• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's X-MEN film (TBD)
3 3

552 posts in this topic

On 7/2/2022 at 1:33 AM, godzilla43 said:

Yes, and like you know if you read comics characters evolve over time. Wolverine 5'3 works as a hot headed/ sometimes comic relief character but Wolverine 5'9-6'3 works as a lead story character. 

I also thought that Taron was smaller. I think he will make okay Wolverine but of course the actual movie needs to be good..

Wolverine works as Wolverine 

Character development happens when they experience different situations 

Not height changes, which never happened. At least pre 2000 that I'm aware of.

Did he grow 6 inches to a foot post 2000s?

On 7/3/2022 at 2:20 AM, The Meta said:

Wolverine works as Wolverine 

Character development happens when they experience different situations 

Not height changes, which never happened. At least pre 2000 that I'm aware of.

Did he grow 6 inches to a foot post 2000s?

No, he hasn't. Consistently drawn as short. Maybe not always 5'-3", but clearly shorter than everyone else.

Making Wolverine tall defeats the purpose of his name--small, but vicious.  Wolverines are about the size of a small dog.

Honey badgers are even smaller and FAR more vicious, but naming a superhero Honey Badger probably doesn't carry the same gravitas.  :blush:  It's a fun half-hour or so to Youtube videos of honey badgers going after MUCH larger animals such as the pics below.

FRqreIh.gif main-qimg-a65509fb5172e70872804b85fb2e1d

On 7/11/2022 at 7:05 PM, fantastic_four said:

Making Wolverine tall defeats the purpose of his name--small, but vicious.  Wolverines are about the size of a small dog.

Honey badgers are even smaller and FAR more vicious, but naming a superhero Honey Badger probably doesn't carry the same gravitas.  :blush:  It's a fun half-hour or so to Youtube videos of honey badgers going after MUCH larger animals such as the pics below.

FRqreIh.gif main-qimg-a65509fb5172e70872804b85fb2e1d

Wolverine_height.gif.fb51510ec66f0df4595f84cff9eb0354.gif

Cranston is 66 and Esposito is 64; between the two I'd enjoy Esposito more as Xavier.  But I would think they'd cast someone in their thirties or forties who can fill the role for quite a while.

On 7/22/2022 at 8:18 AM, fantastic_four said:

Cranston is 66 and Esposito is 64; between the two I'd enjoy Esposito more as Xavier.  But I would think they'd cast someone in their thirties or forties who can fill the role for quite a while.

I would love to see Esposito at Professor X also.  However, my bigger concern with his age isn't his longevity...it would be with Magneto.  I don't want to see a 60+ year old Magneto (since Professor X and Magneto are the the same/close age).

***I'm assuming they have to have Magneto in the MCU

On 7/22/2022 at 9:39 AM, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

I would love to see Esposito at Professor X also.  However, my bigger concern with his age isn't his longevity...it would be with Magneto.  I don't want to see a 60+ year old Magneto (since Professor X and Magneto are the the same/close age).

***I'm assuming they have to have Magneto in the MCU

Magneto will be an interesting case since they're likely going to have to revamp his whole backstory.  Unless the --script is going to get its glasnost on, its kind of tough to push a 30-40 something Magneto as a Holocaust survivor in 2022.  

Edited by mattn792

On 7/22/2022 at 11:19 AM, mattn792 said:

Magneto will be an interesting case since they're likely going to have to revamp his whole backstory.  Unless the ---script is going to get its glasnost on, its kind of tough to push a 30-40 something Magneto as a Holocaust survivor in 2022.  

His Holocaust back story was ret-conned in much later anyway so it's no big deal to replace it with something else.  Stan Lee originally hinted that he, Wanda, and Pietro were Romani (more popularly known at the time as gypsies).  If memory serves the Holocaust background was introduced in X-Men #150 in 1981 by Chris Claremont on the page below.  I suppose that's not mutually exclusive with him being Romani since the Nazis put lots of displaced people they didn't think fit the mold of their "master race" in concentration camps.

VOGljecAd4stA1mTf9hOnTOl602d5elFfrQjZKms

On 7/22/2022 at 9:12 AM, fantastic_four said:

I'm still hoping Magneto is Fassbender who is still only 45.  McAvoy could still be Xavier since he's only 43.

Exactly. They were great casting choices by Fox for their respective roles. Fassbender was a fantastic Magneto.

First Class and Days of Future Past were the best two X-Franchise movies. It is too bad that Fox jumped the shark with Apocalypse and Dark Phoenix instead of building on the momentum of the other two.

Edited by kimik