• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's FANTASTIC FOUR (TBD)
8 8

1,066 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, kimik said:

You should have picked them up two years ago..........but better late than never. (thumbsu

damn I was too busy with my ASM collection... I mean my friend.. lol 

in reality I was working in my FF collection but never pulled trigger on FF 1 or found a copy that I could afford sad part is I dont think I will get a copy anytime soon now... :(

1 hour ago, Krismusic said:

damn I was too busy with my ASM collection... I mean my friend.. lol 

in reality I was working in my FF collection but never pulled trigger on FF 1 or found a copy that I could afford sad part is I dont think I will get a copy anytime soon now... :(

Don't worry about it. FF 1 has always been overrated. If you have AF 15 then you have the SA Marvel book that truly matters. (thumbsu

2 minutes ago, kimik said:

Don't worry about it. FF 1 has always been overrated. If you have AF 15 then you have the SA Marvel book that truly matters. (thumbsu

thanks lol yeah recently picked up a AF 15. I am happy. 

I thought the first Fox movie was okay, and the second one was popcorn flick filler. It is probably best for the franchise that the most recent one was so bad that hardly anyone saw it. Now they can relaunch it in the MCU and hope that the franchise catches on.

7 hours ago, media_junkie said:

I think you are talking out your .  I admit that I am not a fan of Captain Marvel (Brie Larson), however I recognize that Marvel wants her to be OMG UBAH POWEFUL!  So by your logic the only Avenger she can "be imposing over" is the Black Widow (Brie is 5'7, Scarlett is 5'3).  So according to you the audience sees her blow up Thanos's ship by flying through it but we consider her a punk and not powerful because she isn't as tall as Bucky, or Iron Man, or Captain America, or anyone over 5'8" tall.

Look, I'm not just making this stuff up. There are studies done about height and perception etc. It's actually scientific. And it applies both in real life perception and perception in popular movies.

Regarding Captain Marvel, her power doesn't come from muscle mass. Her power comes from an Infinity Stone, it's energy based. Before she got that power, she was just a pilot in the Air Force. The audience's visual perception of Carol Danvers' great power is that she glows. Thor, Captain America, and Hulk are the three Avengers whose power is partly from their muscle mass and size. Black Widow is a warrior-type super-hero, but more of a super-spy with killer martial arts skills. Rather than killing you with a power punch, she knows which nerve to strike that will kill you.

Also, height and perception of power mostly pertains to males (again, there are studies done on this). And I'm not saying it's right, but that's the way we generally perceive things. Men, on average, are bigger than females, so we accept that. And the bigger the male, the more power is perceived from said male. It works that way in the animal kingdom, and it works that way with humans(or aliens). That's why Groot is the tallest Guardian. That's why Starforce strongman Bron-Charr was played by 6’3” Rune Temte in CM. Regarding pure raw muscle mass strength, Thor and Hulk are the two strongest Avengers. Until She-Hulk comes along, nobody should be taller than or as tall as them. On film, that is.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

You literally are just making stuff up. It's okay to admit it.

Neither Thor's nor Richards' power comes from "muscle mass", either. Some self-awareness would be nice. :eyeroll:

You're probably the only person in the entire world who is even considering this. It's a :censored:ing fictional comic book cinematic universe.

16 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Neither Thor's nor Richards' power comes from "muscle mass", either. Some self-awareness would be nice. :eyeroll:

You're probably the only person in the entire world who is even considering this. It's a :censored:ing fictional comic book cinematic universe.

So I’m making up the idea that the bigger a man the more power is PERCEIVED from said man? That’s like common sense! 
I might be the only person in this forum considering this, but I bet someone over at Marvel Studios casting is looking at the fan casting of Jim “from the Office” Krasinski and thinking he might be too tall and too big  to play Reed Richards.

27 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Yes, Reed Richards power comes from cosmic rays in the comics, I know. But Thor, while he does generate lightning from within and can wield Mjolnir, also has raw Asgardian strength(more than Falstaff, Hogun, Loki, etc) which is perceived by how big he is.

10 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

So I’m making up the idea that the bigger a man the more power is PERCEIVED from said man? That’s like common sense! 
I might be the only person in this forum considering this, but I bet someone over at Marvel Studios casting is looking at the fan casting of Jim “from the Office” Krasinski and thinking he might be too tall and too big  to play Reed Richards.

Yup.

Richards being taller than Thor does not equal being "bigger".

Batman is taller than Superman and that factors into perception at a zero sum.

6 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Yes, Reed Richards power comes from cosmic rays in the comics, I know. But Thor, while he does generate lightning from within and can wield Mjolnir, also has raw Asgardian strength(more than Falstaff, Hogun, Loki, etc) which is perceived by how big he is.

You're looking for confirmation bias and literally no one else here is going to give it to you (because you're wrong).

Richards can be taller than Thor and no one with common sense will perceive him as "stronger" in any way, shape, or form.

31 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

You're looking for confirmation bias and literally no one else here is going to give it to you (because you're wrong).

Richards can be taller than Thor and no one with common sense will perceive him as "stronger" in any way, shape, or form.

No, just looking to have the last word on the subject in this thread  is all. My confirmation will be when someone else is cast as Reed Richards in the MCU and that begins with the casting of Krasinski’s wife Emily Blunt not as Sue Storm but as Clea.

7 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

No, just looking to have the last word on the subject in this thread  is all. My confirmation will be when someone else is cast as Reed Richards in the MCU and that begins with the casting of Krasinski’s wife Emily Blunt not as Sue Storm but as Clea.

lol

Okay.

4 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

:facepalm:

Henry Cavill is 6'1".

Ben Affleck is 6'4".

So they had to not only digitally remove Cavill's mustache but also make him seem bigger than Ben Affleck? I thought something seemed off and also is Exhibit A for bad casting for the DCEU with exception of Gal Gadot.

Just now, @therealsilvermane said:

So they had to not only digitally remove Cavill's mustache but also make him seem bigger than Ben Affleck? I thought something seemed off and also is Exhibit A for bad casting for the DCEU with exception of Gal Gadot.

You have no idea what you're talking about. lol