• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jack Kirby Verification
1 1

38 posts in this topic

On ‎10‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 11:36 AM, Romanticsumo said:

Hey guys. 'New to the boards. Just recently picked these up at an estate sale. Before I try and get them verified 'was curious to know if anyone has seen anything like this?

Do they look legit? How would I even value them?

I recently attended a signing with Jim Shooter and his sig (on what I had signed and the one on this book) looked virtually identical. I trust these are legit; but you never know.

Thank you in advance!

IMG_3578.PNG

IMG_3579.PNG

IMG_3590.JPG

IMG_3591.jpg

I have no doubt that if submitted for verification to any of the major authenticators, PSA, JSA, or Beckett, all of the signatures on both books will get the thumbs up  You're good. (thumbsu

Edited by James J Johnson

On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 11:25 AM, Romanticsumo said:

Thank you for the reply!

And sensational pieces as well. The signatures aren't obscured by artwork, there's no overlap, and they're well written in bold ink, unrushed, well spaced, arch-type, sit down signatures for each signer. Really nice to see, thank you for sharing!! Beautiful pieces! :cloud9:

4 minutes ago, Wipple said:

found in collection--real?  

kirby signature.jpg

Go through this thread (or elsewhere on the internet) and see if it matches signatures that people seem to agree is real.  Beyond that, there are companies you can pay for authentication or verification 

good luck

An acquaintance of mine just discovered this forum after he had already ordered books from known Jack Kirby/Stan Lee forger Tonfulle-84. Sadly its past the Ebay return item period and he and his friend are the two recent people who placed negative feedback on his Ebay page. Anyways they are spreading Tonfulle's real name and address in case you see him posting items on FB, IG and other sites/app. I don't know if its allowed in this forum but here it is : Tonfulle-84 real name and address : Anthony Fuller 62 Keelie Hall Rd. Montgomery AL 36108