• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's X-MEN film (TBD)
3 3

554 posts in this topic

On 9/29/2021 at 7:16 AM, Bosco685 said:

Very good point. Although the Theatrical Cut is PG-13, the Ultimate Edition is R-Rated. I own that on 4K I love it so much. List modified! :sumo:

BVS_UE.png.7b4e6fc8eb2c82b697369d9f0bdfca6d.png

I'm wondering if my Ultimate Edition collector's set has MoS and BvS in 4K...

Edit: Almost certain that it doesn't. >:(

Edited by theCapraAegagrus

On 9/28/2021 at 10:31 PM, @therealsilvermane said:

I think the pages really were just a re-telling of Jack Kirby's writing who wasn't thinking of the X-Men's origins when he wrote the Eternals.

I've read exactly the opposite--that Kirby had a better origin for the X-Men in mind before he started writing the Eternals, and that the Eternals came later in his development of the concept.  I've also heard he was originally going to call his series "The Celestials" to focus on the source for mutant powers, but then later decided to focus on one of their other creations instead and would later delve into the Celestials and mutant back story from there.

But I haven't done any deep dive to know who's right and who's just guessing about what Kirby did or didn't want to do and what evidence exists of his motives with the Eternals.  I've seen many claims about what Kirby did or didn't want to do over the years that were difficult if not impossible to verify.  I know that in the 1990s I used to hear that Kirby originally wanted Galactus to be a giant space monster because he thought that was more realistic and that Lee insisted that he be humanoid, but in later trying to trace that back I couldn't find solid evidence of it.  I have a memory of Stan Lee saying that in a video interview, but I couldn't remember which one, and even if he did say it sometimes Stan's memory has been proven not to be great either, which he has repeatedly admitted himself.

When Eternals is closer to coming out I'll probably try to deep dive Kirby's original ideas, or I'll definitely do it if the movie has some hint that the Celestials will be identified as the source of the X-Men in the MCU.  I don't know the source of anything Kirby may or may not have meant other than what's in the comics and what I've read in random places on the Internet so far.  He didn't do many interviews and didn't write his thoughts a lot like Stan Lee did, so much of what he did or didn't intend is hearsay at this point.

Edited by fantastic_four

Now, in an interview with Vanity Fair, Berry reveals that she would absolutely be willing to return as Storm if asked. Though the Fox X-Men films had moved on from her continuity by their conclusion, she reports enjoying her experience playing the character and says she'd relish the opportunity to revisit her. But, Berry adds, the story would have to be the right fit. Check out her full quote below:

"I would absolutely return to it, it's a beloved character, I loved playing Storm, and people love Storm. So, I would absolutely, you know, if we could find a version that would make sense, or a storyline that would make sense, I would absolutely do that, for sure."

She wasn't a very good Storm in the first place. I can't tell you the name of the actress who played the younger Storm, and I couldn't tell you a single line she says, but IMO she's a much better Storm already than Berry. She's got more screen presence and structure to her, composure. That's Storm. 

On 12/3/2021 at 8:10 AM, Bosco685 said:

On 12/3/2021 at 8:12 AM, Mecha_Fantastic said:

She wasn't a very good Storm in the first place. I can't tell you the name of the actress who played the younger Storm, and I couldn't tell you a single line she says, but IMO she's a much better Storm already than Berry. She's got more screen presence and structure to her, composure. That's Storm. 

Yeah,  i sincerely hope not.  Hb should keep her crazy in the real world instead of heading back to the MCU

In an interview with Alex Jones on The One Show, Digital Spy shared actor Taron Egerton's comments about joining the MCU, specifically as Wolverine. The actor was asked about the rumors that he would play the role of Wolverine, which he claimed would be "really exciting," but ultimately stated that "there's no truth in it at all:"

"There’s no truth in it at all. There’s no truth in it. It would be, obviously, really exciting, but I don’t know."

He was then asked if joining the MCU, in general, would be something he would be interested in. He compared the franchise to the James Bond film saga and said that "it would be exciting:"

“Yeah, of course. That’s like playing Bond. It would be exciting to play a role where you play to by such a huge audience. Those movies are the most watched movies in the world. It’s a great thrill and it’s a great part. But there’s no truth in it. Very flattering, though.”

I do, but don't believe I brought both with me, sorry. I'm also not sure when I'll be in Brisbane again to be able to pick it up. Is just one helpful? I think I have the Rogue Cut with me? 

On 4/11/2022 at 12:23 PM, TupennyConan said:

Linky busted or something. 

In a Marvel Studios instagram post it was accidentally shared who is writing the X-Men -script. So that got published by other sites.

I have a feeling Disney worked its magic, and all those references have now been scrubbed.

disney-magic.gif.047e3505fddaf4149d7e2273d8295ac6.gif

Introduced in 1964's X-Men #4, the Wanda Maximoff of the Marvel comic books has ties to the Avengers and the X-Men, including a retconned origin story altering Wanda's mutant heritage as the daughter of Magneto. After a crossover with the X-Verse in Doctor Strange 2 — a multiversal Professor Charles Xavier (Patrick Stewart) is the first confirmed mutant to appear in the Marvel Cinematic Universe — actress Elizabeth Olsen anticipates a future as part of Marvel Studios' rebooted X-Men. 

"I don't really know what I do next after this movie. I don't really know," Olsen told CinemaBlend when asked if Scarlet Witch's future is part of Marvel's X-Men. "I want to know what fans want, and what the ideas are. But I guess you just said it — if we're bringing X-Men back, I'll want to be there. But I have no actual plans yet. I am very excited to talk with [Marvel Studios president and producer Kevin Feige] about that at some point."