• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's X-MEN film (TBD)
3 3

554 posts in this topic

On 7/28/2022 at 5:43 AM, Bosco685 said:

That 'one executive' is Victoria Alonso, President of Of Physical, Post Production, VFX And Animation and Executive Producer of MCU movies since Avengers (2012). 

Marvel Studios Promotes Victoria Alonso To President Of Physical, Post Production, VFX And Animation

When Disney was purchasing Fox Studios, she was one of the transition executives for the Marvel films from them. And after that Captain Marvel interview, it was assumed that line in Dark Phoenix about X-Men not accounting for female members came from her. The two matched up so much.

As far as The Mutants, when Feige first announce Fantastic Four was in the work at SDCC 2019 he referred to the X-Men as 'The Mutants' which also lined up with Victoria Alonso's comment.

I took it as not all mutants are X-men when he said that?(shrug)

On 7/27/2022 at 11:48 PM, jsilverjanet said:

tran·sient

a person who is staying or working in a place for only a short time.

a momentary variation in current, voltage, or frequency.

(shrug) 

It’s a more inclusive name & describes them perfectly. They come in to do their superhero shtick & disappear from the public eye. If you want a name that actually defines them, mutants wouldn’t fit, since everyone has small genetic mutations. It’s the X Gene that manifests their powers, which is why they’re called X-Men. I suppose X-Gene, X-Generation or Generation-X would technically define them better. 

Edited by chezmtghut

Completely didn't track the SDCC announcement on the "X-Men '97" animation. With the above mention on Feige intending a slow mutant roll-out culminating in an "X-Men" movie and them keeping "X-Men" in the animation title, now thinking that's what will happen. But won't know until things start moving along. 

On 7/28/2022 at 11:22 AM, Xenosmilus said:

I took it as not all mutants are X-men when he said that?(shrug)

On 7/28/2022 at 11:25 AM, MattTheDuck said:

All X-Men are mutants, but not all mutants are X-Men.

X-Men allows for a concentrated focus on a unique people versus 'spreading the love' across multiple movies and shows. Getting tricky over the term 'mutants' to justify the potential downplaying of a 59-year long, worldwide recognized title helps get us where we are today with Phase IV. Or as some have forced themselves to declare, "The MCU is back baby" and then afterwards we realize the disappointment instead.

On 8/11/2022 at 7:53 PM, Bosco685 said:

X-Men: who loves 'em?

I do

X cutioners song

Phalanx Covenant

Fatal Attractions 

Age of Apocalypse 

Inferno

Excellent stories, one and all, plus a huge diverse character selection 

Potentially unlimited stories to tell

On 8/14/2022 at 2:36 PM, The Meta said:

I do

X cutioners song

Phalanx Covenant

Fatal Attractions 

Age of Apocalypse 

Inferno

You had me at 'I do'!

^^

On 8/14/2022 at 1:36 PM, The Meta said:

I do

X cutioners song

Phalanx Covenant

Fatal Attractions 

Age of Apocalypse 

Inferno

Um, you forgot to include the best one...

***Greatest comic book poster ever (Wolverine, Archangel, and Cable "wanted" poster)

20220815_114154.thumb.jpg.c143cf02c25c9ad51fcea2b88754808f.jpg

On 8/14/2022 at 12:36 PM, The Meta said:

I do

X cutioners song

Phalanx Covenant

Fatal Attractions 

Age of Apocalypse 

Inferno

A bit before that:

Mutant Massacre (UXM 211 was my first comic purchase due to the cover)

Fall of the Mutants

Inferno

And I can remember as a youth buying the New Mutants DoFP follow up where Magma raises a volcano where the Sentinel HQ (or on Manhattan?) was and then tracking down XM/UXM 141 and 142 as a result of it.

Edited by kimik

On 8/15/2022 at 12:24 PM, The Meta said:
On 8/15/2022 at 12:22 PM, kimik said:

A bit before that:

Mutant Massacre (UXM 211 was my first comic purchase due to the cover)

Fall of the Mutants

Inferno

I need to find TPBs of all these

I have not checked prices lately, but Fall of the Mutants and Inferno may be cheaper to buy as single issues?

On 8/15/2022 at 2:30 PM, kimik said:

I have not checked prices lately, but Fall of the Mutants and Inferno may be cheaper to buy as single issues?

No idea to be honest

I really have to sit down and write a buy list instead of doing random pickups all the time

Concentrated on getting a Deathmate Red Gold, Age of Apocalypse Alpha Gold and the limited Gen 13 issues in SS

Then I think I'm going to try picking up each of the storylines in as high grade as I can get, probably start with Fall of the Mutants. I know I have the one issue of New Mutants that has the giant train guy one the cover

On 8/15/2022 at 12:34 PM, The Meta said:

No idea to be honest

I really have to sit down and write a buy list instead of doing random pickups all the time

Concentrated on getting a Deathmate Red Gold, Age of Apocalypse Alpha Gold and the limited Gen 13 issues in SS

Then I think I'm going to try picking up each of the storylines in as high grade as I can get, probably start with Fall of the Mutants. I know I have the one issue of New Mutants that has the giant train guy one the cover

I just looked and it is NM #48 that has the DoFP sequel story. It is awesome and is the first issue where you get the sense of how powerful Magma can be.