• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's X-MEN film (TBD)
3 3

554 posts in this topic

Yawn

Officially lost interest 

I am not far off from shunning everything at this point and sticking to video games as entertainment and watching reruns of old TV shows from the 90s and earlier

Society has failed me

On 7/26/2022 at 2:50 PM, MattTheDuck said:

"The Mutants" would not honor the other letters of the Greek alphabet. 

“M” is used in the word “Man”, “Majority” and “Make”….can we just go with “The Wutants+”?

We have a place called Dead Mans Flats here

On the news a girl from the area was being interviewed and she kept referring it as Dead Flats

Totally refused to recognize it as Dead Mans Flats. Like on the sign. And the maps. Legally

On 7/25/2022 at 2:00 AM, Bosco685 said:

Even in his 2014 Rolling Stones interview he was talking about it.

Stan Lee on the X-Men and More: The Lost Interview

I think it was mentioned in 'Comic Creators On X-Men' which was something like 2006. I can't be certain though, as I don't have my copy on hand. 

I also think I remember it from a Marvel Masterworks introduction early on, telling that story. Again, I can't confirm, nor do I know a date offhand. 

Edited by Cat

i'm certain that whenever marvel finally makes an x-men movie, it will absolutely not have the word "Men" in it. i'm not sure how anyone could have watched the last few years of marvel releases and have any doubt about that. i wish i were wrong, but in this case "Mutants" is way, way more likely. 

On 7/26/2022 at 9:13 PM, rexinnih said:

OK, let's get some creative brainstorming here...

"The X-Mutants..."

"X-Force Mutants..."

"Mutant Harder..."

I got nothing. I do like how every reporter still uses "X-Men" to describe updates. 

“X-Marginalized”?

On 7/26/2022 at 10:18 PM, alexgross.com said:

i'm certain that whenever marvel finally makes an x-men movie, it will absolutely not have the word "Men" in it. i'm not sure how anyone could have watched the last few years of marvel releases and have any doubt about that. i wish i were wrong, but in this case "Mutants" is way, way more likely. 

On 7/26/2022 at 10:13 PM, rexinnih said:

OK, let's get some creative brainstorming here...

"The X-Mutants..."

"X-Force Mutants..."

"Mutant Harder..."

I got nothing. I do like how every reporter still uses "X-Men" to describe updates. 

On 7/26/2022 at 10:33 PM, AGGIEZ said:

“X-Marginalized”?

I haven’t been very active on the boards recently, but with Disney catering to today’s woke crowd, maybe the Transients would be a perfect fit?(shrug)

Edited by chezmtghut

On 7/27/2022 at 5:38 AM, D84 said:

How about X-Tinct?

With the :censored: that the MCU has been giving us, I don't care what they do, I'm not watching it. Even if Disney will pay me to sit through this garbage.

You can’t screw with The X-Men. Disney will keep the title and hopefully it will be an awesome start. Days of Future Past set the bar for an X-Men film and I’m really hoping Marvel raises it without a joke or wink every 15 minutes.

On 7/27/2022 at 9:51 PM, chezmtghut said:

I haven’t been very active on the boards recently, but with Disney catering to today’s woke crowd, maybe the Transients would be a perfect fit?(shrug)

tran·sient

a person who is staying or working in a place for only a short time.

a momentary variation in current, voltage, or frequency.

(shrug) 

I believe there might be some misunderstanding.  From what I recall (I maybe incorrect) Feige didn't want to start with the X-men but wanted to start slowing introducing Mutants and then lead into an x-men movie.  Then there was that one executive who said something like X-men was an out dated name and should be changed...(shrug)

On 7/27/2022 at 10:48 PM, Xenosmilus said:

I believe there might be some misunderstanding.  From what I recall (I maybe incorrect) Feige didn't want to start with the X-men but wanted to start slowing introducing Mutants and then lead into an x-men movie.  Then there was that one executive who said something like X-men was an out dated name and should be changed...(shrug)

Seems silly to bring back the cartoon with the name and then change it 

also they have an entire comic line with the name, no way they change it

panic/fear is all I’m seeing 

On 7/27/2022 at 11:51 PM, jsilverjanet said:

Seems silly to bring back the cartoon with the name and then change it 

also they have an entire comic line with the name, no way they change it

panic/fear is all I’m seeing 

yeah maybe.  My point was that Feige didn't want mutants defined as x-men which seems logical to me if true.

On 7/27/2022 at 11:48 PM, Xenosmilus said:

On 7/27/2022 at 11:55 PM, Xenosmilus said:

yeah maybe.  My point was that Feige didn't want mutants defined as x-men which seems logical to me if true.

That 'one executive' is Victoria Alonso, President of Of Physical, Post Production, VFX And Animation and Executive Producer of MCU movies since Avengers (2012). 

Marvel Studios Promotes Victoria Alonso To President Of Physical, Post Production, VFX And Animation

When Disney was purchasing Fox Studios, she was one of the transition executives for the Marvel films from them. And after that Captain Marvel interview, it was assumed that line in Dark Phoenix about X-Men not accounting for female members came from her. The two matched up so much.

As far as The Mutants, when Feige first announce Fantastic Four was in the work at SDCC 2019 he referred to the X-Men as 'The Mutants' which also lined up with Victoria Alonso's comment.