• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PSA: Storage Units and Comics (DON'T DO IT)
2 2

114 posts in this topic

I saw the recent thread, what a shame. 3000 comics and the person said they had no choice but to put them in a storage locker. 3000 comics bagged, boarded and long boxed will fit in a small closet with room to spare,ask me how I know. Tell the wife to put her 50 pairs of shoes and 30 purses in a storage locker, the comics are staying right here at home. 

1 hour ago, PetuniaGrimm said:

I saw the recent thread, what a shame. 3000 comics and the person said they had no choice but to put them in a storage locker. 3000 comics bagged, boarded and long boxed will fit in a small closet with room to spare,ask me how I know. Tell the wife to put her 50 pairs of shoes and 30 purses in a storage locker, the comics are staying right here at home. 

I suspected that thread may be a scam.

5 hours ago, PetuniaGrimm said:

You don't know my wife.

5 hours ago, PetuniaGrimm said:

What was that comic strip / comic book with the guy that had his bed frame made out of stacked long boxes?  I can't remember the name or find a jpg of that.  Always thought that was a good idea for those that are storage-challenged.  Now they have those drawer-box units, so it would be pretty feasible....., hm

17 minutes ago, jcjames said:

What makes you think that??

Hackers and scammers are roaming during Coronavirus pandemic.  I have received many scans on my phone, email and other accounts that are screened out.  IRS called me few times after I already paid my tax before Stay at Home order

It's OK to suspect.  My friend through Facebook warned me about a person is selling masks door to door that are poisonous. It doesn't surprise me. Just beware of it.

4 minutes ago, JollyComics said:

Hackers and scammers are roaming during Coronavirus pandemic.  I have received many scans on my phone, email and other accounts that are screened out.  IRS called me few times after I already paid my tax before Stay at Home order

It's OK to suspect.  My friend through Facebook warned me about a person is selling masks door to door that are poisonous. It doesn't surprise me. Just beware of it.

How can masks be poisonous?  How can this be some money making scam?
Ps my thoughts on storage lockers and comics: NEVER.  If you have no room for them find trusted friend.   If not possible, SELLTHEM.  Buy as many back later as you can with the money.  Let money be your storage locker!!!

30 minutes ago, kav said:

Ps my thoughts on storage lockers and comics: NEVER.  If you have no room for them find trusted friend.   If not possible, SELLTHEM.  Buy as many back later as you can with the money.  Let money be your storage locker!!!

Maybe I misinterpreted something.

During the pandemic, I finally learned about them and I realized that I had too many friends on FB are dumb and dumber were already deleted from my Facebook (I always tried to explain everything to them logically - YES, frankly they are still THICKHEADS). My FB account is NOW dumb-free.  Not until my wife told me about the poisonous masks from her Facebook (my reaction was...NOT AGAIN :eyeroll:).  I know it's BALONEY out of their boredom or they are paranoid.  They are becoming crazy and craziest everyday.

To be honest with you, I have to stay sane and I determined to survive the COVID-19 while I am on the Front Line at UPS which is an essential job.  I may sort and load your books throughout.  I have seen countless Diamond Comic Book boxes everyday for 11 years at UPS until Diamond ceased it.  ONE TIME, the box was torn and opened. My heart was rapidly pounded when I packed all vintage 60's comic books back in the box and I held JIM #83 for one long minute but I realized it was not mine. Stowed it and taped the box. I have seen UPS employees stealing them but most of them were caught immediately. That is NOTHING new to me.

I rented storage twice in my life but I NEVER put my comic books there but I put them in my most trusted friends' places. That is where my money is at my safest places - my treasured and trusted friends.

Sadly, the scammers make money out of the people who ARE afraid or gullible. It happened to my TWO friends fell for it (of course they aren't smart enough).  No matter HOW HARD I tried to warn my "average" friends.  I act on my humane part and my heart for them but what I can do about it?   It's so hard to see them being victimized like I picked up a bird with a broken wing but I have to stop doing that.  You know what I mean.

Let me tell you....it is always OK to suspect if it's a legit or scam.   I did help most board members here too to find their stolen books I believe them.  Don't forget that.   I can survive your harsh words but you are always in my heart.

40 minutes ago, JollyComics said:

Maybe I misinterpreted something.

During the pandemic, I finally learned about them and I realized that I had too many friends on FB are dumb and dumber were already deleted from my Facebook (I always tried to explain everything to them logically - YES, frankly they are still THICKHEADS). My FB account is NOW dumb-free.  Not until my wife told me about the poisonous masks from her Facebook (my reaction was...NOT AGAIN :eyeroll:).  I know it's BALONEY out of their boredom or they are paranoid.  They are becoming crazy and craziest everyday.

To be honest with you, I have to stay sane and I determined to survive the COVID-19 while I am on the Front Line at UPS which is an essential job.  I may sort and load your books throughout.  I have seen countless Diamond Comic Book boxes everyday for 11 years at UPS until Diamond ceased it.  ONE TIME, the box was torn and opened. My heart was rapidly pounded when I packed all vintage 60's comic books back in the box and I held JIM #83 for one long minute but I realized it was not mine. Stowed it and taped the box. I have seen UPS employees stealing them but most of them were caught immediately. That is NOTHING new to me.

I rented storage twice in my life but I NEVER put my comic books there but I put them in my most trusted friends' places. That is where my money is at my safest places - my treasured and trusted friends.

Sadly, the scammers make money out of the people who ARE afraid or gullible. It happened to my TWO friends fell for it (of course they aren't smart enough).  No matter HOW HARD I tried to warn my "average" friends.  I act on my humane part and my heart for them but what I can do about it?   It's so hard to see them being victimized like I picked up a bird with a broken wing but I have to stop doing that.  You know what I mean.

Let me tell you....it is always OK to suspect if it's a legit or scam.   I did help most board members here too to find their stolen books I believe them.  Don't forget that.   I can survive your harsh words but you are always in my heart.

dang I came off as harsh-was just curious.  Not the first time.  Actually lost one friendship cause I asked a curious question.

17 minutes ago, kav said:

dang I came off as harsh-was just curious.  Not the first time.  Actually lost one friendship cause I asked a curious question.

You are forgiven!  I know you so well. No sweat on it.

Some are too fragile and can't handle it well. 

7 minutes ago, JollyComics said:

You are forgiven!  I know you so well. No sweat on it.

Some are too fragile and can't handle it well. 

I asked one friend to describe me (I highly recommend this exercise)  one of the things was 'extremely curious.  Oh and CURIOUS'.  Another was 'confused and amused by social interactions'.

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 10:20 AM, kav said:

Totally agree, and with you money you save every month by not having to rent a storage locker, more comics!

i store thousands of cheap books in my storage lockers.  I don't want books that are under-achievers hob -knobbing with the elite. They are insured and I want my house to be a home, not a place where I store mess.  Eventually, I will buy my own forty foot storage container but until then, they are where they are.

I couldn't imagine asking a friend to store either my valuable comics or my future paper-mache .