• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's FANTASTIC FOUR (TBD)
8 8

1,066 posts in this topic

Hollywood lists actors like the NBA started listing basketball players in the 1980s which is to say they exaggerate their heights by an inch or two, although coincidentally the NBA commissioner cracked down on that this summer and now 99% of NBA players are listed with their correct heights.  Cavill in reality is 6' 0.5", and Affleck is 6' 2.5".  Wonder Woman's height has changed over the decades but the most recent versions were supposedly 6' 0" while Gal Gadot is 5' 9".  But finding 6 foot actresses with the acting and physicality of Diana is hard, so it's not surprising they didn't find one.

3 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

So they had to not only digitally remove Cavill's mustache but also make him seem bigger than Ben Affleck? I thought something seemed off and also is Exhibit A for bad casting for the DCEU with exception of Gal Gadot.

Actually, they screwed up with Gal Gadot as well. She is only 5'10", not 6' tall.........not that anyone is complaining though, as it is Gal Gadot. :cloud9:

Edited by kimik

2 hours ago, kimik said:

Actually, they screwed up with Gal Gadot as well. She is only 5'10", not 6' tall.........not that anyone is complaining though, as it is Gal Gadot. :cloud9:

She's only 5'10"??

Do some of you think this through before posting these thoughts?

5 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

Hollywood lists actors like the NBA started listing basketball players in the 1980s which is to say they exaggerate their heights by an inch or two, although coincidentally the NBA commissioner cracked down on that this summer and now 99% of NBA players are listed with their correct heights.  Cavill in reality is 6' 0.5", and Affleck is 6' 2.5".  Wonder Woman's height has changed over the decades but the most recent versions were supposedly 6' 0" while Gal Gadot is 5' 9".  But finding 6 foot actresses with the acting and physicality of Diana is hard, so it's not surprising they didn't find one.

Gal Gadot is 5'10" tall. Here she is next to Hayley Atwell's 5'7" and Gwendoline Christie's 6'3" frame.

sdcc2016.jpg.9b108c69dcaf290dd3a441bb3ae386d7.jpg

13 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Gal Gadot is 5'10" tall. 

I'll let you have it out with the OCD height people at celebheights.com, but off the cuff I'll say the guy who runs that site has done a lot more research into Gal Gadot's height than either of us, so I'll go with him until I see evidence to the contrary.

https://www.celebheights.com/s/Gal-Gadot-47004.html

This is the appropriate place to fancast right? Richard Armitage gets my vote to play Victor Von Doom. I know he was Erskines assassin in CA:TFA but that's such a bit part its torally negligible. His work as Thorin in The Hobbit and the new Netflix show The Stranger show off his dramatic range, and he's the right combination of aesthetics to pull off Doom well.

Screenshot_20200218-130612_Chrome.jpg

ESQUIRE MAGAZINE: John Krasinski discusses the politics of his work, an Office reunion, and Marvel movies

5-1582053797.jpg?resize=768:*

He’d tried auditioning for the role of Captain America in the early phase of Disney’s massively successful MCU, but the role ended up going to Chris Evans.

“People have a sense that some of us are insanely competitive. I've known Chris forever,” he says. “So as soon as they said Chris Evans got the part, I was like, yeah, look at that guy. Are you kidding me? He is Captain America. And I just saw Chris a couple of weeks ago and we were still laughing about it. I said, ‘I love that you retired in my role.’”

Though, his chance to appear in the MCU hasn’t passed completely. I ask him if he’s seen rumors that he’ll be playing Mister Fantastic, whenever Marvel gets around to tackling the massively popular Fantastic Four heroes.

“I was just about to walk into the worst pun ever, but I was like, that's a fantastic role.That would be awesome,” he tells me. “Marvel wrote the playbook on secrecy and awesome sort of tantalizing lay and wait until everything's announced. I am not committed to the role or anything, but I don't know when they're doing it. But if and when they do it, I would love to talk to them about it.”

While I don't always agree with Grace Randolph's take on comic book movies, I think she makes a good case here against the fancasting of John Krasinski and Emily Blunt as Reed Richards and Sue Storm, and makes a better case why actors couple Matthew Rhys and Keri Russell would make a better choice, though they're both over 40.

1336136900_KeriRussellMatthewRhys2019TorontoInternationalxrO0ori2VCdl.jpg.ddce1e12cfe6649f0d7064504a5376a8.jpg

These two look more like what I imagine a MCU Reed and Sue to look like. Rhys literally looks like an egghead. Krasinski does not. Randolph also makes an interesting case for the Invisible Man director to helm an FF movie.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

19 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Also, those 2 look like alternate-reality crackhead version of Mr. F and I-Woman.

You always bring that extra-special assessment of these things.

:baiting:

:insane: