but what are your thoughts on a suitable director for this project? 

On 7/31/2021 at 8:38 AM, media_junkie said:

I'm sure someone will be along shortly to tell us that Captain Marvel is the Captain America replacement because she will be the ...yada...yada...yada....

Captain Marvel is nobody's replacement. She's her own thing. She will however be splitting Avengers leadership duties with Sam Wilson very soon though. Our universe will need it against Kang et al. I do believe it was a variant of Kang a la Immortus/Marcus who raped Carol Danvers in the storyline from Avengers #197-200.

I can't stand Seth Rogen's laugh. The second Ben Grimm laughs, I'm out of there. 

But I think it's still just rumour. 

On 12/3/2021 at 3:00 AM, Larryw7 said:

I googled it, and Seth.Rogen as the Thing was mentioned in an article from 2019. I really don't want him to be in it.

There is no way Marvel Studios would cast him as Ben Grimm. That would be nuts!

{tomorrow}

KEVIN FEIGE IS PROUD TO ANNOUNCE SETH ROGEN AS THE FIRST CASTING FOR THE NEW FANTASTIC FOUR MOVIE BUT RENAMES JACK MEOFF

:whatthe: