• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's FANTASTIC FOUR (TBD)
8 8

1,066 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:
  • Marvel Comics Thor: 6'6" tall
  • MCU Thor: 6'3" tall
  • Marvel Comics Steve Rogers: 6'2" tall
  • MCU Steve Rogers: 6'0" tall
  • Marvel Tony Stark: 6'1" tall
  • MCU Tony Stark: 5'9" tall

Yeah. The MCU is vey concerned John Krasinki is 6'3" tall. :facepalm:

Chris Evans is actually 6’2” to Hemsworth’s 6’3” and that’s okay because Steve Rogers is a super soldier who’s almost as worthy as Thor. Mere mortals in the MCU like Stark, Stephen Strange, or Scott Lang should be shorter and are. Krasinski is not only as tall as Hemsworth, he’s a big guy, and I’m not sure you can hide that.

Now, a Xandarian, who inherits the mantle of a supreme protector, on the other hand...

1 minute ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Chris Evans is actually 6’2” to Hemsworth’s 6’3” and that’s okay because Steve Rogers is a super soldier who’s almost as worthy as Thor. Mere mortals in the MCU like Stark, Stephen Strange, or Scott Lang should be shorter and are. Krasinski is not only as tall as Hemsworth, he’s a big guy, and I’m not sure you can hide that.

Now, a Xandarian, who inherits the mantle of a supreme protector, on the other hand...

Oh no. I have it on good authority we would be getting Jim from The Office. He's a lanky dude, right?

jim_office.jpg.4aae950e8b692e0a1d0eed98f943b5de.jpg

:baiting:

15 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

6795A6F8-96DE-4DEE-A6F5-31788C4A0F68.jpeg.2bbd91cb2f32bb6317f4f220ff2dc945.jpeg

He’s a cake made with beef.

That's not what this fella said.

1 hour ago, @therealsilvermane said:

I don’t know what actor I think could play Mr Fantastic, but I don’t think it should be Jim from The Office.

:baiting:

Krasinski would be a perfect Mr. Fantastic.

Jim from The Office is a 1-dimensional/single-facet piece of his acting chops - not to be used to determine his entire ability to act. I am 100% confident that he would do the character justice.

Whose to say that they don't CGI him as a wimp, and after his powers, he keeps his body sculpted because he can and doesn't want to continue looking like a physical pushover...?

He's a Grade-A choice for this role. Something something something hypocrisy of hating an actor in a role before a movie is released? :shy:

37 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Jim from The Office is a 1-dimensional/single-facet piece of his acting chops - not to be used to determine his entire ability to act. I am 100% confident that he would do the character justice.

Whose to say that they don't CGI him as a wimp, and after his powers, he keeps his body sculpted because he can and doesn't want to continue looking like a physical pushover...?

He's a Grade-A choice for this role. Something something something hypocrisy of hating an actor in a role before a movie is released? :shy:

But he's too tall. I held the comic book up to the screen and they just don't match as accurate comic book portrayals.

[safely tucks away Iron Man comic books so as to not apply the same lense] (:

On 4/15/2020 at 6:55 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

If Marvel Studios makes the Fantastic Four and Reed Richards more explorers than scientists, then maybe I can see John Krasinski as Reed a little better. I'm sure Sue Storm will also be a science genius in the MCU version. Either way, I just don't see tortured science genius egghead when I look at Krasinski. He seems more comfortable with humor and action. Even as Jim Halpert, he was better at hitting on Pam and playing pranks on Dwight than actually doing accounts on a computer screen.

But what if Emily Blunt is cast as Clea in the Doctor Strange sequel? Would fan dudes then clamor for a J. Krasinski Reed Richards as hard? It seems everyone wants them as some kind of marriage package.

3 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

If Marvel Studios makes the Fantastic Four and Reed Richards more explorers than scientists, then maybe I can see John Krasinski as Reed a little better. I'm sure Sue Storm will also be a science genius in the MCU version. Either way, I just don't see tortured science genius egghead when I look at Krasinski. He seems more comfortable with humor and action. Even as Jim Halpert, he was better at hitting on Pam and playing pranks on Dwight than actually doing accounts on a computer screen.

But what if Emily Blunt is cast as Clea in the Doctor Strange sequel? Would fan dudes then clamor for a J. Krasinski Reed Richards as hard? It seems everyone wants them as some kind of marriage package.

That is a character attribute; Not a testament to his limits as an actor.

Krasinski is a perfect casting choice regardless of Blunt's inclusion. He's a better fit for Richards than she is for Sue Storm.

23 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

That is a character attribute; Not a testament to his limits as an actor.

Krasinski is a perfect casting choice regardless of Blunt's inclusion. He's a better fit for Richards than she is for Sue Storm.

He did a dang good job in the Jack Ryan series

3 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

They should be clamoring for her as Sue Storms instead then.......

2 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

What I noted earlier.

This fixation on 'Jim from The Office' is stuck at an acting point-in-time.

This.

It's basically ignoring everything Krasinki's done in the last decade, including Promised Land (mediocre anti-fracking movie w/ Matt Damon - but which Krasinski also co-wrote), 13 Hours, A Quiet Place (which he also co-wrote and directed), and Jack Ryan.

Discounting him for once playing Jim in The Office is like discounting Woody Harrelson because he once starred as Woody on Cheers.

Edited by Gatsby77

12 minutes ago, kimik said:

They should be clamoring for her as Sue Storms instead then.......

But of course, requesting that John Krasinski be CGI shortened for the Reed Richards role or the whole thing is off!

:sumo:

Edited by Bosco685

I posted earlier I didn’t know who I thought could play a better Reed Richards. Well, going down the list of maybe available and popular leading actors...how about Luke Evans? He can act, he’s a Disney veteran, he’s actually younger than Jim from the Office, and he’s only 6.0’ tall.

Edited by @therealsilvermane